• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Walking Dead: Because I haven't seen a Walking Dead thread yet!

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
So I was on the fence about making a thread about The Walking Dead but after seeing a thread about Game Of Thrones I decided to make a thread about another popular television series. Feel free to discuss topics about the show ranging from your favorite episodes, season(s), and characters from the show (and comics). Not to mention season 5 speculation.

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place I have never made a thread before.

Who is this Gareth character?

What is Terminus?

Is Terminus full of cannibals?

What happened to Beth?

How come Maggie hasn't expressed concern for Beth?

Is Daryl the sexiest redneck this side of the Mississippi?

Etc...

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I liked Season 4, but the finale was mediocre in my opinion. Joe's group was really hyped but they barely amounted to anything. I also disliked Daryl's vagueness regarding Beth's fate and the fact that Maggie hasn't asked about her. I liked how creepy the Terminus people are though, especially Gareth.

Janovy

Banned
I liked the S4 finale but I expected deaths so it was kinda anticlimtic.

Nevertless the encounter between Rick's and Joe's group was really awesome, especially the conflict that ensued. It actually got me caring about Rick as the main character again. He had gotten really boring but this final S4 episode reminded me why I like him.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
I liked Season 4, but the finale was mediocre in my opinion. Joe's group was really hyped but they barely amounted to anything. I also disliked Daryl's vagueness regarding Beth's fate and the fact that Maggie hasn't asked about her. I liked how creepy the Terminus people are though, especially Gareth.

I somewhat agree with you, the episode itself had it's strengths and weaknesses. I liked the foreshadowing about Terminus when Rick was explaining to Carl how a rabbit trap works.

Well it seems to me at least that Joe's group had elements of both the hunters and the mauraders from the comics seeing how like the hunters they were tracking and stalking Rick but the mauraders tried to sexually assault Carl in the presence of Rick. That whole scene with Joe's group was a page taken out of the comics and both of these groups didn't really last that long to begin with.

I think everyone agrees that Maggie forgot she has a sister.

About Gareth, it seems that in the show they like to take two characters or groups and mash them up together to create a new character or group as evident by Joe's group. I personally think like most people that Gareth is most likely based on Chris, the leader of the hunters. However I feel that he may be a mixture of both Chris and Negan. I also think Terminus might be based on the sanctuary and they even look incredibly similar, heck even the people there look like they are in a cult of some kind as evident by the room with all the candles and such. So in short the Terminus folk could be a mash up of both the hunters and the saviors and Gareth could be a mash up of both Chris and Negan. So the way Terminus is run could be in a cult like fashion with Gareth being the supreme leader of a cult full of cannibals.

Last edited:

Lorde

I really hope that Carol and Tyresse had a change of plan and decided not to go to Terminus. I don't want them to fall into the same trap, especially since they're so vulnerable with Judith and they don't have much man power on their own.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
The season four finale was a letdown, it started off very strong, I liked the whole issue of Rick killing Joe the same way walkers normally do, but the episode took a big dip after that. I really don't like Carl, so I don't understand where the idea came from that he thinks he's a monster, when he just watched his father rip a guys throat out with his teeth. I also don't like the fact that they made almost no mention of Beth outside of Daryll saying she was gone.

The highlight of this season was easily the episode with the two little girls, that whole episode gave me chills. The two little girls always freaked me out, and now my suspicions were correct.

Lorde

The highlight of this season was easily the episode with the two little girls, that whole episode gave me chills. The two little girls always freaked me out, and now my suspicions were correct.

The Grove was my second favorite episode of the season; poor Mika, I also felt so sorry for Carol because she's got such bad luck with kids. Too Far Gone was the highlight of the season for me though. I loved how the Governor subplot ended.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
The Grove was my second favorite episode of the season; poor Mika, I also felt so sorry for Carol because she's got such bad luck with kids.Too Far Gone was the highlight of the season for me though. I loved how the Governor subplot ended.

I think the reason a lot of people were disappointed with "A" was because of the flashbacks, but I personally enjoyed how they tied into the "reawakening" of Rick if you will.

