• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Unpopular Opinions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
I mean Ash did:
1. Invite her himself.
2. Gave her a gift himself.
3. Sacrificed his gym battle for her event.
4. Often used to rub her his index finger on his nose around her, which is a known sign of nervousness.
And he never did these for anyone else.

It wasn't clear in the slightest.
Although it can't be denied, he did show attraction but only during the orange island arc but then again, he could just be angry on the gym leader for not paying attention to the gym battle(Rudey?), that's it. And so many poke-shipping moments were dubbed by 4kids and isn't in the original Japanese version.
That's not the case with Amourshipping.
Amourshipping was the better ship.
And that's all.
This isn't a shipping thread so I think we should

^youre the one carrying on though and not allowing them to express their opinions in peace which is kind of what the thread is about. It’s not meant to be a debate thread.

Plus the scenario you’re talking about with Rudy happened with Danny too. He showed clear jealousy in the episode Navel Maneuvers. He also even showed jealousy in princess vs princess among Misty Meets Her Match. You’re trying to nitpick something you clearly don’t know the details of which isn’t fair. He showed attraction towards Misty in Ghost of Maidens Peak. There were only three clearly dub added hints if you count the jirachi wish maker thing,(the other two are the we’re getting married one day line and something about kissing) besides that, all the other hints are in fact in the original japanese including Tracey leaning towards being a Pokeshipper himself. The only other 4kids added crap were Misty’s ridiculous songs.

Also you sound crazy with the “it’s the better ship” crap just like you did trying to force everyone to believe XY is the best series. I’m not doing the objective vs subjective argument with you again because its sound irrational.

Last edited:

Xuxuba

While we’re on the topic of Ash and Misty. Pokeshipping>Amourshipping don’t @ me.
Well, this thread was nice while it lasted.

Here comes the inevitable shipping wars...

I actually agree with this! I just sat and struggled to watch some Sun & Moon episode without being on my phone or falling asleep & I get bored real fast to the point I go back and watch older seasons (even B&W!).!
It did made me appreciate BW more for what they did right.

Not sure if this is an unpopular opinion or not, but i think the N Episode was actually better than both the AF arc and the Necrozma arc.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Black & White had better animations than the old seasons, at least. Also, Sun & Moon’s animation is atrocious compared to B&W.
It might have looked prettier (although art is in the eye of the beholder) but I prefer SM’s simply because they didn’t spam every spherical move they could find in the latter half of BW (so much Hidden Power!)

Moonlight Starlight

Mini-Modding
No more shipping discussion or this thread board might end up closing if we don't want this. So please keep things on topic for once. No more shipping topic on this thread please. Moving on

J.Agera

[Top-notch Сasual Dating Authentic Ladies]
SM is leagues better when it comes to comedy (SM gags being actually funny) and cast personalities (XY cast being overly nice to the point of it looking unrealistic) though.
Disagree. I don't find the SM series that funny, it seems forced most of the time. XY was funnier to me.
And while the XY cast did have the "nice" personality, it wasn't unrealistic at all.
Except Clemont, I think I have seen everyone, from the XY cast get angry at least once and I have seen everyone having a varied personality.
You are telling the SM cast doesn't have that "nice" personality?
Absolutely disagree on that.
And why did you even have to bring XY into this topic? I think it's unnecessary.

Xuxuba

SM is leagues better when it comes to comedy (SM gags being actually funny).
Dunno about that, i am not really a fan of slapstick comedy... Personally, i prefer tongue-in-cheek comedy like OS-Kanto.

and cast personalities (XY cast being overly nice to the point of it looking unrealistic) though
To be honest, i didn't find that unrealistic. I mean, there are places like that in real life where people are usually nice to each other, like Canada i guess lol

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
XY is my least favorite series, followed by BW
I think the Battle Frontier is the best season of AG and is my most favorite of the entire anime.

D

Deleted member 384931

Well you’re always stating the same opinion over and over without being asked so I’m not sure why another user can’t do the same
If you don't like a series, post that on your profile and everyone can read it. If you don't have any arguments to support your opinion, than stay silent.

Status
Not open for further replies.