• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The War Within (PG-13) [SU]

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Ouch, we've got three trainers now? Hm, maybe I should change mine to Battler or some specific type of trainer or something, then. Not that there'd be a big difference, but I mean, in the Pokémon manga everyone managed to have their own unique title even if there was some minor overlapping, so I guess even a slight difference is better than none at all.

Which... actually gave me an idea for a backstory! But for that, I need to repeat a question I asked earlier; do/can we already have other Pokémon besides the Eevee, or is it meant to be our first? I'm guessing it is, but then, would it be okay if we used to own Pokémon but don't anymore? edit: actually, I think I got it. I can just edit if what I'm doing doesn't fly.

Anyway, I'll be able to work on my SU some tonight.

Last edited:

Tangeh

3 trainers, 2 Breeders, 1 Coordinator (Me) People clearly have no appreciation for the art of contests. :p

I thought everyone was supposed to have a unique Trainer Role?

I'm trying to think of eight viable pokemon-related careers for rookie trainers ages 15-19... other than the above, um, connoisseur, ranger, collector, that thing from HG/SS - Pokeathlon...? Pokemon performer? The RP seems to have negative connotations with scientists and grunts don't seem like a viable option either. Nurse Joy in-training maybe? xD Groomer? Traveller?

I was thinking of coordinator because that sounded more fun and you were the only one down for it, but I could get creative with that too. Maybe I'll put more of an emphasis on making pokeblocks / whatever they were called in DPP.

Psychic

Really and truly
I was thinking about this too - it's hard to think of eight completely unique trainer classes that have specific, diverging paths. The only other ones I could think of that haven't been mentioned yet was Researcher, Gym Trainer/Gym Leader or Monotype Trainer (like Bird Keepers or Bug Catcher), or maybe a Legendary Hunter. Bulbapedia has a list of in-game trainer classes, but most are pretty vague, so it would be hard to base a character's entire journey off such a specific trait. It would have been very helpful to get a list we could choose from.

I was going to go with Breeder, but since there are already two of them I guess I'll give something else a shot. I do have an idea, at least. :)

~Psychic

Tangeh

Edit: Done!

Name: Fallon Amory
Trainer Role: Coordinator

Appearance:

Fallon has been blessed with mostly clear skin (the smallest zit will send her into a frenzy), sunkissed by Cinnabar's warm climate. She stands at a whopping 5'2" (she defensively likes to claim that she "isn't finished growing", though she hasn't grown an inch since she was twelve) and is thin to boot. She's a bit self-conscious about her height because she's often confused as being much younger and doesn't like having to look up to people all of the time. She will wear heels if she's going somewhere where she doesn't have to walk much, but finds them too uncomfortable for everyday usage and opts for elevated flip flops instead even though they only give her an extra inch or two of height.

She prefers clothes with soft, pastel colours. Blue, pink, and yellow are typical go-tos. She also loves anything shiny or sparkly and therefore loves jewellery with precious metals or stones (although most of what she wears are fake gems as she can't afford anything overly expensive). Her ears are double pierced and she usually wears (zirconia) diamond studs in them.

She's a brunette and her hair has a natural curl to it, though she usually touches it up with a curling iron to make sure it stays perfectly before going outside. Her hair normally reaches to her chest, but when straightened (which she never does) it will go down almost to her waist. She also wears a lot of eye makeup in order to help herself look older. She's perfected the smoky eye and will sometimes do that with grey eyeshadow as she thinks that looks best with her brown eyes, else she will use shades of purple with black eyeliner and heavy mascara with curled eyelashes. On occasion she might wear blush and lipstick, though it isn't a part of her everyday routine.

Personality: Fallon can come off as a bit of a ditz. She will often ask stupid questions and gets confused easily. Although she's generally not very good at picking up new things, she does like doing what's she's initially good at and will practice almost obsessively until mastered - examples include eye makeup and cooking. At the same time, she's very much a people person and loves meeting new faces. Ever the hopeless romantic and plagued by a long (for her age) series of short and unsuccessful relationships, she mostly just assumes that boys will come to her and will readily flirt back if a boy starts first. She can unintentionally come off as flirty to both sexes just because of her overly-friendly nature, but will get confused if she is accused of such. She claims to be straight and is at least sure that she is attracted to males, but sometimes finds herself attracted to females as well, though she's only ever dated boys.

She is highly empathetic and is quick to ask "what's wrong?" if anybody seems distressed. She's learned to be quick to back off if they react angrily, but otherwise she's surprisingly good at being a rock for others to cry on. She tends to baby anybody whom she feels needs her help. Although she seems emotional and will cry if sufficiently upset (when she's not comforting others), she rarely shares her feelings with other people and likes to come off as the type who bounces back quickly. In reality she keeps most of her fears and problems bottled up where nobody can find them and tries to pretend that they don't exist.

