• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Walking Dead (Season 3)

Manna

Rockin' the Suburbs
Oh man this episode was great after two bad ones in a row.

You could tell Merle was going down though. All that sudden focus on him. But man..did he go out in a blaze of glory! And that fight with the governor, holy ****.

Oh, and poor Darryl. : (

So pumped for the finale now.

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
Did anyone else notice the kid from Tyreese's group get shot in the face as Merle was aiming at the Governor?

I never really liked him.

CptDrDigi

Chickity China
I noticed, but I never liked him because he like never spoke, it was like when Beth's boyfriend died last season?

"Oh, he was a great character"
Said no one ever.

It's just a way of getting rid of the semi-red shirts before the season finale. I expect Darryl and the kid's dad gonna be pissed at each other's groups.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
That was a great episode imo. I thought for sure Michonne was doomed but then Merle let her go and I knew that he was going to try and kill the Governor by himself. Even though I thought he was an annoying jerk, I still felt sad for him and even more for Daryl at the end of the episode. I can't wait for the season finale; it looks great.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I don't like Merle (who doesn't?) so I wasn't greatly fond of this episode, but I think they accomplished what they wanted: sympathy for Merle by choosing to go on a solo stand against Woodbury and releasing Michonne. The car distraction was smart, especially for Merle. The finger biting scene was screwed up though, obviously in a TWD good way.

Lorde

I can't help but feel that either Glenn, Carol or Hershel will die in the season finale. I just think that Glenn has gotten a lot of screen-time recently and that's usually a bad sign. And Carol has been really lucky so far and has avoided death by the skin of her teeth imo. I like her, but I don't think she'll stay lucky for long and sadly she doesn't do much anyway. And Hershel's at a disadvantage since he only has one leg. I like him too, but he seems like an easy target.

Shneak

Hershel will definitely die, I think. He won't be able to move on after the prison at the rest of the group's pace, plus they've gotten through giving the blessing to Glenn and generally caring for him now. I can see him being a bullet sponge or a sacrifice. I don't know if anyone else will die though. I suppose Beth and Judith may be possible, but besides them, I don't see anyone else going.

Manna

Rockin' the Suburbs
Terrible finale.

Governor lives, still at the prison, kill Andrea off instead of turning her character around. Commercials commercials commercials.

Just...an absolute train wreck of a finale. There's a new showrunner next season, and thank god for that. What a mess of a show.

Shneak

"I tried." Cue trying to hold back tears.

God, I'm so upset that Andrea died. I was adamant that she would live and even kill the Governor, but she didn't. I know a lot of people will be happy that she's gone, but she's been my favourite since season one and it kills me to see her die without accomplishing her goal and getting used by the Governor. I honestly held back tears during that scene. Oh, the days of Alexandria that will never happen.

Anyway, I'm kind of disappointed in the finale. It didn't end with a bang like I anticipated. The Woodbury army burst in and ran away in a short amount of time. There wasn't even a battle. The Governor surprisingly lived and could possibly still be the villain, but could easily be written out of the show. I thought that killing the entire army was the peak of him though. He can't possibly get more evil.

I'm kind of glad that the finale was so unpredictable, but I have no idea what's coming next. The group is now running some retirement home turned daycare in the prison, the Governor is on a road trip, and Andrea is dead. I didn't anticipate any of this.

Lorde

I have mixed feelings about the finale. There was some disappointing moments like the Governor's retreat and the endless commercials, but over all I liked it. I was sad when Milton died, but even sadder when Andrea died; I seriously cried like a baby. I'm still in shock. I hate the Governor even more than before after the way he turned on his people, and I'm disappointed that he just sort of left with those two other guys (although I'm not totally surprised since many people predicted that he wouldn't die until season 4 anyway). I liked the ending where all the remaining Woodbury people came to live in the prison, but I'm seriously worried about Carl; something tells me he's the next villain.

Colt45

Cobalt
This was really underwhelming as a season finale. If it were a regular episode, I think it would have been good, but as a season finale... it just doesn't deliver enough to hold us over until next season. I really felt going into the episode that they would need 2 hours to pull off the huge finale they were building up for, and I came out feeling much more strongly the same way.

