• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Video Game Awards 2022 (Let's Be Disappointed Together)

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Here, we can talk about the game awards, including the individual awards and the show itself.

Though I'm not a mod here, let's keep things civil at least.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Elden Ring deserved it.

Also that whole thing with the Bill Clinton kid was embarrassing, how the f~ did that even happen?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Tbh still surprised Sonic Frontiers even got nominated for players choice, and kinda bummed it didn't win but oh well, still more than I expected. Also Orthodox Rabbi Bill Clinton is GotY

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Kirby and the Forgotten Land takes it for Best Family Game. Between this, the 30th anniversary, Dream Buffet and the Return to Dreamland remake announcement 2022 is very much feeling like a de facto Year of the Kirby.

The Mega Champion

Surprisingly enjoyable show overall for once. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I'm super hyped for FF16 and hopefully they'll put out a demo between now and release

As far as that thing at the end... they're lucky honestly that nothing more dangerous happened. Hopefully they can increase their security from now on.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I know one person who is really upset Stray didn't win game of the year.

Something about Elden Ring, Horizon and God of War all being to similar to the previous games. Not innovating, i think he said.

but Stray is a game you can beat in 5 hours from what i read.

Of course I didn't understand the appeal of Journey either

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Live a Live is sadly an outdated RPG. One of the paths is barely an RPG, too.
It's really complex too. I've seen videos about it. One of the worst aspects is the insane ammount of backtracking. and that cryptic moment where you have to do the bathroom sequences in correct order during the mecha chapter.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
You know, despite my title (created before the show started), this has been a pretty good Game Awards.

Most of it didn't appeal to me, but I appreciate what they shown for the most part.
It didn't feel like all samey like at Gamescom.