• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Unova Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saph

Rapscallion
Unova didn't even feel like a proper region. It was just a flat surface where characters would drag you from plot point to plot point. The feeling of adventure and exploration was completely gone.

abrar14

Statter Master
yaeh thats true. hoenn was the mlst explorable region

Sakrey

Caring Career
So did anyone take some shot at the concept arts displayed during the Pokemon World Championships ?

Here is an overview to some of them, from PWC.com

day2misc6.jpg

There are also some close-up here (along with some Pokemon artwork).

/me Wish I was there to steal them.

Grey Wind

Oh wow, that concept art is great. I really love the image of Nuvema town. Thanks for that.

But what is the area shown in the top left corner?

Grei

not the color
Awesome concept art!

Lets see if I get this right...

Left Side:
Upper left - Dreamyard
Middle left - Nimbasa
Bottom left - Skyarrow Bridge
All three right panels - Castelia

Right Side:
Upper left - Castelia
Middle left - Nacrene
Bottom left - Striaton
Upper right - Nuvema
Middle right - Just a Pokemon Center (maybe in Striaton?)
Lower right - Castelia steampunk version

I always love looking at concept art. This stuff is wonderful.

Geekachu

Small thing, but one thing that disappointed me about BW's release was the artwork of Unova, I thought it was really disappointing in comparison to the artwork of Sinnoh which was accurate (to the games) and perfect down to the finest detail. I hope this is rectified by the release of the third game.

I think I have seen the Nimbassa, Nuvema and the main artwork of Castelia before, when they were released in Japan. However some i had never seen before, like the sketch of the Dreamyard. And I really liked the dark version of Castelia it reminds me of cities from movies and programs where they have been left untouched for decades.

I also enjoyed the Skyarrow Bridge, it was probably the most stunning out of the bounch in my opinion. I love the way the clouds were painted, they skyline in the background and the person watching the bridge/skyline. It is a great picture and would have been greaeven if I didn't know it was pokemon related.

Meowth City

Staff member
Wow, the artwork is beautiful. I wish I went to the World Championship just to see those in person and close up.

Aegon

That artwork is incredibly beautiful. *Imagines home console version/3DS version of Pokémon incorporating those designs* I particularly like the top-right and the bottom-left versions of Castelia. They're packed with buildings and almost look like castles.

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
Those are amazing, especially the one of Castelia in the middle.

It actually looks like somebody went inside the game and took a picture of oceanside. It makes me even more ashamed of my horrible art skills.

GrassTypes.

Unova's ... well ... it's ... eh .I would've liked to see if you could've used the Aiport to go to other reigon's . You can't have it all though.

GrassTypes.

Unova didn't even feel like a proper region. It was just a flat surface where characters would drag you from plot point to plot point. The feeling of adventure and exploration was completely gone.

I agree . I completed this game in rougly 18 Hours. and I had a Full Team . Needs more Post Game things. Like a new region . It'd be cool to go back to Kanto and work your way through the *insert Continents name here* Continent's region's.

BCVM22

Unova had half the region locked away and waiting for you post-E4. 18 hours of gameplay before you're "done" is above average for a game of this ilk.

But no, let's clamor for Kanto again.

Status
Not open for further replies.