"The Grove" was such a good albeit dark episode, it helped develop Carol and Tyrese's characters if only slightly. Character development is stil character development nonetheless. I personally hope that both Carol and Tyrese run into someone who tells them that Terminus is a trap.

I love how people assume the worst for Beth when she could be with someone good. The car that took her did have a cross on it but we will have to wait and see, I do have a few theories about what happened to her.

Last edited:
A was amazing! You could really feel what the tone of Season 5 will be. Survival. Rick will do whatever it takes to keep Carl safe and Gareth should be scared. Beth is likely in the safest situation of them all and I think Carol and Tyreese were close enough to Terminus to hear all that gunfire. A major hint that this group is cannibals besides the other obvious hints is that there is no children there. Every major place with survivors in the show(Prison,Woodbury) and in the comic (Prison,Woodbury,A Safe-Zone, Hilltop, Kingdom and Sanctuary) have children. If The Governor and Negan accept children why wouldn't Terminus? Youth are vital to any rebirth of civilization and maintaining any safe place they call home

Lucille

I somewhat agree with you, the episode itself had it's strengths and weaknesses. I liked the foreshadowing about Terminus when Rick was explaining to Carl how a rabbit trap works.

Well it seems to me at least that Joe's group had elements of both the hunters and the mauraders from the comics seeing how like the hunters they were tracking and stalking Rick but the mauraders tried to sexually assault Carl in the presence of Rick. That whole scene with Joe's group was a page taken out of the comics and both of these groups didn't really last that long to begin with.

I think everyone agrees that Maggie forgot she has a sister.

About Gareth, it seems that in the show they like to take two characters or groups and mash them up together to create a new character or group as evident by Joe's group. I personally think like most people that Gareth is most likely based on Chris, the leader of the hunters. However I feel that he may be a mixture of both Chris and Negan. I also think Terminus might be based on the sanctuary and they even look incredibly similar, heck even the people there look like they are in a cult of some kind as evident by the room with all the candles and such. So in short the Terminus folk could be a mash up of both the hunters and the saviors and Gareth could be a mash up of both Chris and Negan. So the way Terminus is run could be in a cult like fashion with Gareth being the supreme leader of a cult full of cannibals.

Okay first Maggie thought Glenn was dead, her husband. She's already lost her other siblings and mother and Hershel, it's easy to assume that she could accept Beth's death a lot easier because she was too worried about Glenn. Second it's way too early for Negan. Gimple said Negan will be in the show at some point but they'll likely do the character justice instead of making him "weak" like Gareth. Negan strikes too much fear into the heart and Gareth doesn't seem like that at all. Plus I never heard one f bomb lol Negan will deff use that at least a bit

Lorde

Okay first Maggie thought Glenn was dead, her husband. She's already lost her other siblings and mother and Hershel, it's easy to assume that she could accept Beth's death a lot easier because she was too worried about Glenn.

The fact that she was more concerned about Glenn is the problem though. Maggie should've at least asked about Beth when she met up with Glenn again.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Okay first Maggie thought Glenn was dead, her husband. She's already lost her other siblings and mother and Hershel, it's easy to assume that she could accept Beth's death a lot easier because she was too worried about Glenn. Second it's way too early for Negan. Gimple said Negan will be in the show at some point but they'll likely do the character justice instead of making him "weak" like Gareth. Negan strikes too much fear into the heart and Gareth doesn't seem like that at all. Plus I never heard one f bomb lol Negan will deff use that at least a bit

I know but they said Gareth was gonna be a mashup of two Characters from the comics, I'm not stating anything I said as fact it's just fun speculation.

I think the way I said it made it sound like I said Gareth will be based entirely on Negan but what I meant was that he will probably be base most likely on Chris but have elements of Negan as to foreshadow to when Negan will actually make an appearance, if that makes sense.

Plus take a look at The sanctuary from the comics and then take a look at Terminus, they look somewhat similar.

What gives you the impression that Gareth is weak? He has been in one episode.

