• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The upcoming Team Flare arc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Lol I thought Ash vs Giovanni in best wishes was good enough but he should fight Lysander too just to end things himself.

Though honestly Alain should have first dibs since Lysandre's been lying to him for a while and he deserves pay back.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
For those that think the XY&Z arc will last for 14 episodes or so like Episode N, perhaps they would need to think again. Episode N was an ''episode'', a grand arc whose episodes were all connected plot-wise in a huge plot chain. The title of the XY&Z anime suggests it will stay for far longer than that, so there's that.

I mean to say, Team Flare's arc may end in 14 or so episodes like Episode N, but the series itself (XY&Z) will continue on.

That person was asking about the Team Flare arc specifically, so yeah 14-15 episodes is what most of us expect.

But as a whole XY&Z may last for the whole 2016 year or even until mid-2017 since it's more of a season than a multi-episode arc.

04n70n10

Super4 in the anime are always 54 steps forward you, and they can predict all your moves... and the champion is even more than that.

So team Flare having Malva... are more a treat than the usual Teams.

All the action in the trailer seems near the Terminus Cave, so it's really after Anistar, and Ash already have a Greninja... I guess an evolution in the Gym.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Her biggest character trait in the games is her alliance to TF

Yeah...but it was bought up AFTER TF had been defeated and had no effect on the story.

So seeing confirmation that she'll play a (much) more active role here makes me very happy :D

Heck, seeing an EVIL (or at least antagonistic) Elite 4 member sounds like a treat unto itself :D

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
But we've always assumed this given the games anyway, so it doesn't surprise me much, nor am I as excited as before honestly.

At least this is confirmation. I'm still happy that she's appearing unlike with Team flare in the games where she isn't shown with them. ^^

Infernape55

Some Sketchy Guy
I see a lot of people are concerned about Team Flare getting the Team Plasma treatment, but I'd like to try to alleviate some of that. Black and White, as games, tried to deconstruct a lot of existing ideas in the Pokemon World. That's why, game-wise, I consider them to have the best story. Team Plasma, going along with that, dabbled with ideas that were much deeper than what we had been used to. They were a terrorist group used by Ghetsis to con Unova into releasing Pokemon under the guise of the Pokemon being safer/happier. They also played-up a great deal of Christian-ish symbolism, what with the knight motif, the chi-ro symbol, the Seven Sages. All in all, even before the whole TR vs. TP thing got cancelled, I had a bad feeling we would never see Team Plasma at their full potential in the anime. Team Plasma was just way too deep and "meta" to translate well to this show. Even N himself could only vaguely touch upon his in-game ideas, and even then the Pokemon abuse angle was downplayed. So, at the end of the day, we had the kookie pirate brigade trying to mind-control Reshiram with a device that looked like a children's toy.

Team Flare, however, just like Team Rocket and, to a certain extent Team Galactic (the team provided good action while Cyrus got to have his crazy rants), are technology-heavy villain team that conform to a somewhat more generic type of villainy (world domination, Legendary capturing/experimentation) The show seems to LOVE these types of villains. (Where as, Teams Magma, Aqua, and Plasma were all ideology-based teams, and look how they wound up in this show) If we need a sign, look no further than the fact the website has all five Team Flare scientists listed as major characters, and the clips we've gotten clearly have the Grunts present. Team Flare will get to be here in all of their campy, sci-fi, fashionable glory, with Lysandre and Alain adding some extra depth.

TL;DR -> Team Flare will be fine, they're the type of villains that the show has fun with and can actually expand upon.

Last edited:

Master Quest

Let's do it
Super4 in the anime are always 54 steps forward you, and they can predict all your moves... and the champion is even more than that.

All the action in the trailer seems near the Terminus Cave, so it's really after Anistar, and Ash already have a Greninja... I guess an evolution in the Gym.

I agree elite four are shown to super strong in the anime and they are almost at the summit of development from where they is not much room for further development and the champion is even more talented so Malva's involvement will be a huge deal.i see two things happening here.

1st she is not completely evil and will only play some little part of lysander's plan.

2nd she is pure evil and in that case still i don't think she will play a very big part in lysander's plan either because they will save her for even greater evil plot later maybe in the next gen or something.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Thank you, Infernape55. That's a really good point :clap:

Heck, even before the Banned 2-Parter and the Sequel Games forced the producers to completely change whatever their plans were for TP, I had a feeling they weren't at all comfortable with the "liberation" angle.
After about 15 years of making people and Pokémon all buddy-buddy or practically family, it was hard to imagine they'd have people want to let them go because they were told to. You think they could've at least had the people of Isshu not be so close with their Pokémon, but nope, they were just as chummy with them as they were everywhere else.

So yeah, I don't think there's much of chance of producers messing up TF's story. If anything there's a chance they could improve upon it.

Lorde

At least this is confirmation. I'm still happy that she's appearing unlike with Team flare in the games where she isn't shown with them. ^^

I guess that's something. I just wish we would've gotten more images of the TF grunts as well as Xerosic and his crew instead of just more Malva hype in the newest scans. :x

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I guess that's something. I just wish we would've gotten more images of the TF grunts as well as Xerosic and his crew instead of just more Malva hype in the newest scans. :x

Its still really early so we might get more info on the other Flare guys later in the next scans. ^^

Lorde

Its still really early so we might get more info on the other Flare guys later in the next scans. ^^

Of course. I guess it was premature to even expect that much new Team Flare info, especially since XY&Z was barely announced a week ago.

nameman

Don't underestimate Alain. People forget too quickly that he almost beat Siebold. Alain is a stronger trainer than many give him credit for. This won't be the slaughter people expect it to be unless he fights Malva after most or all the other Megas are down. But Alain's quite capable of holding his own against E4 members.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Don't underestimate Alain. People forget too quickly that he almost beat Siebold. Alain is a stronger trainer than many give him credit for. This won't be the slaughter people expect it to be unless he fights Malva after most or all the other Megas are down. But Alain's quite capable of holding his own against E4 members.

You do know the Elite Four employ more than one Pokemon, don't you?

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
No he didn't. Seibold was holding his own even before he Mega Evolved Blastoise

Status
Not open for further replies.