That said, here are the things that would have made this a good regular episode:
The Governor's quote, "You kill or you die, or you die then you kill," was among the best quotes in the series IMO.
It's really nice to see Tyreese and Sasha join the gang.
The Governor slaughtering all his people was a very powerful moment, showing that just when we thought the Governor couldn't possibly be any more sadistic, he pulls a stunt like this.

One negatives in particular that I felt suffocated this episode, even if it were regular:
Andrea's death felt forced and unnecessary, probably just because everyone was begging for her to die all season. I was not one of those people, and I was pretty frustrated how she got no character redemption whatsoever.

I'd also like to note that this episode was extremely unpredictable, as I really saw none of this coming. I'm really surprised that so many people that lived did, especially the Governor... did not see that coming. Also, I'm glad Hershel in particular survived, as I was, like others, expecting him to bite the dust this episode in the "big" showdown. I hope they promote him to a regular next season honestly.

Although the finale didn't do as good a job as it should have giving me something to be excited for next season, I am still nonetheless looking forward to next season, and I have no idea where they are going to go from here. At this point, they have deviated far from the comics. I mean, in the comics [spoil] the governor is killed by his own men who turn on him, and in the show. obviously, the exact opposite happened. [/spoil] I'm very interested to know how they're going to use the governor next season. He certainly doesn't seem as dangerous with only 2 men, and no home base. Back with the prison group, I'm wondering how Rick and co are going to handle this new retirement home they're running. But that's all for next season, and this thread is really only for season 3 it seems, so I guess I will be retiring from it. I hate to sound like I'm advertising, but you guys would be more than welcome in my Walking Dead club if you'd ever like to join to discuss all things Walking Dead.

Last edited:

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
At VERY first, I also thought the finale was a bit underwhelming, but then I thought about it for 5 seconds, and... you know what? I think it was actually very fulfilling.

First of all, they ended the Andrea arc. Andrea basically had a STORY, starting with Amy's death. She became depressed and despondent (trying to stay at the CDC and leading Dale to believe she was dangerous to herself); then she became hardened and started thinking in s brutal kill-and-don't-think-about-it mentality (Her relationship with Shane, shooting Darryl by accident, her general awful attitude towards everyone when asked to do anything helpful around the farm, letting Beth try to kill herself); then, with Dale's death, she became overly sympathetic and never wanted to see anyone die again, and that led her to making some truly awful decisions this season with the Governor and the false "promise" of Woodbury. And finally, in the last three episodes, her blinders came off, and she tried to make the right decisions. But it was too late. Still, her character progressed, and she had a fully developed story arc.

Secondly, they resolved Tyrese's problems with the prison and Woodbury. While not a MAJOR plot point, they'd been setting it up for 8 episodes or so (since the midseason finale). Tyrese finally saw the Governor for what he was, and Rick got to make up for chasing his group off.

Next, they destroyed the Governor. No, they didn't KILL him, but--just like how Governor had started killing people and letting them turn rather than headshotting them out of mercy--they did something worse; they took everything from him. He lost Woodbury, he lost his people, and he lost his pride. He ended up having to run away in anger and frustration, with only a truck and two of his followers, neither of whom seem particularly loyal to him any longer. So they resolved that ARC, all the while keeping the Governor alive as a possible threat next season or further off, which I actually think is kind of genius.

And finally, with Rick bringing the people of Woodbury to the prison, they resolved Rick's collapse this season. He went from being a good man to a man who was teetering on the edge, both morally and psychologically. His rebuilding that started in the episode with Morgan is complete. He's clawed his way back to stability. he refused to give up Michonne, he gave the group their voice back, AND he stopped chasing people away by doing the exact opposite and letting people in. He's back to being the altruistic, if flawed, hero he set out to be when he first appeared in Atlanta.

And it still managed to set up a future plotline--what the hell is going on with Carl? Carl is starting to take a very Shane/Governor point of view right when his father has come face-to-face with the fact that you can't really live with that stance. Sure, you might SURVIVE, but... will you be LIVING? So what is going to come of Carl? Is he becoming, in a way, a future threat to the group? Is he just struggling like Rick did, and will eventually come over like his father? Or will his immaturity and youthful anger take him further than Rick went?