History: Fallon was born on Cinnabar Island to a teenaged couple. For the first year or so of her life, she was raised solely by her mother. However, her mother was battling severe mental illnesses that had progressed rapidly since she gave birth, and she was determined by medical professionals as well as child protective authorities to no longer be considered fit to raise a child, let alone an infant. Fallon was then handed off to her young father, who was at first very apprehensive about raising a baby on his own, but quickly fell in love with his daughter and managed with help from family from both sides of Fallon's lineage. Fallon's mother is technically allowed supervised visits, but has never done so and currently lives in a mental institution after several attempts at self-harm. Fallon is curious about her, but is too frightened to visit herself.

Fallon's father had originally been training in the Cinnabar Gym as an apprentice of Blaine's, but dropped pokemon training to care for his infant daughter. He has worked as a concierge at an upscale hotel on Cinnabar for several years. Fallon spends a lot of time at this hotel, and is well-known by all of the staff. She in particular took a liking to the hotel's chef, who is world-renowned. Fallon's father was a poor cook himself, so Fallon learned how to cook from an early age and watched and learned from the hotel's chef whenever she got the opportunity.

When Fallon was twelve, her father surprised her with a trip to Hearthome City (the hotel her father worked at had a couple other branches, one being in Hearthome so they were able to stay at a greatly reduced cost). She fell in love with contests while she was there, and readily picked up the art of making poffins as well. She continued to learn about poffins and pokeblocks when she returned home, and eventually pokepuffs as well. She had to import berries from Hoenn and Sinnoh, but was able to cultivate a small garden and the majority of the berries she used were grown by Fallon herself. She started giving out free samples to tourists with pokemon who were staying in the hotel, and she became known for this act of generosity. The hotel owner soon began paying her to continue offering this service to guests because it was so well-received.

Fallon hopes to be able to get her first pokemon from Professor Oak (she already attempted to catch pokemon from the Pokemon Mansion, but they were too high-leveled) and then travel to Saffron to learn more about pokemon contests so she can put her skills at making pokeblocks and poffins to good use. She wishes to become well-known enough to be able to launch a marketed career as an entrepreneur who sells high-quality contest food to coordinators.

Eevee
Nickname: Scarlett
Colour: Red
Appearance: She has longer, fluffier fur than the typical eevee. Although she's of normal weight and size, her fur makes her appear a bit overweight from certain angles. Her coat requires rigorous brushing to prevent it from matting.
Personality: "High-strung" is a fantastic way to describe Scarlett. She cannot be by herself for even a moment or she will panic; she would be considered monophobic by human standards and this problem was exacerbated from her experience at the lab. She grew attached to certain scientists in the lab, but others would perform frightening tests on her when the nice ones were gone (in reality all they actually did was wear masks so that Scarlett couldn't see their faces) which reinforced her separation anxiety. When she goes into a panicked state, she will tremble uncontrollably, flatten her ears, and cry for help. You will never be able to willingly get Scarlett into a pokeball, and she prefers to sleep immediately next to or on top of somebody else, or at least very close to them if that cannot be done. She requires constant attention to stay happy throughout the day.

In return, Scarlett is actually a very loving, social, and fiercely loyal pokemon to those she is close to. Although strangers panic her further when she is alone, if she is with friends then she will not be shy toward new faces and will readily greet them. In particular she loves attention from the opposite sex, and is easily drawn to flirty and/or attractive male pokemon.

Last edited:

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
I was thinking about this too - it's hard to think of eight completely unique trainer classes that have specific, diverging paths. The only other ones I could think of that haven't been mentioned yet was Researcher, Gym Trainer/Gym Leader or Monotype Trainer (like Bird Keepers or Bug Catcher), or maybe a Legendary Hunter. Bulbapedia has a list of in-game trainer classes, but most are pretty vague, so it would be hard to base a character's entire journey off such a specific trait. It would have been very helpful to get a list we could choose from.

I was going to go with Breeder, but since there are already two of them I guess I'll give something else a shot. I do have an idea, at least. :)

~Psychic

Actually, the trainer list was something I referred to, but had the same problem with! XD There's no particular path with very specific classes, hehe. XD Jessalyn would have made a cool Punk Girl or Delinquent. XD

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Drat, I seem to have a terrible habit of coming in too late for RPGs... Is there any way to possibly put me on a waiting list or something if one of the people who reserved a spot doesn't sign up, or to somehow have a role in the RPG that either doesn't involve one of the Eevees, or involves a different Eevee being tested as a control of sorts, who is not supposed to evolve?

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Yeah, using spesific types of trainer might have been easier, imo. I changed my character from trainer to breeder due to the over-population of trainers in the first place.

