• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The upcoming Team Flare arc

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
The theme in gen 6 in generell is life, deah and war so it's not that impressing, that X/Y have so many death situations.

Including death into the anime isn't even that rare. We have a couple of episodes since ever in the anime series and some past XY episodes have someone died in the episode.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The theme in gen 6 in generell is life, deah and war so it's not that impressing, that X/Y have so many death situations.

Including death into the anime isn't even that rare. We have a couple of episodes since ever in the anime series and some past XY episodes have someone died in the episode.

I thought the theme was actually MEGA EVOLUTION YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! instead?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
We have a couple of episodes since ever in the anime series and some past XY episodes have someone died in the episode.

The death of an anime character here and there =/= TF's genocide plan from the games though. Like, I doubt XY&Z will emulate that stuff.

Janovy

Banned

Exactly.

At this point people are disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing without providing any real arguments. XY isn't afraid of the concept of death and that is a fact proven by numerous episodes.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
But XY (and the anime for the most part) is afraid of complex themes. Life, death, and war are complex themes. I honestly hope they dn't butcher the plot just like they did to Team Plasma.

Janovy

Banned
But XY (and the anime for the most part) is afraid of complex themes. Life, death, and war are complex themes. I honestly hope they dn't butcher the plot just like they did to Team Plasma.
In Act II Lysandre said he needs Mega Evo energy for peaceful purposes. We know from the game that Lysandre wants to rid the world of conflict and strife.

His goal is the same and he'll probably try achieving that in the same way.

AuraKshatriya

I think I have an alternative hypothesis for the Greninja. Ash's Frogadier's ability's never actually been confirmed. This could be Greninja simply activating Protean; it's changed colours (black sides of head like Ash's hair, red stripe on head like Ash's hat) and shape (ever so slightly around the cheeks to be shaped like Ash's hair, with red zigzags for Ash's birthmarks on his cheeks) to adopt the traits of an individual whose strengths it wants to invoke (in this case - Ash's), just like how in the game it changes its appearance (by means of it's "type") when it invokes other types of moves. Everything else about it's design can be done by a normal Greninja. Frogadier already knows Cut, so the Water Swords are Greninja's version of that, and it could theoretically just form a Water Shuriken and somehow mount it on its back. On the Ash Greninja artwork beside (not in) the poster, it shows Greninja holding the Water Shuriken behind him, which shows it's not permanently affixed to or emitted by his back. So basically, this would be Ash's (eventual) Greninja activating Protean and becoming an "Ash-type", perhaps as its actions echo Ash's courage, etc.
...It'd be AWESOME if Ash were getting Mega Greninja, though. But this can serve as character develoment for Greninja whilst also leaving room for Ash to lose to Alain's Mega Charizard X initially before calling on Charizard Y to defeat it (since the calendar strongly implies Charizard Y will be appearing in December like it did with Talonflame, and then there's the Mega Charizard Y plushie). IF THE MEGA SCEPTILE ON THE POSTER IS ASH'S THOUGH, THEN XY JUST WON.

Red and Blue

The death of an anime character here and there =/= TF's genocide plan from the games though. Like, I doubt XY&Z will emulate that stuff.

It wont emulate it without a doubt. XY has been really light so far so a tame TF arc is to be expected

Janovy

Banned
It wont emulate it without a doubt. XY has been really light so far so a tame TF arc is to be expected
Good to know you have inside info on XY anime. Care to share more spoilers since you apparently know everything?

Lorde

I think I have an alternative hypothesis for the Greninja. Ash's Frogadier's ability's never actually been confirmed. This could be Greninja simply activating Protean; it's changed colours (black sides of head like Ash's hair, red stripe on head like Ash's hat) and shape (ever so slightly around the cheeks to be shaped like Ash's hair, with red zigzags for Ash's birthmarks on his cheeks) to adopt the traits of an individual whose strengths it wants to invoke (in this case - Ash's), just like how in the game it changes its appearance (by means of it's "type") when it invokes other types of moves. Everything else about it's design can be done by a normal Greninja. Frogadier already knows Cut, so the Water Swords are Greninja's version of that, and it could theoretically just form a Water Shuriken and somehow mount it on its back. On the Ash Greninja artwork beside (not in) the poster, it shows Greninja holding the Water Shuriken behind him, which shows it's not permanently affixed to or emitted by his back. So basically, this would be Ash's (eventual) Greninja activating Protean and becoming an "Ash-type", perhaps as its actions echo Ash's courage, etc.
...It'd be AWESOME if Ash were getting Mega Greninja, though. But this can serve as character develoment for Greninja whilst also leaving room for Ash to lose to Alain's Mega Charizard X initially before calling on Charizard Y to defeat it (since the calendar strongly implies Charizard Y will be appearing in December like it did with Talonflame, and then there's the Mega Charizard Y plushie). IF THE MEGA SCEPTILE ON THE POSTER IS ASH'S THOUGH, THEN XY JUST WON.

