• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The War Within [Discussion]

Pyroli

Banned
The War Within
Discussion Thread
Approved by: Psychic

RPG (Coming soon. This is all you get today, I put out my back on the way home from work so I've been kinda dead all day.)

Current Objective (Once the RPG starts)
Meet with your Eevee, discuss events once you and the Eevee have bonded well enough together. The Eevee will first direct you to other people living in your region to meet up with them and travel together, it will tell you what to do from that point forward.

Updates
- None, at the moment.

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Ouch, try to er, undead soon. We'll wait.

So Mon, Tangeh, looks like we'll be traveling together. 8P

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Yay! Come out you shippers…there's a potential lesbian pair forming with these assignments…and a potential gay one as well. :p At least Jessie doesn't need to pass Goldenrod City…who knows what Erik's doing to hunt her down. >.>

And look, it's Cedric's harem! Isn't he lucky that he got two pretty girls to hit on? XD

Tangeh

Both of your characters look like they could be a bit affrontal so this could be interesting because my character doesn't know how to react properly to those types lol.

Feel better soon Mogar!!

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Yay! Come out you shippers…there's a potential lesbian pair forming with these assignments…and a potential gay one as well. :p At least Jessie doesn't need to pass Goldenrod City…who knows what Erik's doing to hunt her down. >.>

And look, it's Cedric's harem! Isn't he lucky that he got two pretty girls to hit on? XD

I'm sort of glad the sexuality section was taken out. Romance is on the bottom of Sabrina's priority list, if it's even on the list at all.

Both of your characters look like they could be a bit affrontal so this could be interesting because my character doesn't know how to react properly to those types lol.

Thankfully, Sabrina takes a lot of inspiration from Rarity, so she isn't a complete bitch. :p

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Lovely. With this discussion, we are one step closer to start.
My character is gay. I have no plans of doing anything about it, but if any of y'all have any ideas, I'll be up for it

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
I expected as much. :p The two of us are often paired up in RP's.

True that. It miiiight have to do with us just being in a lot of rps together, though. 8P

Yay! Come out you shippers…there's a potential lesbian pair forming with these assignments…and a potential gay one as well. :p

Ha, I noticed the same. Even if nothing necessarily happens in the rp itself, it's fun to think of the possibilities anyway.

He's feeling pretty damn lucky at the moment, yeah. |D

Sweet, character conflict's always fun!

... This post looks weird with this many quotes, meh.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I'll likely be paired with the Glaceon-player, who seems to not be either of you.

Psychic

Really and truly
I'll likely be paired with the Glaceon-player, who seems to not be either of you.
Man, I kind of hope that doesn't happen, for your sake. A character who has been locked away in their room for years on end with no social interactions is not in a good place for romance. Plus you'd think he's incredibly repressed and would feel incredibly guilty about any homosexual desires or feelings he may have. I suppose it depends on how Chili plays him, but needless to say, this wouldn't be a character without issues. I hope you don't feel pressured to do something just because you're the only gay male characters.

Aaaaaand this is why I'm wary of romance in RPs, especially ones with small casts.

On the plus side, I don't imagine Marie-Eve getting involved in romance anyway.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
With my characters mild lack of social skills, I am looking foreward to seeing how they will get along in general. lol

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
I hope you don't feel pressured to do something just because you're the only gay male characters.

I understand the concern and can't speak for Schade, but if it helps, I don't think anyone's going to feel pressured to do anything here. We've all rped for a long time and kinda know each other, and this isn't the first time LGBT+ characters have been the minority in rps we're in, or that we've played them, and that hasn't caused pressure before. Most players can handle romance situations maturely around here in general, and I don't think romance is the main goal for many (or even any?) of us players, even if we do joke about it. And if it is, I trust the players in question to handle them well without feeling they need to get paired off.

I can only recall one instance of roleplaying here when the GM actually was literally pushing for romance between the characters out of the blue, which caused all kinds of hot fugly messes when the characters just weren't compatible personality or sexuality-wise (or both, in my character's case). And back then, literally all the players involved did bring that up with the GM and pretty much made him stop.

I do get why you'd be concerned, though, because I've seen romance done very badly and... unhealthily (but played out as totes okay!) before too. I just don't think there's fear of that happening here.

On a completely unrelated note, Mon and Tangeh, where do you think our characters should meet? They're kind of all over the place. I think you guys were talking about Saffron earlier in some context (unless I remember really wrong), so maybe there? It's near Cerulean and Vermilion. And Cinnabar, er... well, that's not close to anything anyway |D? So it doesn't matter where they meet.

