1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Unpopular Opinions Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by PorcelainVulpix, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Apslup

Apslup Feelin' Fine.

I love the 4kids dub. TPCI dub sucks.

2. Sham

Sham Balloons full of songs

I just didn’t like how 4kids changed so much dialogue.

Emelie likes this.
  3. maartjeverhoef

maartjeverhoef Well-Known Member

I never liked Drew and I think the idea of a jerky rival having a romantic subplot with a Pokégirl is one of the worst things that has ever come out of this anime.

Sham, MockingJ and Alola Adventurer like this.
  4. mysticalglacia

mysticalglacia Alola Shill

Lillie is a great character with some of the best development in the anime and one of my personal favorites, but the problem lies in how choppy her focus is. It makes her development look inconsistent when she gets episodes twice every year, some of them that basically retread what we already know. The Magearna subplot finally seems to be giving her more room to grow, but it’s a shame it had to come so late in the game.

5. Sham

Agreed, I made a long college essay on why I consider her to be one of the best characters

But our girl really needed more focus episodes to be honest.

Pokegirl Fan~ and mysticalglacia like this.
  6. Ignition

Ignition Buttwitch needs more appreciation

Ash wasn’t the biggest issue with BW: that honor belongs to the cursed Decolore Islands. Nothing a single good thing came from it

7. Sham

It’s honestly a pity they had nothing to fall on to delay the anime like AG and battle frontier.

Ignition likes this.
  8. Shadao

Shadao Well-Known Member

They had the Team Plasma arc. Which was rushed as Episode N and could have stretched all the way into early Fall. The fact they cut Team Plasma short and then went with full filler arc with the goal being getting back to Kanto (which could take forever), it's clear to me that the production team just gave up and simply bid their time while they figure out on what to do with the XY series.

Emelie likes this.
  9. Sham

That isn’t the same thing as having what is essentially a badge quest. Battle Frontier was able to delay AG by two series. The Plasma arc had about ten episodes (or more) dedicated to them. I’m not saying they couldn’t of been better quality but adding episodes/stretching it was clearly not the answer.

10. Shadao

Shadao Well-Known Member

I mean, Episode N could use a few episodes to be fleshed out and get a proper climax.

Emelie likes this.
  11. Sham

Sure but I don’t think that that would of did anything for the overall problem. They still needed 20 episodes (basically five months) of coverage. It’s just unfortunately they had nothing fall back on because almost everything in BW/BW2 was covered from locations to characters.

12. Shadao

Shadao Well-Known Member

I don't know; if 9 episodes were used for Episode N instead of the Decolorae Islands, and the remaining 11 episodes were dedicated to Kalos promotion, it might have been a different reception.

Emelie and MockingJ like this.
  13. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

DA would have been a lot cooler if they actually had something major, instead of just Alexa's introduction and Claire setup. Like Ash catching Dunsparce, Iris Druddigon, and get Cilan over his fear by catching a Purrlion. I did love that Zoroark filler though
    Another OI would have been cool too

I think that was the original intention, the end made it feel like she was meant to come back. But then... so did Butch/Cassidy's appearance >.>

?
    That's Mallow, sorry. She's hardly gotten any focus or development, Lillie's gotten tons compared to her.

I agree, but that's not really unpopular lol Everyone loves Brock's jelly doughnuts and trademarked drying pans
    The unpopular version would the reverse of that :p

14. Ash wanna be a Pokémon Master, but we don't know what you have to do to become one. And from Kanto to Kalos to Alola we never saw a pokemon Master.

15. MockingJ

MockingJ (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

Well yeah, Ash's goal is supposed to be open-ended like that without a proper explanation of what it truly takes to become a Pokemon Master.

16. Sham

I actually enjoy’s DP rap theme.

J.Agera, PorcelainVulpix and Ignition like this.
  17. AznKei

AznKei Rabi-Ribi's Cocoa is cute! ^_^

I think a Pokemon master was a Gen 1 concept when you have to capture all 151 different Pokemons. Right now this isn't feasible anymore, that's why it's more vague than before.

18. Ignition

Ignition Buttwitch needs more appreciation

I still know the lyrics by heart to this day

PorcelainVulpix and Sham like this.
  19. Sham

“New rivals as you fight for survival” iconic. To be honest the English themes only started becoming corny with Sun and Moon

Ignition likes this.
  20. PorcelainVulpix

PorcelainVulpix Well-Known Member

I didn't really like BW English themes either. The XY ones were okay.

Nothing compares to the AG and OS dub openings.

Johto Journeys, This Dream and Unbeatable >>>

Pikachu979 and Sham like this.