• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Water Flowers of Cerulean City! (007)

LuciRuki

Born This Way
woah thats off topic.... n e ways this ep has great humor. *misty luring them away from cerulean because it has ghosts (makes a face) lol* when truely her sisters were the gym leaders. great plot, but i agree with everyone TR ruined the damn fight, and where was Brock? Trying to get a date lol

JONNO.FRESH

An Alright episode. Didnt ever figure out where Brock went. TR Screwed the epi up. Good Epi cause Butterfree got to battle

I just watched this on youtube...boy they don't make em like Kanto anymore *waits for DVDs box to be released.

This was perhaps one of the most charming episodes I've ever seen in the Pokemon series. Loved it. I also loved the change of Misty's sisters to airheads...it gave them character.

Speaking of which I wathced the Pokemon Chronicles Episode with Misty ...after eight years even minor characters like Daisy still had thier orignal voice :*( I'll miss the cast thats for sure. I know this was a dub only edit song...but remember when Pikachu lands in Daisy's hands, and it plays this weird song...well they had the same in Chronocles when Sakura beat Misty. I thought that was neat as thats the only time that insert has been played.

LOVED THIS EPISODE!!

Squirtle85

Ready, Set, and GO
I saw it again yesterday Spanish dubbed. This was a funny and cool episode. the way Butterfree got slapped.

charizardpal

Gmaster Charizardpal
Yeah I'm waiting for a box DVD set too. (But I'd prefer it in Japanese) What I don't like is how when I watch TV the Hoenn Johto Orange Islands and Kanto eps all get mixed together. Sometimes I feel like watching a Kanto episode and instead an Orange Islands episode is on. The worst thing is when they cut (shorten) the theme song.

Pacman

A OK episode. I didn't like how Misty's sisters was just going to give Ash the Badge! Come on, their suppose to be Gym Leaders!

Pacman

A OK episode. I didn't like how Misty's sisters was just going to give Ash the Badge! Come on, their suppose to be Gym Leaders!

pokemaster95

King of pirates
use the edit button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
use the edit button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Pfft. You should talk.

Anyway, this episode is okay. I initially anticipated that this episode would be exciting and have a huge match between Ash and Misty. Instead it got interrupted by Team Rocket, thus Ash was given a badge just for saving the Pokemon. It's probably my least favorite Gym episode in the Kanto series.

Maestro Kinético

I just watched this on youtube...boy they don't make em like Kanto anymore *waits for DVDs box to be released.

This was perhaps one of the most charming episodes I've ever seen in the Pokemon series. Loved it. I also loved the change of Misty's sisters to airheads...it gave them character.

Speaking of which I wathced the Pokemon Chronicles Episode with Misty ...after eight years even minor characters like Daisy still had thier orignal voice :*( I'll miss the cast thats for sure. I know this was a dub only edit song...but remember when Pikachu lands in Daisy's hands, and it plays this weird song...well they had the same in Chronocles when Sakura beat Misty. I thought that was neat as thats the only time that insert has been played.

LOVED THIS EPISODE!!

I miss Kanto too, the episodes had a great quality.

I loved the posh sisters plot, it was original and Misty lying was funny.

SmartBart

Just watched this episode after lots and lots of years... Pretty awesome to see it again! It was funny too :D

Butterfree rocks! And so does Pidgeotto :)

Battra

An excellent episode. That was a great gym battle between Misty and Ash to bad TR had to interrupt it. I like Misty's sisters their a good match for Misty's personality, and they look very pretty in their swimsuits, to bad we never see Misty in one of those swimsuit.I liked that we saw Brock hit on Jenny and she rejected him, it was very nice that it was laid back makes you think that it won't happen again. I wonder where Brock was while Ash was battling for his badge I don't think they ever get to that in the entire series. Grats to Ash for winning his 2nd Badge.