When Negan does make an appearance in the show I'm sure they will use other words to get around the FCC and such.

Last edited:

Lucille

I know but they said Gareth was gonna be a mashup of two Characters from the comics, I'm not stating anything I said as fact it's just fun speculation.

I think the way I said it made it sound like I said Gareth will be based entirely on Negan but what I meant was that he will probably be base most likely on Chris but have elements of Negan as to foreshadow to when Negan will actually make an appearance, if that makes sense.

Plus take a look at The sanctuary from the comics and then take a look at Terminus, they look somewhat similar.

What gives you the impression that Gareth is weak? He has been in one episode.

When Negan does make an appearance in the show I'm sure they will use other words to get around the FCC and such.

You think Terminus and the Sanctuary look similar? Terminus is more of a train station and the Sanctuary is a giant factory surrounded by a fence of walkers, personally with all the picnic tables, ect, terminus looks more like the Hunters house. I should correct myself, I don't think he's weak per say but he doesn't seem strong like Rick or the Governor. Something that I really want answered is writing on the wall "Never Again, Never Trust. We First, Always" It seems like they trusted a group that betrayed them and that they no longer trust other people besides other fellow Termites. If they were betrayed though why would they post signs everywhere announcing its existence to the world? When Negan does come into the show he'll likely still swear since they changed the rating of TWD to Mature just not as much as does in the comic cause it would be too distracting

Lucille

The fact that she was more concerned about Glenn is the problem though. Maggie should've at least asked about Beth when she met up with Glenn again.

How is that a problem? Sorry but if my sister and my wife(husband) were both missing, I'd be A LOT more concerned about my wife(husband). Poor Maggie has a lot of stuff on her mind too (dead father,lost prison,husband missing, surviving, reuniting with husband, arriving at terminus and being locked in a train car) If we saw her a little more in A I'm sure she would of asked about Beth though or Daryl would fill in her

Lorde

How is that a problem? Sorry but if my sister and my wife(husband) were both missing, I'd be A LOT more concerned about my wife(husband). Poor Maggie has a lot of stuff on her mind too (dead father,lost prison,husband missing, surviving, reuniting with husband, arriving at terminus and being locked in a train car) If we saw her a little more in A I'm sure she would of asked about Beth though or Daryl would fill in her

I could sort of understand (but not agree with) Maggie caring more about Glenn than Beth, but not being curious about her sister's fate or even asking Glenn if he might've seen her (dead or alive) before he escaped the prison is extremely cold. I don't think it can be justified.

Last edited:

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
You think Terminus and the Sanctuary look similar? Terminus is more of a train station and the Sanctuary is a giant factory surrounded by a fence of walkers, personally with all the picnic tables, ect, terminus looks more like the Hunters house. I should correct myself, I don't think he's weak per say but he doesn't seem strong like Rick or the Governor. Something that I really want answered is writing on the wall "Never Again, Never Trust. We First, Always" It seems like they trusted a group that betrayed them and that they no longer trust other people besides other fellow Termites. If they were betrayed though why would they post signs everywhere announcing its existence to the world? When Negan does come into the show he'll likely still swear since they changed the rating of TWD to Mature just not as much as does in the comic cause it would be too distracting

They both look like abandoned factories to me at least.

Celestial Moth

Guardian of the Tree of Time
Apart from the whole terminus nonsence n stuff, i think its kinda sad that they didnt show ricks son, carl, being raped in the scene during when daryl finds rick and stuff on the road.
In that scene in the book, im pretty sure carl gets raped, and they even show some of the emotional change between him and his father during that episode...

Lorde

Apart from the whole terminus nonsence n stuff, i think its kinda sad that they didnt show ricks son, carl, being raped in the scene during when daryl finds rick and stuff on the road.
In that scene in the book, im pretty sure carl gets raped, and they even show some of the emotional change between him and his father during that episode...

They weren't going to show something that graphic on television. I thought that the scene was powerful enough the way it was depicted anyway, but that's just me.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry

Carl does not get raped in the comics.