• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Villains?

Jangobadass

Surprise!
Given the setting, I'm thinking ninjas, samurai, or bandits. Maybe even people with scary Pokemon based on how this kind of setting sometimes has demons running around.

Or let's say there ISN'T a team this time, but a small group or even one powerful foe...

Thoughts?

Red and Blue

I could see Bandits in this setting. Just a group of thugs with a leader like Team Skull

Aetius

I don't think there will be an organization that will get in our way
The only village in ancient Sinnoh seems to be populated by respectable people, especially considering the reason why they established a settlement on its grounds in the first place
Of course, that doesn't mean that there won't be "bad" people among them
After all, the opportunity to explore a new region without a central government means that anyone could get away with anything as long as they're not caught red-handed
Basically, we may have random groups of people around the world map committing various crimes
Poachers, ambitious business men, greedy merchants and the list goes on
Besides, let us not forget that the region would otherwise feel empty without NPCs
So yeah, we can expect something to happen in the overworld

Ultra Beast Lover

Here's an idea I had for the villains:

They come around shortly after the player begins their journey. At first they appear to just be some nice people who, like you, are simply exploring this new region. However, as time goes on and the people start building settlements, this group starts attacking the villagers and catching Pokemon in large quantities in an attempt at taking over the region. The attacks lead to a war which prompts the player to climb Mt. Coronet and awaken Arceus who then stops the fighting.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I mean, we're literally kidnapping happy peaceful unprovoked pokemon, so... us? lol

Besides that, I hadn't put any thought into what the villain could be. I thought we'd just be catching pokemon all day. lol Maybe Arceus cultists?

Or Giratina cultists! :eek:

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I think that an antagonist that doesn’t show any respect to nature and Pokémon would be interesting to have as a villain. Basically this villain will occasionally hit Pokémon out of anger for no real reason at all and keeps destroying habitats and homes of said Pokémon. This would correlate with the one myth found in the Canalave City Library about the swordsman only he doesn’t actually kill any Pokémon but rather hurts them physically and the Pokémon that makes him literally see the light is Arceus using Judgment on him. The villain reforms and sets off to build that cathedral in Hearthome City which explains why it is a church like building despite being used as a building to honor foreign cultures. It was originally a cathedral in honor for Arceus and to pay your respects to it but the purpose of the building changed over the centuries as Hearthome City grew in size and culture to the point that everyone had forgotten what the building was originally used for.

ckd89

we'll probably see a group of scientists committing insane inappropriate acts on pokemon inhumane experiments IM pretty sure pokemon fall under animal cruelty protections act so in other words like you can't kill dogs or eat them you can't eat or kill pokemon god forbid we get an m rated pokemon title hoping we don't lol

ckd89

Cylenne yeah she could be the main villainess I think in that respect, Cyrus does have familial blood that also was a villain or villainess I envy the bad guys and bad girls of Pokémon and my fave 3 good girls are misty may and dawn fave 3 guys brock ash max

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
what if

what if Arceus was the villain

Ultra Beast Lover

Having Cyllene as the villain would be too obvious. Besides, she's the one giving us the rankings and she appears to be mission control. Mission control is rarely the villain in games. I don't think it'll be any of the Galaxy members we currently know as Laventon is the Professor and I don't think Pokemon would ever make the main Professor be a villain, the player's counterpart won't be the villain, and we haven't seen enough of Komado to make any assumptions.

Judging by the light that comes from Mount Coronet and assuming it's the cause of the Pokemon's rampage it's more likely that Arceus is the main antagonist

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I think the main villain will just be a misunderstanding.

Arceus for some reason or another feels threatened or is acting out of character for a specific reason, thus sending or causing the power anomolies that are afflicting/creating King Battle Bosses and Berserk Pokemon. Most likely caused by the Galaxy Team's and foreign settler's encroachment on Hisui or something else along these lines.

In return you have Prof. Laventon and the Galaxy Team, regarding Pokemon as terrifying creatures to do the encountering of Beserk Pokemon and possibly just thinking this is natural Pokemon behavior in the land of Hisui and start disconnecting and misunderstanding the cause.

There will be a final battle in some form, an understanding and everyone will laugh it off and all grow as characters.

Jangobadass

Surprise!
I think the main villain will just be a misunderstanding.

Arceus for some reason or another feels threatened or is acting out of character for a specific reason, thus sending or causing the power anomolies that are afflicting/creating King Battle Bosses and Berserk Pokemon. Most likely caused by the Galaxy Team's and foreign settler's encroachment on Hisui or something else along these lines.

In return you have Prof. Laventon and the Galaxy Team, regarding Pokemon as terrifying creatures to do the encountering of Beserk Pokemon and possibly just thinking this is natural Pokemon behavior in the land of Hisui and start disconnecting and misunderstanding the cause.

There will be a final battle in some form, an understanding and everyone will laugh it off and all grow as characters.

Coming soon:
Hayao Miyazaki's Pokemon

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Cylenne obviously since she's Meiji era Cyrus
She also has a completely different personality. And Cyrus was the way he was because of his upbringing, so unless she had a similar childhood, it doesn't really make sense.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
What I'm hoping for is that the villain is Cynthia's ancestor, even though we haven't seen such a character yet.

I'm also down for Arceus itself being the villain. Conquest was close but not quite.