• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Water Flowers of Cerulean City! (007)

Leonhart

Imagineer
Hanada City was finally shown here, and I liked how Kasumi was so nervous when she and the others arrived. Takeshi mysteriously leaving while Satoshi went to the Hanada Gym still bothers me even now, but Satoshi versus Kasumi made up for that. Poor Pawow, though. He didn't get to do anything.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
That was a great Gym battle between Misty and Ash: too bad TR had to interrupt it. I like Misty's sisters and they look very pretty in their swimsuits. I liked that we saw Brock hit on Jenny and she rejected him. :p

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
My favorite scene: Jenny suspecting Ash of the crime in the beginning

I was just pleased to see that Ash's Pokedex worked like an I.D. card since it helped throw the suspicion off of him ha ha. I thought it was neat how the Pokedex was programmed that way specifically for Ash. :3

_LightMeww_

I wonder if Ash would've won or lost against Misty here if Jessie, James & Meowth hadn't shown up with the giant vacuum and interrupted the Gym battle. I want to think that he would've won, but who knows.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I wonder if Ash would've won or lost against Misty here if Jessie, James & Meowth hadn't shown up with the giant vacuum and interrupted the Gym battle. I want to think that he would've won, but who knows.

Well if I remember right, Ash's Pidgeotto's Gust attack was shown knocking Misty's Starmie into a wall and then Starmie kind of laid there looking droopy and unconscious. So I'm willing to bet that Starmie was beaten and Ash was the winner by default.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic

Ash did win against Misty since Starmie had collapsed lol. I'm peeved regarding Pikachu's refusal to battle Misty, though. It made him seem so cowardly. :/

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I'm peeved regarding Pikachu's refusal to battle Misty, though. It made him seem so cowardly. :/

Well it was mainly so that Misty could stand a chance ha ha. If Ash had used Pikachu against Misty's water types here, she would've lost fast cuz of type disadvantage. Tho since this was a gym battle, I wouldn't have minded if that happened.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
If Ash had used Pikachu against Misty's water types here, she would've lost fast cuz of type disadvantage.

I know that Misty's sisters mentioned that, but still, Ash going easy on Misty didn't make sense since he was the one who was challenging her, not the other way around.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I know that Misty's sisters mentioned that, but still, Ash going easy on Misty didn't make sense since he was the one who was challenging her, not the other way around.

Honestly it was practically Pikachu's decision not to battle any ways, so I'd blame him for that more than I'd blame Ash cuz if Ash had seriously wanted to use Pikachu here, I'm sure he would've been much more forceful with Pikachu hee hee. ^^;

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
What grated on my nerves was how Misty got all happy when Pikachu decided to sit this Gym battle out; she even called him her "pal", which seemed condescending...

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
What grated on my nerves was how Misty got all happy when Pikachu decided to sit this Gym battle out; she even called him her "pal", which seemed condescending...

It was just a friendship thing cuz we had seen them bond in the past and it's my personal head canon that Misty was probably also relieved that she didn't need to worry about hurting Pikachu in a battle since he wasn't involved in this one.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Tbh, I didn't get why Violet, Lily, and Daisy didn't want to battle Ash to begin with. Like, they had Goldeen and Seel, so they could've accepted Ash's Gym challenge themselves.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Tbh, I didn't get why Violet, Lily, and Daisy didn't want to battle Ash to begin with. Like, they had Goldeen and Seel, so they could've accepted Ash's Gym challenge themselves.

Kasumi's sisters having only two Pokemon wouldn't have provided Satoshi with much of a challenge, however. Tosakinto in particular could only splash around feebly, and Pawow didn't seem much stronger either.

Bananarama

The light is coming
I thought that Misty's sisters' valley girl accents were absolutely hilarious in this episode.

Also, why was there such a commotion at the beginning if the only things stolen were a vacuum and a hose? :rolleyes:

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Kasumi's sisters having only two Pokemon wouldn't have provided Satoshi with much of a challenge, however. Tosakinto in particular could only splash around feebly, and Pawow didn't seem much stronger either.

Still though, they acted as if they had no available Pokemon even though they did and could've given Ash a fight.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Ash versus Misty felt cheap since we didn't get a good ending, just the TRio barging in with the vacuum. Seel being sucked into it was funny.