• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The upcoming Team Flare arc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janovy

Banned
That doomsday device surely turned into a massive brainwashing device to control Mega Evolutions for sure, since anime!Lysandre is fixated so much into it and isn't doing what his Dr. Octopus game counterpart did by causing general havoc with his FABULOUS members.
First of all, stop trying to be funny, you're not.

Second, brainwashing is TOTALLY safe for children. Who doesn't want to see their pets turn against them?

Third, stop acting as if your opinion is a fact. It is not.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I hope team flare does show up.

It's already confirmed that they will. :/

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I really hope they don't do another mind controlling plot again. It really messed up Team Plasma imo and the plot is so overused.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
The Truth

Preach!

I can't @ these essays trying to make Pokemon sound like a shonen or semi-mature anime.

I accept Pokémon as it is; a childish anime for 5 yo kids with little plot and development but still a pretty entertaining one when my favorite Pokémon are showcased.

Lorde

I think the weapon will be used to awaken Yveltal and Xerneas using Zygarde's power.

I think Lysande will've already attained them by that point though, assuming he even wants them in the anime. :[

Janovy

Banned
Indeed, Serena cutting her hair and getting character development was truly written for a 5 year old child. :rolleyes:

Lorde

Why wouldn't he? They would be a good source of power since they control life and death. ^^

I think the poster heavily implies that Zygarde and its new forms will have bigger roles than Xerneas/Yveltal is all I meant.

Janovy

Banned
It was though. Nothing too complex.

What's the problem with Pokémon being a show for little kids?
The problem is that the writing is obviously not solely for little kids.

And nowadays, children shows are way more compelling and mature in their writing than old children shows. Just because it's for children, doesn't make it okay to create dumb plots.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Avatar: The Last Airbender was very mature for its target demographic. I can't see why Pokemon can't do the same.

Lorde

Avatar: The Last Airbender was very mature for its target demographic. I can't see why Pokemon can't do the same.

Avatar wasn't even an anime to begin with, so apples and oranges. :/

U.N. Owen

Avatar wasn't even an anime to begin with, so apples and oranges. :/

Still, the point that children's programing can be deep and complex still stands.

Red and Blue

Pokemon complex and mature? Oh please. Nothing about XY makes it stand out above any of the previous seasons. Its still obviously for small children XD

U.N. Owen

Pokemon complex and mature? Oh please. Nothing about XY makes it stand out above any of the previous seasons. Its still obviously for small children XD

I know right. The games (Black/White, Mystery Dungeon to name some) have deep and (more or less) mature stories. The anime is a 180.

Janovy

Banned
Arguments have already been given. If you wish to ignore them, be my guest. But you're wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.