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Well, if anyone want to pick up on the gay agenda, I'm down for it. But I don't feel any pressure, really. I'll likely make a potential love-interest in the form of a NPC later in the RP

Tangeh

I'm indifferent to romance in RPs, but considering my eevee desires "lust" and "wants love desperately" I don't have a whole whack of choice there. xD She's gonna make an attempt anyways lol! IDK about my human character; I'm just going with the flow. >_>

On a completely unrelated note, Mon, Tangeh, where do you think our characters should meet? They're kind of all over the place. I think you guys were talking about Saffron earlier in some context (unless I remember really wrong), so maybe there? It's near Cerulean and Vermilion. And Cinnabar, er... well, that's not close to anything anyway |D?

Well, my character's original plan was 1) Get starter from Prof. Oak 2) Go to Saffron. I figure she'll end up meeting the eevee and therefore skip step 1 and try to make her way to Saffron? Except judging by the first post I'm assuming our eevee have some sort of honing instinct and might be like "go to Vermilion! go to Cerulean!" I figured our characters would come across each other somewhere in the middle? Which I think would be either Saffron or Celadon anyways.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Well, my character's original plan was 1) Get starter from Prof. Oak 2) Go to Saffron. I figure she'll end up meeting the eevee and therefore skip step 1 and try to make her way to Saffron? Except judging by the first post I'm assuming our eevee have some sort of honing instinct and might be like "go to Vermilion! go to Cerulean!" I figured our characters would come across each other somewhere in the middle? Which I think would be either Saffron or Celadon anyways.

I propose Celadon. :)

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
So, it seems that I'm in this RPG after all. I just finished my signup. This also means that Marie-Eve will no longer be traveling alone, so it would be a good opportunity for her to exercise her leadership skills. My character is more of a follower anyway, as she used to explore places with her big brother in the lead. I don't think our group will have nearly as much drama as the Kanto group, but I bet our Eevees will be quite the rivals, as Checkmate doesn't like Serenity one bit.

Psychic said:
Well, unless Marie-Eve is lesbian and into nerdy girls, you don't even need to worry about that. Besides, Ari isn't much of a romantic herself. I actually like romantic pairings, as romance can be an interesting (albeit cliche) subject to write about.

As for a meeting place... I notice that with the exception of the Kanto group, the starting locations are pretty much in adjacent cities with one major landmark inbetween. So the Johto pair could easily meet in the Dark Cave or the adjacent routes, the Sinnoh pair could meet on Mt. Coronet, and the Kalos pair could meet on the Laverre Nature Trail. In the latter case, the abandoned playground on that route looks like a good meeting spot, though the Scary House could work too (both of us could be taking refuge from the rain there).

Also, I find it funny that I sort of have Ari in two RPG's now... but since I mainly control her brother in the other one, this shouldn't really be an issue. (Monster Guy and Jean Grey know what I'm talking about, as they're in that RPG too... or was, for the latter.)

I also just noticed that the cast is mostly female, with only three guys. I wonder how that happened. XD To tell you the truth, I was considering a male character, but the one I had in mind wouldn't work as well as a beginning trainer, and is too old for the RPG anyway. (Actually, conventionally, Ari is too young, but I've had her in RPGs where she was a teen before.)

EDIT: When I first made the signup, I was going to have Ari be a regular trainer, since she would want to follow in the footsteps of her brother. But I, too, fell victim to the overabundance-of-trainers problem, so I made her a researcher instead (although she still has the trainer aspirations in her History).

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Oh yeah, and speaking of nothing at all. We can have other Pokemon besides the Eevee, right? Like Tangeh mentioned with getting a starter etc.?

GoldenHouou

antagoonist

Yeah, I figured the same; that the Eevee would attempt to bring us all together, so we'd end up somewhere in the middle. Saffron sounds like it fits the bill in all ways then.

I propose Celadon. :)

You would.

Oooor Celadon. Celadon works too |D

And ooh, Kiru, hey! Glad to have you abroad.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Man, I kind of hope that doesn't happen, for your sake. A character who has been locked away in their room for years on end with no social interactions is not in a good place for romance. Plus you'd think he's incredibly repressed and would feel incredibly guilty about any homosexual desires or feelings he may have. I suppose it depends on how Chili plays him, but needless to say, this wouldn't be a character without issues. I hope you don't feel pressured to do something just because you're the only gay male characters.

Aaaaaand this is why I'm wary of romance in RPs, especially ones with small casts.

By the way, I first now thuroughly read this. I meant being teamed up with Glaceon-Chan, since we both are in Sinnoh. Sorry, should've been more spesific.
My character is a good guy, so there won't be any major issues from my part, at least

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Also, I find it funny that I sort of have Ari in two RPG's now... but since I mainly control her brother in the other one, this shouldn't really be an issue. (Monster Guy and Jean Grey know what I'm talking about, as they're in that RPG too... or was, for the latter.)

I haven't exactly posted in that thread in some time either...

I also just noticed that the cast is mostly female, with only three guys.

Even better, 2/3 of those males are gay. xD

Oooor Celadon. Celadon works too |D

I have reasons for wanting to go there. Or rather, Azure and Sabrina have reasons for wanting to go there. :p (It involves going shopping at the Department Store)

Last edited: