• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Unpopular Opinions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
If you don't like a series, post that on your profile and everyone can read it. If you don't have any arguments to support your opinion, than stay silent.

this is literally the unpopular opinion thread

D

Deleted member 384931

this is literally the unpopular opinion thread
Yes but you don't have to repeat it 10 times OK!? Besides everybody knows by now that you don't like a series. You have made your point. Now give some facts why you don't like series.

D

Deleted member 384931

Double Posting
I generally don't buy into Armorshipping because of how formal Ash was in XY. He liked Serena but their relationship actually felt like one of the least intimate from his side of things.
Look thank you, that are facts. I understand that really

MusicFan22

Can you guys please knock it off with the arguing? I wish the mods can just pop up right now because it should be positive and uplifting.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Why was BW a mess? I like BW, because it has an interesting story. Only sadly Team Plasma wasn't involved that much. We all know why, but we can't change it.

Characters are bad, battles are underwhelming´(league and gym leaders), too many BS moments like Cameron's Riolu evolving in the league, Team Plasma arc was lackluster, teams are underwhelming, fillers and problematic pacing.

SM generally had less of those problems, but I still would say it's pretty lackluster.

Xuxuba

How can we holler at the mods so the bickering will stop?
At this point, it's best not to get into the fight and let them sort things out on their own.

We shouldn't add fuel to the flames, like i am seeing some people doing here.

I can agree with that. I miss OS-Kanto's comedy because that's what made me love this anime in the first place.
I wouldn't mind the focus on the comedy if the dialogue was more witty. I still think they should know when to be serious and when to be funny though.

Last edited:

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I don’t think this is completely unpopular. I see loads of people praising her double battle with Ash.

And it should be ash vs olympia is probably the best gym battle of the anime history, and probably is candidate for best battle as well.

Speaking of that, I actually like when characters don't have a goal at first, similar to May and Serena, as long as they don't spend half the season looking for what to do. I liked the way Dawn started but it was basically the exact same way Ash did (to the point where the writers mirrored Azelf with Ho-oh, and Ariados for the Spearow). So every girl just being eager to begin their journey would feel too stale and boring.

I only wish they played up May's dislike for pokemon a little longer....rather than dropping it the moment she picked her Torchic.

Makes sense 90% of people in real life also do not have goals when start there education as well, as for may yeah she got over her fear of pokemon way too early it should have taken few episodes i think lillie was handled much better in this regard and not only that for her contest goal she should have been more serious, earlier it looked like she was becoming coordinator as an excuse to avoid taking gym battles which wee more harder.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Why did Lana get Eevee? She has done nothing with it the whole time she had it. In fact the writers haved done nothing with Eevee its not even being used to show off Lets go because it hasn't learned any of its special moves from the games.
Maybe they planned on giving her a Vaporeon. Any time a main character got an Eevee, the Pokémon evolved at some point. May got Glaceon and Serena got Sylveon.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Characters are bad, battles are underwhelming´(league and gym leaders), too many BS moments like Cameron's Riolu evolving in the league, Team Plasma arc was lackluster, teams are underwhelming, fillers and problematic pacing.

SM generally had less of those problems, but I still would say it's pretty lackluster.
Well Krabby evolved in the league too.
Edit: UO; Lana is actually good character.She's better than Mallow and Sophocles and maybe on par with Kiawe. Lillie is still number one when it comes to classmates( except Ash).
Ash >> Lillie >>> Kiawe= Lana > Sophocles > Mallow

I give Sophocles an edge because of Alola league.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Why is it taking so long to get to that point. We are at the near the end of SM and Eevee still has done nothing.
May didn’t get Glaceon until the Wallace Cup. She carried Eevee around for a good part of the BF season and Serena’s didn’t evolve until past the midway point of XY.

Status
Not open for further replies.