• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Unova Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Mistralton was a let down. It had a big open space with nothing there. I mean yeah, it's a runway and they need to be long, but if it is of no use to the players, then why is it there? They could of put more houses or something there.

If there are houses there, then it's not a runway ;)

The runway is meant to represent the airport theme. It's just happens that the players are not the one using the airport, as it was a cargo plane airport.

But since it is an airport, it needs to have the long runway, regardless of whether we use it or not.

takbir10

Banned
i like it but the new battle style is kinda silly
when pidove tried to use quick attack but snivy used leaf storm to block it
so how did quick attack not go first

BlazingCold

i like it but the new battle style is kinda silly
when pidove tried to use quick attack but snivy used leaf storm to block it
so how did quick attack not go first

Um, you can't block attacks..
-Tibbah

Bsugarhigh

you must be playing the hacked version of pokemon because unless its fake out or extreme speed, Quick would go first.

Tsutaja1996

If there are houses there, then it's not a runway ;)

The runway is meant to represent the airport theme. It's just happens that the players are not the one using the airport, as it was a cargo plane airport.

But since it is an airport, it needs to have the long runway, regardless of whether we use it or not.

I know, I said I understood that. What I'm saying is if you are going to put some kind of airport in the games, and they are no use to the players, then what's the point? It's like the producers went 'Okay, we'll put an airport in the game.. but it will be no use to the players'

It's like it's just there to look good. What I'm saying is they could of put something in the place of the airport and runway and put something the players could use, if you understand where I'm coming from?

Psyboy

Psychic Breeder
The Unova region is one of my favorites of all time. Hoenn>Kanto>Unova. I just love how refreshing it feels.

I liked the changes they did to the PC, the faster text speed, and the lowercase Pokemon names (finally!). I was getting annoyed by the uppercase names ._.

Grey Wind

I know, I said I understood that. What I'm saying is if you are going to put some kind of airport in the games, and they are no use to the players, then what's the point? It's like the producers went 'Okay, we'll put an airport in the game.. but it will be no use to the players'

It's like it's just there to look good. What I'm saying is they could of put something in the place of the airport and runway and put something the players could use, if you understand where I'm coming from?
I get where you're coming from, but I disagree. You could say that Castelia City didn't need so many buildings, it's just to loook good. Or why have bridges, when you can just have a plain road.

I get where you're coming from, but I disagree. You could say that Castelia City didn't need so many buildings, it's just to loook good. Or why have bridges, when you can just have a plain road.

There is still a large difference. A bridge is supposed to get something safely over something( in most cases, water or from a top to another). And that is what you do in the games to. You use the bridges for what they are made for, getting you over on the other side.

And you can't really compare Caselia to the Airport that way. If nearly all the houses in Caselia were closed, then it would be somewhat the same. But many of the houses can be entered and have people in them.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
I agree with Mistralton. It just seemed like alot of space for nothing. But I do think that the airplane will be put into use in the third game, so I'm not too fussed.

Also, I had quite a warm feeling when walking through the East of Unova. I love it, despite it's.. uselessness.

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
I agree with Mistralton. It just seemed like alot of space for nothing. But I do think that the airplane will be put into use in the third game, so I'm not too fussed.

Also, I had quite a warm feeling when walking through the East of Unova. I love it, despite it's.. uselessness.

Unova east side is mostley filler for after the elite four, for catching previous gen pokemon, and evolved 5th gen pokemon. It also holds the 2 highest level legendary in the game a level 70 Landorus and a level 75 Kyreum. Still I agree with you they should have added more and maybe used the airport to bring you to the hoenn or Sinnoh region as an expansion after beating the elite four like gold and silver had Kanto and Johto. In any case black and white needed more.

Last edited:

Aurath8

Still I agree with you they should have added more and maybe used the airport to bring you to the hoenn or Sinnoh region.
Again, the airport is for cargo planes only. They don't carry any people apart from the pilot and co-pilot. We will never be traveling to any other regions, or indeed anywhere, using the Milstralton airport. Never.

~Light

I kinda liked the airport in Mistralton ^^

But I think they could've added something special to the airport. Like a special event or cave or something like that

Sucker_Punch

I personally expected more from the region! They need to do more diverse regions like Hoenn (my favourite region) or even sinnoh! Also, they need more water!

Aegon

I personally expected more from the region! They need to do more diverse regions like Hoenn (my favourite region) or even sinnoh! Also, they need more water!
In three or four years' time, this comment will be "There's too much water! I'm tired of running into Tentacool!" xD

I agree though, a bit more water or exploration would have been nice, but that's only a minor fault.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
In three or four years' time, this comment will be "There's too much water! I'm tired of running into Tentacool!" xD

I agree though, a bit more water or exploration would have been nice, but that's only a minor fault.

We don't even need to wait three or four years for that comment, since I doubt the R/S/E remake will take that long xD

I'm not concerned about the lack of water in Unova, since we'll get plenty of water in Hoenn xD

Status
Not open for further replies.