So, really, to me? When you look at what all the finale DID achieve, it seems cheap to say "nothing happened". Sometimes a good finale ends with more subtlety than the nuclear warhead everyone expected.

And I dug it.

Last edited:

CptDrDigi

Chickity China
I liked the episode, even though, I will agree with Waterpokes it felt like a Series Finale.

First off was Andrea, who I just didn't care about what so ever, which is a shame, because Andrea in the comics is so, well, badass. It wasn't even like she had a valiant, heroic death, she took an hour to get out of a chair. I mean, atleast Merle went out doing something, he took down eight people. Andrea just took forever and in my opinion never really did anything besides in like the filler-y episodes.

And then there was Govvy's break down, which was pretty badass, and finally showed off how messed up he is. But I do have one worry, mostly how will he come back, it seemed a little anti-climatic to mark him off as just driving off into the sunset with Martinez and Evil Black Daryl.

I think I now know why the got rid of the Senior Citizen's part from last season, what with all the old people entering the prison, all it would take is one to turn in their sleep, and a few bites here and there, and the Woodburians would be down a bit.

I also sorta hope that they bring back Governor with, and hear me out on this, Negan, for those who know from the comics, Negan is messed up so hard. I could see him momentarily joining up with Gov, getting taken to the prison, and then doing something he is really well known for doing against Gov, but there is hardly any proof of this, and just fanboy speculation.

Lorde

Funny how even though Andrea tried to save lives both at Woodbury and the prison, she still gets bashed by the majority of the fanbase. I mean I obviously expected more from her; I wanted her to kill the Governor or at least have a hand in that, but considering everything else, I thought she got a proper send off. I loved her character because she was the most human. She made mistakes and tried to fix them, which is pretty much what Rick did this season as well yet unlike Andrea, he was forgiven easily and got a pat on the back. Anyway, I don't read the comics so I don't know what "comic Andrea" is like, but I liked the one from the show because again, she had flaws and felt more real to me. I could relate to her.

Oh, and at first I was a little disappointed because it seemed like Merle gave up his life for nothing, but after watching the episode again, I realized that Rick and the others were able to get the upper hand because Merle killed the Governor's top men; all that was left were his two henchmen and the Woodbury people who had no real combat experience.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
I'm wary of ANY news I read on 4/1/13. But that could be true.

And it was not JUST Andrea's terrible life choices and obliviousness that turned people off to her. She was smarmy and obnoxious and whiny. She let Beth try to kill herself, then acted all shocked when she tried. When Lori asked for help around the farm, she got all indignant with her whole "I CAN HELP DO MAN WORK!" crap, even though her best accomplishment to date had been accidentally shooting Darryl. And even when the Governor expressed surprise that Andrea and Michonne survived on their own so long, she gets all crappy and says "Why? Because we're WOMEN?" No, you dumby. Because you were alone all winter during the zombie apocalypse, AND you had pneumonia.

She got all indignant when people said normal things of her, but then she just blindly and stupidly accepted EVERYTHING the Governor did. She was, hands-down, the most awful, annoying, and pathetic character I've seen on any TV show in the last few years. She made Lori look awesome.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I'm wary of ANY news I read on 4/1/13. But that could be true.

And it was not JUST Andrea's terrible life choices and obliviousness that turned people off to her. She was smarmy and obnoxious and whiny. She let Beth try to kill herself, then acted all shocked when she tried. When Lori asked for help around the farm, she got all indignant with her whole "I CAN HELP DO MAN WORK!" crap, even though her best accomplishment to date had been accidentally shooting Darryl. And even when the Governor expressed surprise that Andrea and Michonne survived on their own so long, she gets all crappy and says "Why? Because we're WOMEN?" No, you dumby. Because you were alone all winter during the zombie apocalypse, AND you had pneumonia.

She got all indignant when people said normal things of her, but then she just blindly and stupidly accepted EVERYTHING the Governor did. She was, hands-down, the most awful, annoying, and pathetic character I've seen on any TV show in the last few years. She made Lori look awesome.

So in what way was Lori not awesome for being an awesome supportive character. She has always been the ideal mother throughout the series!