I think Ash!Greninja is just a new form akin to the Cosplay Pikachu. Like, it looks like he put on some cosmetics, so maybe he just raided Serena's make up bag.

Jangobadass

Surprise!
Since XY has been pretty good so far, I'm looking forward to this. It may've taken a long time, but I think it'll be worth the wait :D

Though yeah, I doubt the Ultimate Weapon will be used, or will be watered down. I certainly doubt we'll get the harsh backstory.

This is Pocket Monsters, not Fullmetal Alchemist. There are rules.

ShadowForce720

Since XY has been pretty good so far, I'm looking forward to this. It may've taken a long time, but I think it'll be worth the wait :D

Though yeah, I doubt the Ultimate Weapon will be used, or will be watered down. I certainly doubt we'll get the harsh backstory.

This is Pocket Monsters, not Fullmetal Alchemist. There are rules.

And yet we got a situation where a group of evil Malimar were building a secret weapon and then later it was revealed that they were planning to change the world so it only suits them, while killing everything else. So I do think there is a good possibility that the Ultimate Weapon will appear and that Team flare will have it.

nuzamaki90

This is ridiculous. Like really. We had an old woman die, another have a heart attack, the Pikachu director at his wife's funeral, TR dropping Bonnie, leaving her for dead, a group of Malamar trying to assimilate the world into their new home world, and don't even get me started on how ridiculously dangerous things have been in the Mega specials. We had a character named Corpse for crying out loud.

Coming from a series where deaths like Hunter J and her crew literally exploding in a whirlpool, villains like Giovanni, Archie, and Cyrus going completely insane, and filled with movies where death is like a regular occurrence, I don't think the "doomsday device" trope will suddenly become uncharted ground.

Janovy

Banned
This is ridiculous. Like really. We had an old woman die, another have a heart attack, the Pikachu director at his wife's funeral, TR dropping Bonnie, leaving her for dead, a group of Malamar trying to assimilate the world into their new home world, and don't even get me started on how ridiculously dangerous things have been in the Mega specials. We had a character named Corpse for crying out loud.

Coming from a series where deaths like Hunter J and her crew literally exploding in a whirlpool, villains like Giovanni, Archie, and Cyrus going completely insane, and filled with movies where death is like a regular occurrence, I don't think the "doomsday device" trope will suddenly become uncharted ground.
Pretty much.

And Cyrus tried to wipe out the humanity by recreating the universe.

Lorde

Though yeah, I doubt the Ultimate Weapon will be used, or will be watered down.

I think it'll have a different purpose for sure, though the genocide plan that Lysandre had in the games would be cool to see on the show. Alas.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
This is ridiculous. Like really. We had an old woman die.

She had passed away offscreen and not during the episode, which is a little light to mention in media.

another have a heart attack

She had a soap opera disease, not a heart attack.

The Pikachu director at his wife's funeral.

He was at her grave, which was not that scarring.

TR dropping Bonnie, leaving her for dead.

Clearly, she was just going to get hurt, not get dead.

a group of Malamar trying to assimilate the world into their new home world.

And yet they haven't really injured anybody really badly.

and don't even get me started on how ridiculously dangerous things have been in the Mega specials.

Pu-shaw. We see this all too often around Legendaries that nobody seriously gets hurt. Alain suffered massively...fainting.

We had a character named Corpse for crying out loud.

No, we did not.

Coming from a series where deaths like Hunter J and her crew literally exploding in a whirlpool.

The hunter and her crew just disappeared in a whirlpool and were never explicitly shown to have died.

villains like Giovanni, Archie, and Cyrus going completely insane

Pretty sure this is the lesser evil.

and filled with movies where death is like a regular occurrence,

Er, what now? The closest we got to deaths was Aaron's Lucario, but then again, pixie magic whisked him away.

I don't think the "doomsday device" trope will suddenly become uncharted ground.

Japan will forever be terrified of nukes since the Hiroshima incident, or at least the writers for the kids show are.

That doomsday device surely turned into a massive brainwashing device to control Mega Evolutions for sure, since anime!Lysandre is fixated so much into it and isn't doing what his Dr. Octopus game counterpart did by causing general havoc with his FABULOUS members.

And Cyrus tried to wipe out the humanity by recreating the universe.

They only got away with it by having him just create a new universe and never mention the part about wiping off humanity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.