Shiny Rokon

I love this episode.
Its curious about where Brock goes and why he goes during Ash's match against Misty, when they return to Cerulean City in the episode "The Misty Mermaid" he remembers them though, as if he was there, maybe its only in the dub? or he is refering to seeing them on the video phone or something? Visually it looks like he explains where he is going, ash doesn't seem at all curious either, so i think it was something simple which was dubbed different possibly.
I personally like this episode heaps, the first season of pokemon is hilarious. The art, the voices, the jokes, when misty is trying to avoid going to cerulean city and so on. I think this is a good episode for most of the characters, misty is revealed as a gym leader, which game fans have been waiting for, ash earns his 2nd badge, brock goes someplace, and team rocket manages to successfully steal something, and have some good moments.
here's an idea, maybe Brock goes back to the scene of the crime to flirt with officer jenny or something XP. love the boyfriend teasing too.
In regards to the battle between ash and misty. Firstly ash definitely deserves the badge. Anime battles can be a little bit unclear in earlier episodes, in later episodes such as the orange league, ash recalls one of his pokemon and brings in back out, because it still has HP left, but in episodes such as the pokemon league, his pokemon falls asleep and that is counted as a loss. In the case of this battle, Butterfree loses/faints in a way he couldn't use him again. So i view the match-up between staryu and butterfree as a loss for ash. However, when misty calls staryu back, she could bring it back out, maybe cause she wants to give it a short break, or she thinks starmie fares better againts pidgeotto. Starmie usually flashes when it has fainted, but Misty says "its energy has almost run out" so it is probably in the red zone. Ash does say "okay let's get that trainer badge" or something like that, so that kinda indicates one more hit and he has one. I think there are a lot of things like this which aren't clear cut in the earlier series. Like Misty can't use her water pokemon without being in or near water at the begining, and then they slowly start to use them out of water, like the first instant she uses staryu its at mt. moon and sitting in water, it appears to need to suck it up to use water gun or something, but later they use water gun and seem fine away from water, also in the bye bye butterfree episode she revives her starmie with a water pack, lol.
One more thing, its possible they were thinking that gym leaders aren't suppose to watch other gym leader battle or something? Thats why they might have brock go off, but then again Misty watches the match between brock and ash, only the 2nd time though and in the stands, without really being noticed. okay i've prattled enough, good episode :p

Mrmagius

~Deity of Valleity~
I only just watched this episode again and i must say its excellent although there were one or two shadowy patches for example where does brock go? will we see some cameo reference to this to explain it in a later episode?

Also i loved the part where ash and Misty battled although i think she could have battled better for a gym leader and all, yet i think she would have beaten ash if it wasnt for TR. Afterall she still had staryu left and im sure starmie could have recovered potentially.

also
Shiny Rokon said:
Ash does say "okay let's get that trainer badge" or something like that, so that kinda indicates one more hit and he has won

I think when ash said that he meant that since he had already almost taken out starmie that he would be able to wipe the floor with Staryu. He couldve thought this because since Starmie is the evolved form of Staryu then he couldve assumed that it would be more powerful alhough we have discovered that this is not true. And since Misty recalled Staryu when she saw ash take out Pidgeotto that could've also given Ash the idea that she thought staryu wouldnt be able to handle Pidgeotto.

In short, it was a fantasic battle :D

Hmm...wouldn't go over the top for this episode, even if it is a gym battle episode. The one thing that holds this episode for me is Jenny's line of, "I don't get off duty 'til after your bedtime." Brilliant. Poor Brock-o.

Hooray4Homestar

Don't die, ketchup!
I liked everything in this episode except the fact that we will never know where Brock went for the entire episode. I mean, they should have at least told us later in the Kanto series. Well, now I guess we'll never know for sure what Brock was doing.

pokemon fan 132

Another good episode.In this episode,we find out that Misty is a gym leader and have sisters,and Ash also managed to win his second badge,though in not very fair way.The battle between Ash and Misty was entertaining to watch,and i wonder who would be the winner if the battle wasnt interrupted by Team Rocket.There is only one mistery in this episode,and that is Brocks leaving for whole episode.I guess we will never find out where he was and what he was doing.