• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Villains

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikyearedpichu

Dawn of the XY Era
Hey guys! We just saw the conclusion of the N Episode Saga...and I have to ask "Did you guys like how the anime have been treating the evil organizations?" (Team Rocket, Team Magma, Team Aqua, Team Galactic, Team Plasma and even Hunter J) if is not how or what could you change? Could it be better if they (writers) follow the game story?

* In my opinion Team Rocket should have received more attention in Kanto & Johto with a proper Arc's (Like the radio station), Team Magma and Aqua were Ok!, Team Galactic should have appear in valley windwork just like the games and finally Team Plasma appear in BW season 1 with the story line of the first game (I know about the earthquake...but they could have remade the episodes and follow the story line)

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
I think it's fair to say that if you're an evil team that doesn't have "Rocket" in it, you'll be screwed out of screentime except for maybe 10 or so episodes.

If you're an evil team that DOES have "Rocket" in it, you'll get too much screentime.

EDIT: And the only three members who ever appear will get dumbed down and given so many sympathy points that even King Dedede would be as evil as the devil by comparison. And when they finally DO get more villain points, they'll slip back into their old barely-qualify-as-bad-people selves.

Last edited:

Nightstar1994

I think it's fair to say that if you're an evil team that doesn't have "Rocket" in it, you'll be screwed out of screentime except for maybe 10 or so episodes.

If you're an evil team that DOES have "Rocket" in it, you'll get too much screentime.

Too bad it only applies to the Trio. Other interesting TR members (Hun and Attila, Prof. Sebastian) don't get so much love. Their newest recruit got written out of the show pretty fast. And Professor Namba got turned into a comic relief character.

diakyu

The only decent ones are Plasma and Galactic.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I barely remember Team Magma and Aqua in the anime, so that should tell us something about them.

I wish the anime would take their villains more seriously like how the games do it. I know it's a kids' show, but you can still have really evil villains who we know do evil things, and we've seen them do evil things, and it'd still be a show for kids. I don't know why it is the Pokémon anime appears to just downplay them. While I haven't been watching the anime since it moved to cable, I have seen bits and pieces of Cyrus, and he seems to take after his game counterpart fairly enough. Ghetsis I think still acts the same, but I haven't seen him in action like I did with Cyrus, so I can't say for sure. Giovanni seems to be really the only other evil person in the show, and he's proved to be a threat. He's probably more compelling in the anime than he was in the games, and I wish the anime would do that more with their villains. They go out of their way to make the villains in the movies evil, so why not the series itself?

So... from what I do remember from way back in the day, Team Rocket as a whole is as close to their game counterpart as can be, maybe even Galactic and Plasma. The fact I can't remember Team Aqua and Magma being in the anime should be a testament in itself that unless they've been following Ash and friends around every episode, they're just left to be background characters who managed to push themselves into the spotlight for a few lines. It's pretty disappointing.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Yup, liked Galatic and Hunter J in DP and liked BW TR and TP, Magma/Aqua I wasn't that into the story at the time, I watch it when I basicly knew what would happen instead of following it but it felt weak anyway.

Nightstar1994

Hunter J was the best villain though. She actually tried to kill Ash several times. Giovanni should have tried doing that in the Therian formes episodes.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Hunter J was the best villain though. She actually tried to kill Ash several times. Giovanni should have tried doing that in the Therian formes episodes.

He told Melloeta that if she didn't come with him he would smash Satoshi and Pikachu in that cube thing I believe and Ghetsis just ordered Reshiram to burn them kids this week.

Nightstar1994

He told Melloeta that if she didn't come with him he would smash Satoshi and Pikachu in that cube thing I believe and Ghetsis just ordered Reshiram to burn them kids this week.

Too bad that both of them actually only talked about it, while Hunter J actually tried to kill him. Hey, atleast always something. I know the actual killing motive is of course not common in the Pokemon world, but villains need to be threatening.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Team Magma/Aqua were the worst handled, unless you count what Team Rocket was in Kanto/Johto where we didn't even see Giovanni most of the time and no Silph Company or RBY/GSC plots at all.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
No, if Team Rocket had left after Johto, than the other villians would have gotten better treatment and more screentime. If Team Rocket wasn't in BW we could have gotten the way better N and Team Plasma plot from the BW1 games instead of the BW2/kinda generic Team Plasma.

fitzy909

Just another guy
i think it would work better to give the villains of each region the spotlight, rather than them and team rocket. i also wanted some of them to be more... evil. they never seem to be that threatening. i know it's a kids show, but if they were a bit more evil then it would be more interesting. i'm not sure if i want the same story as the games, but definitely similar.

I don't like it how in each saga 95% of the villainous plots focus on TR and the other villainous teams get maybe 5% of the villain plots. I wish they could balance it out.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Too bad that both of them actually only talked about it, while Hunter J actually tried to kill him.

Giovanni actually began crushing Ash in the laser box and only stopped once Meloetta gave in.

Hikatoshi26

Giovanni and Cyrus had every intention to destroy Ash and Pikachu however, they used them as bargaining chips just in case the lake trio or meloatta didnt cooperate. Hunter J was the best villian by far not only did Ash vow to destroy her and I mean destroy her he called No mercy or her multiple times. J actually stirred Ash's rage something no other villian has done. J also wanted Ash dead when she was hunting that Riolu she burned the forest down to flush them out dropped a tree on him and had salamance cast flamethrower on top of him. She was ruthless which is why she is the first human death in the anime.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I like the villains. I was glad the arc ended with Ghetsis and Colress being arrested

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Do you think Giovanni might be against killing? I mean wouldn't it have been smart of him to kill Ash and Pikachu once he caught Meloetta. Why did he keep them alive?

No, once he had Meloetta in the temple he threatened them once again to intimidate Meloetta into not resisting.

Of course, you could also believe there are other reasons, but he did actually still need them held.

No, once he had Meloetta in the temple he threatened them once again to intimidate Meloetta into not resisting.

Of course, you could also believe there are other reasons, but he did actually still need them held.

That makes sense. You would think though that perhaps having Zager kill crush Ash and Pikachu once the temple was activated might have been the right move. You do have to wonder that perhaps Giovanni is not the murdering type. In the anime, anyway.

BlueDragonfangirl

The only villain I thought they did well with was Hunter J, Pokemon seems confused what to do with these type of guys in a kids show.

Status
Not open for further replies.