• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Unova Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikacu

Cant Beat The Heat!
Well just about all games slow down after the main story

And this is the challenge for modern designers, how to keep a game interesting after the story is finished, the three cities were a good idea but there does need to be more maybe if there was some sort of side quest to do after the credits or (once the console has the power) add additional regions, they have proved that i can be done (and successfully) with gold and silver

Nevlo

Jack of all Trades
i agree
adding regions after main story would be great!!
and the 3ds sure has the power to do it....

who know start in unova and end up in kanto or sinnoh wouldnt it be great?

Pikacu

Cant Beat The Heat!
Point but some other ds games are pretty big it wouldn't surprise me if there was the memory available

Grey Wind

There are so many arguments to disapprove that theory.

Lets move on to something else. Linear map - did you like it?

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Made a change from having to go back and forth and enter different places from different angles and entry points and kept it simple really. It was quite refreshing to play the game like that

bushie

five regions is imposible never going to happen. i did think unova was a lot smaller than i expected from the map standpoint it looked masssive but sadly it wasn't.recent poke games the gameplay falls rapidly after completing the main story.they should add some islands with gym type leaders like the orange islands

Geekachu

Contrary to most other people, I really liked it. As someone said it was fresh, and just generally nice not to have to back track too much.

The only thing that confused me about Unova was why they decided to put the Shopping Mall on a route.

Grei

not the color

Honestly, kind of. While it's neat having a region that isn't linear (as a "decide your own adventure" idea), keeping it linear makes it seem like a bigger region overall, and that the journey was a longer one. I enjoyed it.

It also helped having such large routes.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Sure why not. I don't get why people complain about that. It's just a map, after all. I thought it was pretty easy to navigate through Unova because the path was laid out for us. I remember how in R/S/E you had to return to Petalburg City to get the fifth badge. I liked that we didn't have to return to a previous town to get a Gym badge in B/W; we just had to keep moving forward.

Grei

not the color
Sure why not. I don't get why people complain about that. It's just a map, after all. I thought it was pretty easy to navigate through Unova because the path was laid out for us. I remember how in R/S/E you had to return to Petalburg City to get the fifth badge. I liked that we didn't have to return to a previous town to get a Gym badge in B/W; we just had to keep moving forward.

That never even made sense. It was logical in Kanto, when Viridian was the first Gym-bearing City, but also the last Gym you would battle, and also right next to the League.

With Hoenn, you traveled to Rustboro, around to Dewford, then to Mauville (is that how you spell it?), up to Lavaridge, and then all the way back to Petalburg. Made no sense.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
I don't see why people freaked out so much over this region being very linear. I'll admit, I preferred roaming all over the place to find the newest city like in previous regions, but my gaming experience certainly wasn't destroyed when I found out I wouldn't be doing that this game. Besides, I think quality of the cities is more important than quality on how to get to them. Sure, Unova was very linear, but their city designs were some of the best in the series, with Castelia, Nimbasa and the dual Opelucids just to name a few.

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
Honestly, kind of. While it's neat having a region that isn't linear (as a "decide your own adventure" idea), keeping it linear makes it seem like a bigger region overall, and that the journey was a longer one. I enjoyed it.
I had the opposite reaction... XD I really prefer non-linear maps, and I really love Hoenn and Sinnoh because of that. Always struck me as much more realistic, and I enjoyed taking time to explore everywhere and looked forward to returning to places I liked. It doesn't detract a whole lot from this game but overall I'm not a fan of linear maps.

Geekachu

Is it wrong that I laughed at this?

But another thing I really liked about Unova was the routes 17 and 18. They were really cool cliff routes, and I love it when games have dead end routes with no real purpose. It just gives you a greater sense of adventure when you're exploring a route which has no major purpose, and is barely affected by civillization... aaaaaaahh...

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
But another thing I really liked about Unova was the routes 17 and 18. They were really cool cliff routes, and I love it when games have dead end routes with no real purpose. It just gives you a greater sense of adventure when you're exploring a route which has no major purpose, and is barely affected by civillization... aaaaaaahh...

Well, you get the Larvesta egg and HM Waterfall on these routes, so one could say these routes did have a purpose. But I do agree with what you're saying, it was nice to backtrack and explore these routes without an actual destination in mind.

The Fad.

Banned
I hated routes 17 and 18. They brought back what I hate - water routes.

Status
Not open for further replies.