• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Walking Dead (Season 3)

Colt45

Cobalt
I don't understand why there's so much hatred for the female characters in this show. I mean first everyone seemed to hate Lori, then it was Andrea and now even Michonne is receiving some backlash? I personally never understood why Lori was hated in the first place. I mean yeah she got together with Shane, but how can anyone blame her when she thought her husband was dead? It's only natural to want to seek comfort during times of crisis, so Lori's situation was justified in my opinion. And at least she tried to distance herself from Shane after Rick returned. And while I can sort of see why some people might not like Andrea (her relationship with that psycho Governor), I think she's one of the most interesting characters because she's the most human. She makes mistakes like that time she shot at Daryl and the more recent developments in Woodbury. But she's also strong when she needs to be like when she killed her sister after she turned into a Walker, and I fully expect to see her kill the Governor by the end of the season, which might redeem her in some people's eyes. But I don't get the criticism of Michonne. She's a good character in my opinion. She has a unique killing style, and she's someone who has what it takes to survive like Merle and Daryl.

Lori was completely inconsistent. One moment she was whispering in Rick's ear to kill Shane, the next she was shunning him because he did, and in self-defense no less.... also, she could never look after Carl... that kid just wandered the place with no rhyme or reason.

I personally don't have a problem at all with Michonne, in fact, I like her.

Edit: also, it's not justified to honor your late husband's memory by sleeping with his best friend.

Last edited:

Colt45

Cobalt
Because they are badly written. The only good female characters are Maggie and Carol.

Lori was flip-flopping between Shane and Rick. When Shane finally seemed to accept that Lori was with Rick, Lori whispers in his ear and makes Shane want to kill Rick. In a zombie apocalypse, having a love-triangle is not what I would call ideal. I'm just gonna say this, that this never happened in the comics.

Andrea is pretty much in the same boat right now. She continues to trust the Governour, even though she saw him have a zombie daugther chained in his closet and jars with zombie heads, yet she is still with him. She then wants Rick & co to come to Woodbury, even after the Governour made Daryl & Merle fight to the death, and he had no problem with the kidnapping of Glenn and Maggie. In the comics, she is like the alpha-female. She has her mind set, she is smart and she doesn't sleep around with a guy she just met.

I completely understand why people don't like Lori and Andrea because they are not good characters. And for someone who has read the comics, it is almost an insult to see them butcher one of the better characters in the comic, in this case Andrea. The only female who is heavily improved upon on the show, in comparison to the comics, is Maggie.

What about Carol? She comitted suicide in the comics.

Last edited:

Colt45

Cobalt
This thread is mainly for the television show - can spoilers from the comics be kept in spoiler tags for people who don't read the comics and don't want to be spoiled about anything? Thanks.

Sorry, I fixed it.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I forgot about the preview. AMC didn't show it after the episode. I guess I'll have to find it.

Takeo

This thread is mainly for the television show - can spoilers from the comics be kept in spoiler tags for people who don't read the comics and don't want to be spoiled about anything? Thanks.

It honestly shouldn't matter, the TV show and the comic are two completely different things, the TV show doesn't even play off the 'walky talky' story line anymore. The only similarities are the characters names and the land marks they stop by.

Manchee

extra toasty
Sorry, I fixed it.

Thanks! C:

It honestly shouldn't matter, the TV show and the comic are two completely different things, the TV show doesn't even play off the 'walky talky' story line anymore. The only similarities are the characters names and the land marks they stop by.

Yeah, I thought of that too, but I mean if certain characters die in the comics, they're more likely to die in the show and some people don't want to know that a favorite of theirs has a good chance of dying. And since the comics are farther ahead, future storylines could be spoiled for people if they're talked about here. I know the show could go in a different direction with certain characters based on their popularity with fans, but still. It's not too hard to stick some spoiler tags around comic stuff. :3

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I liked tonight's episode, sorta. I liked that Michonne and Carl bonded and that Morgan returned, but I was disappointed that he didn't join Rick's group; they really need all the man power they can get. I also thought it was messed up how Rick and the others ignored that wanderer, but at least they have more guns and supplies now. That's something. Next week's episode looks like it'll be one of the best episodes of the season. I'm so excited.

Shneak

I really liked this episode. TWD is good at cementing the usual settings in a post-apocalyptic manner, but we don't often get to see the outside world. It was nice to get out of Woodbury and the prison just to see another ravaged place. I was surprised that Morgan appeared, but I'm content with how the story was wrapped up. I like how he wants to clear all of the zombies for a better future. This episode also highlighted Michonne and Carl, who got their major acting roles in the show. I like that they actually had a bond together by the end of the episode, and Mich actually got dialogue! "I was going to go back anyway, it's just too gorgeous" is the best line.

Lorde

Mich actually got dialogue! "I was going to go back anyway, it's just too gorgeous" is the best line.

tumblr_mj4bf80FBg1qgy1iqo3_250_zps3d045921.gif

Lol yeah, that was one of my favorite scenes. It was nice to see the less serious side of Michonne. But to be honest, I think it was kind of strange how Carl accepted her as a member of the group after just one little adventure together. Like, I could understand if he started to trust her a bit more, but it's like he's saying that she's as trustworthy as some of the other members of the group.

Manna

Rockin' the Suburbs
Best episode in awhile.

Morgan was amazing, I wish he stayed longer. He hasn't been around long but I was really moved by his story. ;__;

Lorde

Tonight's episode was slow. It looked so good in the previews, but it was basically another set up episode. I think Rick's an idiot for not killing the Governor when he had the chance, and I'm even more angry that he actually contemplated giving up Michonne. I'm glad that Andrea seems to have come to her senses judging from the preview for the next episode though, but it may be a case of too little, too late. But I think it's cool that even Milton is turning against the Governor, even if I do think he'll get killed for the betrayal.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Haven't seen it yet. Probably going to tomorrow. But the episode from last sunday is my favourite. I loved how they showed that Michonne is actually a human being! like that scene with the pinàta-thing. lol

Shneak

I didn't like the last episode, but I guess it would be impossible to top 'Clear'. It was slow and I felt like it was dragging on at parts, and like it was foreshadowing multiple things that didn't end up happening. Andrea once again regressed too, saying she'd go to the prison and then backing out again. If she's blinded by love, then gag me now.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
I actually had the exact opposite opinion. I thought "Clear" was a little slow and, aside from giving Michonne some actual character, non-eventful. It was SO OBVIOUS that the point of the episode was to show Rick seeing where his current path could lead him that I felt like I was getting beat over the head with it, and Morgan was not really an interesting character.

I enjoyed this week's, though, and I think it marks the beginning of Andrea's turn around from absolute idiotic, unbelievably naive and foolish moron into someone with a plan to do the right thing. She had some kind of connection with Hershel, so I think they have an unspoken plan or idea. And I thought the Rick/Governor stuff was tense and simmering. They finally reunited Glenn and Maggie. And, for the first time, I sympathized with Merle. So I thought it was a good kick-off to the climax of this season.

So what are the major deaths everyone sees on the horizon in the last two episodes? I've got three I think are definites:

Milton
Merle
Hershel

Lorde

I'm with the people who didn't really think "Clear" was all-that great. I mean it was certainly one of my favorite character development episodes, but it also felt sort of hollow, especially now that Rick is considering giving up Michonne to the Governor. All that bonding she did with Carl could amount to nothing now.

I honestly think Merle is going to get killed. I hope Andrea survives, I really like her.

I was actually starting to like Merle, but he was annoying in the newest episode. I hope he either dies or goes off on his own.