1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The UU League

Discussion in 'Pokémon Leagues' started by Darkhonchcrow, Jan 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomstarRule

TomstarRule Rainbow Ruler. Funny

Surely you must know what Yanmega is? ;469;

[​IMG]

2. Darkhonchcrow

Darkhonchcrow Well-Known Member

Sorry to see you leave for hospital mate. You can post here when you're back and I'll put you as challenger, or you can take back your Gym Leader post if it is still empty when you return.

Yeah, I'll add you to the front page.

Yanmega evolves from Yanma when it learns AncientPower. The worst choice of pokemon Smogon choose to move down.

Yanmega is too powerful for UU because most of its counters are in OU. If Abomasnow comes back into UU, I will revise Yanmega's postion in the UU League but until then he's banned.

3. Fire master of the east

Fire master of the east Silver For the Win

lol oh right...
    why not?
    i mean come on
    yeah it has speed, but pure brutal force could kill it
    heck even a single rock throw from a weak pokemon could kill it. lol
    jk but still
    i thought that beast was OU any who....
    sorry forgot...
    my mind is going crazy on me. lol

4. the_showstopper

the_showstopper lover of Glaceons

I don't see why Yanmega should be banned. it's perfectly counterable, and coupled with the fact that it takes 50% from rocks on every switch in, 2 switch in a a CB Caterpie tackle and it's dead.

Countering it is'nt hard. SleepTalk Milotic uses it for doormat. Insomnia Banette could work (if it resists bug... I dunno :p). A Steel type walls both it's STAB moves, and they only have to worry about HP ground. Regice walls it flat, and can retaliate with a STAB Ice beam, maybe even Restalk Regice.

Well, in UU the counters to the Tinted lens set are few, but it's counterable. Yanmega's banning is debatable.

5. Connor™

Connor™ Showstopper

Showstopper, next to all Yanmegas run HP Ground, therefore no steel can comfortably counter him.
    Chances are, Banette will be outrun, then it has to overcome the 30% chance of flinch air slash has, then it has to survive the hit. Banette also cant switch into yanmega.
    While Regice walls it flat, not many people can get ahold of good iv'ed and well natured legends, therefore Regices availibility in the league, rather than its outirght counterability to Yanmega, is what halts it.
    Rest Talk Milotic seems to be the only pokemon which is widely available and can outright counter it. However that would lead to the league being overcentralised, with every gym leader having water as a type, so they can use milotic to counter Yanmega.
    Bar rest talk milotic, the other pokemon are either too fragile, or susceptible to hypnosis, which will ruin their chances to take yanmega down =/

Also, any gym leaders on later, watch out (d)
    Immah coming for ya D:<

6. the_showstopper

the_showstopper lover of Glaceons

Lead yanmegas run protect and hypnosis combo, dont they? It's the tinted lens variants that are causing trouble. Moltres quadresists bug buzz and... well... that's all I can think of :p But if you say Hypnosis ruins the chances of a counter taking it down, does that mean everything that gets a sleep move to be banned?

But if Yanmega is banned, should'nt Venemoth be banned too? They both get the tinted lens thingey and well... what can switch into it? It even gets Energy Ball for Milotic.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  7. Firehawk10590

Firehawk10590 Never lost a randbat

Venomoth has base 90 SpA, which is good but not especially good.
    Yanmega's SpA, on the other hand, is 116, which is very good.

Lanturn could probably switch in safely, and even Steelix if it's not running HP Ground/Fire. Muk could switch in to Veno and KO with Fire Punch.

Note something else:
    Venomoth's stats: 70/65/60/90/75/90
    Yanmega's stats: 86/76/86/116/56/95

Now, 116 SpA may not seem like a lot, with all the base 130s running around, but Yanmega almost always runs Modest and Speed Boost, and if it does not do so, it is generally Specs. So, Yanmega, in one turn, has 364 SpA, 433 Spe, and one of the opponent's pokes crippled.

In the Protect and Hypnosis combo, Yanmega is unique due to its ability, Speed Boost. Because of this, the poke is capable of outrunning its "counters" and making them nap, giving it a better chance at sweeping.

On the other side of the whole thing, I think we should put Smeargle back in UU, as we take Yan out of UU.

This new Smogon decision has gone too far, even for me.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  8. Darkhonchcrow

OK. As I said a few days ago, Yanmega will be banned for now. If Abomasnow comes back into UU, then I will re-think my decision about 'Mega.

About Smeargle...I will allow Smeargle in the UU League for now because it is only a good Baton Passer. I will review Smeargle at the same time I will review Yanmega.

Please get some more battles done.

Thank you

Dark

9. Firehawk10590

Firehawk10590 Never lost a randbat

Now, about the Limbos...
    Due to Smogon's previous decisions, I believe that we should make our own decisions about the Limbo pokes.

10. frazzle92

frazzle92 No Matter What!

I find it difficult to get my UU league battles done as many of the gym leaders are very inactive.

11. Andrew1239

Andrew1239 OSHAWOTT FTW!!!

I am battling Frazzle now to see if he can get my badge

12. frazzle92

frazzle92 No Matter What!

I defeated Andrew1239 5-0 in a good battle.
    GG.

13. Andrew1239

Andrew1239 OSHAWOTT FTW!!!

yeah frazzle defeated me great battle and earned the badge, other gym leaders be careful

14. Sharktamer

Sharktamer UU fanatic

Woah, I didn't even know smeargle was in OU. These tier changes are confusing.

15. Darkhonchcrow

I'll put your win on the front page.

16. Pachi

Pachi Member

oh, my, goodness. can i still join?
    Well, if I can then here you go.

Name:pachi
    IGN:Chris
    FC:2750-7083-8438

17. Darkhonchcrow

Ok, I'll add you to the front page.

Anyway...

Any Gym Leader who hasn't posted recently WILL be taken off the list due to inactivity. This also goes for challengers. To remain active, all you have to do is voice your opinion in the recent UU/NU shuffle.

Names will be taken off tomorrow.

Thanks
    Dark

18. Netosenpai

Netosenpai Ahí madre!

I don't see yanmega that quite of a threat but as darkhonchcrow decides Ill stick with it, most yanmega's I see carry hypnosis, with platinum as 60% accuracy it will get less use, along with a half life lost switching in to stealth rock makes it more difficult to use.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  19. TomstarRule

TomstarRule Rainbow Ruler. Funny

I think I have already given my opinion on the tiers, but never hurts to say again.

The big muddle really shouldn't affect anyone. All it is, is a separation between the old UU that sorts the more used from the less used pokemon.

As for Yanmega, let it battle. This is the UU league, and Yanmega is UU. I agree on Shaymin being banned, but to start banning pokemon because they're good is a bit, well stupid really. Its like saying Steelix should be banned because it has high defence and completely walls Luxrays unless they carry HP Ice, which none do because they have Ice Fang.

Basically I say, ignore the creation of the NU tier, ban Smeargle because it's in OU and let Yanmega battle (I don't know what Im saying as Yanmega is most likely to sweep my team because of typing).

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  20. Fire master of the east

Fire master of the east Silver For the Win

i think with the change in the UU list its going to effect a lot more and well newer strategies and things could get ugly or better....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.