• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Unused Z-Moves

Do you think we'll get ALL of them?

• Sure, there's still time!

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Most, but not all

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Looks like they'll be left out...

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

Jangobadass

Surprise!
SM's days are numbered, but there are several Z-Moves that haven't been animated yet.

There's still the Psychic, Ghost, Fairy and Poison ones (It's a given that Lillie will use Subzero Slammer at some point).

There are also the specific Z-Moves for Decidueye, Alolan Raichu, Mew, Kommo-o, The Island Guardians, and Ultra Necrozma.

Now, it's likely a lot of them will be shown during the Alola League. Hau can use Sinister Arrow Rain. Plumeria can use Acid Downpour if she partakes. I can see Mina participating to use Twinkle Tackle, and Acerola gracing us while showing off Never-Ending Nightmare. The odd man out is Shattered Psyche.

The specific Z-Moves are more tricky. They could be used in the League, but they, and the rest mentioned, could be used afterwards. One thing I've thought about is Nina using Stoked Sparksurfer and/or Shattered Psyche. Maybe both to get 2 Flying-types with one Rock-type move.

The really iffy part is the remaining Z-moves used by Legendaries. Unless, of course, they just use them for the heck of it like Marsahdow did in M20, or how Legendaries randomly Mega-Evolved in the XY Movies and specials. In particular, I have a really hard time seeing when or how Mew could use Genesis Supernova unless they stoop to shoe-horning it into M22 (Arceus forgive them).

What do you guys think? Do think EVERY Z-Move will be used by SM's end since they're on a roll anyway? Or will a few fall through the cracks and go unanimated because they just can't fit them in?

Last edited:

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
I think that some won't be used, since there really doesn't seem to be any good reason to animate guardian of alola and some of them since well...a situation that they would be used in doesn't seem likely. And it's not exactly like the tapus can use a z move on their own. Who knows, maybe. Perhaps we'll get these later on when we get to the League itself.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I think most will appear. Depends on how they manage their time

There's no way that we'll see Mew's Z Move since it's doubtful that we'll see a Mew appear in the show again before the end of the SM series. Some of the others seem unlikely to be used as well.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Since Z-Moves won't be used in the next saga since they're going to be defunct in the Gen VIII era, I don't really mind if the remaining unused Z-Moves aren't shown. But we might see a few of them used at the Alola League.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
We'll probably see most of them at the League. And Mew's has a good chance of being shown during this year's movie.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
I think we'll see all of the remaining elemental Z Moves at the Alola league, but that the special Z Moves won't be used at all.

Red and Blue

If they do a big climax involving Necrozma, the Ultra Beasts, and the Tao trio then that's a big opportunity to show off the remaining Z moves. Especially the Tapunium and Necrozium Z crystals

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Hopefully all the elemental ones are used; Ghost, Psychic, etc

Bummed Marshadow didn't get a proper appearance for Acerola to display his move
If we see Tapu, Ash better be using it with Koko

Red and Blue

Based on the lineup for the league looks like all of the remaining elemental Z moves will be shown before SM ends. And the signature ones as well