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Yeah, ranger, researcher, gym trainer, traveler, police/nurse/etc. in-training, shiny/legendary hunter, trader, collector, reporter, and so on were what I was thinking of for different titles. There's actually plenty of things to choose from, and ranger would actually be a really cool role to fill. I might have actually went for that if my Eevee didn't practically scream trainer (or a grunt of some of the evil teams, but you know).

Anyway, finished my SU and yeah, sorry, he's still a trainer because it just fit the personality. 8/ I might bullcrap his actual title into Battler or Legendary Hunter or Battle Hunter or just... idk, Hunter or something though, if that at all helps with variety. I think he differs from a "regular" trainer basically in that rather than collecting badges and becoming the champion while training Pokémon and doing other things with them as well (such as collecting and filling the pokedex, etc.), he's more interested in only battling - and battling anyone strong he finds, regardless of their official status in the league. Not a big difference, but eh.

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
There's also Movie Star. I did that when my character needed a job for another RPG. He's since become one of my favorite characters to use. Only thing is Poke Star Studios is in Unova, and no one is starting there...

I am glad for another Coordinator, though. Sabrina needed some competition. :p

And yes, I know she shares her name with a Gym Leader. I forgot about that when I was choosing names. xD

Also, I made a minor edit to her history to mention the contest hall is in Saffron City, (since according to anime there is one there.) and she's in Cerulean City to catch Pokemon. Just in case that's important for someone else.

Also, I've been wondering, do the Eevees talk?

and the next few will be your Eevee coaxing you into going towards a certain location in Sinnoh.

Because I'm wondering how they're going to do this.

Last edited:

Tangeh

Also, I made a minor edit to her history to mention the contest hall is in Saffron City, (since according to anime there is one there.) and she's in Cerulean City to catch Pokemon. Just in case that's important for someone else.

Alright, I was going to mention the "contest hall in Cerulean" so thanks for letting me know you changed it. In the anime they used Saffron City and then a bunch of random towns that weren't in the games for contest hall placement. For simplicity we could relocate them to better-known areas, or have Saffron as the only contest hub like Lilycove / Hearthome in emerald / DPP (although that would limit traveling enticement)?

edit: actually if we're going to be in Sinnoh most of the time I guess it matters more there. xD Yeah the anime locations there look fine to me.

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I've also been curious to how the trainers can communicate with their Eevees..
And speaking of trainer titles etc. etc. I might try and figure out something other than breeder, since there is absolutely nothing breeder-ish about him, and I don't even mention it in the SU.

Last edited:

Psychic

Really and truly
Yeah, ranger, researcher, gym trainer, traveler, police/nurse/etc. in-training, shiny/legendary hunter, trader, collector, reporter, and so on were what I was thinking of for different titles. There's actually plenty of things to choose from, and ranger would actually be a really cool role to fill. I might have actually went for that if my Eevee didn't practically scream trainer (or a grunt of some of the evil teams, but you know).

Anyway, finished my SU and yeah, sorry, he's still a trainer because it just fit the personality. 8/ I might bullcrap his actual title into Battler or Legendary Hunter or Battle Hunter or just... idk, Hunter or something though, if that at all helps with variety. I think he differs from a "regular" trainer basically in that rather than collecting badges and becoming the champion while training Pokémon and doing other things with them as well (such as collecting and filling the pokedex, etc.), he's more interested in only battling - and battling anyone strong he finds, regardless of their official status in the league. Not a big difference, but eh.
My character will be taking the route of Legendary Hunter, but yeah, one can certainly be a trainer without necessarily taking the Gym Challenge (collecting eight badges and challenging the League).

There's also Movie Star. I did that when my character needed a job for another RPG. He's since become one of my favorite characters to use. Only thing is Poke Star Studios is in Unova, and no one is starting there...
True, but if one is aiming to become a movie star, nurse, police officer, reporter, etc. then it doesn't make a ton of sense that they're going on a journey, you know? For instance, in reality, if you want to become a nurse you have to go to school and do internships, but if you go backpacking around the country you're not exactly going to get closer to your goal. If one has already reached that goal, like Andre, one would have more freedom to just train and do whatever one wants, but I think we're all supposed to be beginners in this RP, so that might not work. Just my two cents.

~Psychic

Pyroli

Banned
Drat, I seem to have a terrible habit of coming in too late for RPGs... Is there any way to possibly put me on a waiting list or something if one of the people who reserved a spot doesn't sign up, or to somehow have a role in the RPG that either doesn't involve one of the Eevees, or involves a different Eevee being tested as a control of sorts, who is not supposed to evolve?

I'll put you on a waiting list for now, I'll try and think up a ninth Eevee but I'm not sure how well it would fit in.

You're accepted. Don't worry too much about trainer class, it's mostly just for my knowledge to know what path they're presuing.

Also, I've been wondering, do the Eevees talk?

They do, but telepathicly. Only you can understand your own Eevee, as you guys share the emotional connection needed.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
They do, but telepathicly. Only you can understand your own Eevee, as you guys share the emotional connection needed.

Excellent. Brace thyselves for weird freakouts when characters can communicate with eevees. lol
also, for the ninth spot. since there is eight already (?), is there a character that have Eevee only, that is not going to evolve?

Crash & Charm

Back I guess
I could play as such a character, and am showing interest if such a position were to become possible.

Last edited:

Psychic

Really and truly
Human
Name: Marie-Eve Leclair
Trainer Role: Legendary Hunter

Appearance: Marie-Eve is a tall, dark-skinned girl of average build. She has a long face, with a narrow nose and sharp jaw-line. She had deep-set hazel eyes emphasized by thick brows. Her face is framed by a pair of elaborate chandelier earrings of yellow chain with stones in all the colours of the rainbow. Marie-Eve has a love-hate relationship with her hair, which is thick, black, and curly, falling just above her shoulders. Hair such as hers doesn’t fall within the typical standards of beauty in Kalos, and though she loves it, she is rather self-conscious about it.

For her outfit, Marie-Eye has selected a navy blue v-neck t-shirt under a red jacket with black stripes down the sides and matching capris. She wears a grey scarf around her neck and black fingerless gloves. Around one shoulder is a black messenger bag with a blue stripe across the front, and she wears a pair of sturdy brown boots.

Personality: Marie-Eve has a thirst for power. She doesn’t want to admit it, but she desires control in her life. This manifests itself in a few ways; Marie-Eve wants to be in charge of situations, being the one making decisions, and having control over things and people. She wants to be a leader, someone people can look up to and trust, and she is quite good at commanding people, however she does not have strong decision-making skills. Marie-Eve is empathetic, but she also believes in doing things for the “greater good,” and puts this above all else - including her own well-being. She is not a very confident person, but she is good at acting like one.

History: Marie-Eve grew up with the tales of the legendary creatures who ruled the land. She has lived in the sleepy city of Laverre for her entire life in a middle-class family. She shared a duplex with her parents and older sister, Danielle, an accomplished Pokemon Breeder. From an early age, Marie-Eve was enraptured by the mythical Pokemon of Kalos, and even those in other regions. Of particular interest were Xerneas and Yveltal, bringers of eternal life and swift death. As a child she obsessed over them, drawing them in her school notebooks and covering her shelves with books and toys featuring them. She liked to imagine riding on their backs, prancing through the woods or flying through the clouds, or charging into battle. Upon learning about Eusine, the Suicune chaser from Johto who had managed to form a bond with the beast, he instantly became her role model.

As she approached the age at which to choose what path to take, she decided to follow in Eusine’s footsteps and become a legendary hunter. There were researchers who studied the many texts and accounts of those who had supposedly encountered the beasts (and whose body of work she knew inside-out), but Marie-Eve would get out into the field and hunt for them herself. Her family wished she would take a more conventional path, such as taking the Gym Challenge or becoming a breeder like her sister, but they were still supportive. She would still have to become a trainer if she wanted to be strong enough to search for the legendaries, after all. She told her family that she just wanted to see the legendaries for herself and confirm their existence, and that this would be enough for her. But secretly, she hoped to capture a legendary Pokemon, for the person who controls the legendary Pokemon of Kalos controls life and death, and thus the world.

Eevee
Nickname: Serenity
Colour: Pink
Appearance: Serenity spends a great deal of time grooming her coat, so she is always very clean, but she otherwise looks like a very average Eevee.
Personality: Everything is about control for Serenity. She needs to be the one in charge, the one making decisions. Serenity is willing to do just about anything to get what she wants, and puts her needs and desires before all else. She will manipulate, bully, and lie. Serenity is not willing to take responsibility for her actions, and is always ready to shift the blame when things don’t go her way. Her self-esteem is also quite low, however she tries to hide this. When angry, Serenity is likely to use excessive force or break things.

Before she was abducted by the scientists, she was the alpha of the small pack of Eevee in Kalos, and it had been a lovely life until it had been taken from her. Serenity hated being in a situation where she had no control and was at the total mercy of the scientists - to her, that was almost worse than their enraging tests. But the other Eevee were malleable and laughably easy to control, making it easy to become their leader and convince them to escape.

As you may have guessed, Serenity is a textbook abuser.

Pyroli

Banned
@Both of you; Both accepted! I'll attempt to get the topic up by tomorrow, I'd do it tonight but I'm studying for a test I have tomorrow.