• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The "What Attacks Should They Learn?" Thread

Leonhart

Imagineer
Redstar45 said:
Overheat should be replaced with Ultimate Move Blast Burn !

That would've made more sense than Overheat at least, because Blast Burn is a special signature move that debuted in Gen III that Lizardon could learn via the move tutor.

Last edited:

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Leonhart said:
That would've made more sense than Overheat at least, because Blast Burn is a special signature move that debuted in Gen III that Lizardon could learn via the move tutor.
Problem is that Hard Plant show and Hydro Canon in the AG/BF to Dpt Arc and until the Xy arc in that Blast Burn did add in....by use Alan's Lizardon not Satoshi's sadly.

Last edited:

SerenaRulez

Overheat should be replaced with Ultimate Move Blast Burn ! Hey it is to promote both FireRed and LeafGreen and Emerald Games , it is same as to do the Hard Plant for Jukain too and Haruka's Bursyamo for a Blast Burn and her Fushigbana in Dpt learn Hard plant as well for Satoshi's four starter Pokemon in sinnoh and Kalo and Ahola too

By Hard Plant do you mean Frenzy Plant? It's such a weird attack because of the way it works so I'm glad that none of Ash's Pokemon learned it.

Redstar45

By Hard Plant do you mean Frenzy Plant? It's such a weird attack because of the way it works so I'm glad that none of Ash's Pokemon learned it.
I am used the Japanese move names as true to Japanese game
It is quite powerful

Leonhart

Imagineer
If I remember right, Jukain can learn Frenzy Plant, although it would've been sort of awkward for Satoshi's Jukain to have that move since it involves vines coming out of the ground. For a Pokemon like Jukain that excels at physical attacks and close combat in the anime, Leaf Blade was good enough.

Redstar45

If I remember right, Jukain can learn Frenzy Plant, although it would've been sort of awkward for Satoshi's Jukain to have that move since it involves vines coming out of the ground. For a Pokemon like Jukain that excels at physical attacks and close combat in the anime, Leaf Blade was good enough.
Yeah but it should be last resort attack not first attack unless it is super important like say end of the world as you need it to defeat the main villain or Villains .

SerenaRulez

I am used the Japanese move names as true to Japanese game
It is quite powerful

I was going to suggest that maybe Ash's Bulbasaur could've learned that attack until I remembered the Bulbasaur needs to evolve into Venusaur before it can use Frenzy Plant.

Redstar45

I was going to suggest that maybe Ash's Bulbasaur could've learned that attack until I remembered the Bulbasaur needs to evolve into Venusaur before it can use Frenzy Plant.
Well The Joutou Starters was in base form in Pokemon : XD ....so any possible.

SerenaRulez

Well The Joutou Starters was in base form in Pokemon : XD ....so any possible.

I didn't know that. It would've been cool if Bulbasaur had Frenzy Plant as a special move and May's Blaziken should've known Blast Burn too when it evolved at the end of the BF arc. :)

Redstar45

I didn't know that. It would've been cool if Bulbasaur had Frenzy Plant as a special move and May's Blaziken should've known Blast Burn too when it evolved at the end of the BF arc. :)
It was only way to get all starter from the Joutou region at time due to the fact that you need a transfer mechanic in Masaki's (Bill) 's machines in Generation 2 era not joke about that or try to beat Pokemon league in Houen region for 2nd time .

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Poke'fan68 said:
Ash's Rowlet should have learned sleep talk instead of feather dance. It would have fit it more and it would have made Ash's battle vs Hau easier to watch. I would rather have Rowlet fall asleep then use sleep talk instead of having it fall asleep during the incident that I don't want to speak of before waking up and using feather dance.

When we were discussing its possible new move before that episode aired, I remember suggesting Sleep Talk as well. Feather Dance ended up being extremely contrived given how it was used in that battle, and I still think that Sleep Talk would've made more sense.

TomRC121991

What Ash's Pokemon will learn?
Dragonite-Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Hurricane, Dragon Rush, Hyper Beam

Gengar-Night Shade, Psychic, Ice Punch, Shadow Ball, Hex, Shadow Punch

Riolu-Vacuum Wave, Copycat

TheCrazyMaster

Let's see, I think it'd be cool if Torkoal learned Smog and Gyro ball in place of Flamethrower and Body Slam. Torkoals Heat Wave is far more powerful than its Flamethrower, and I believe Smog has previously been portrayed as being flammable, so it would work out well. Being round means that Gyro Ball would work quite well, especially if Ash wants to bring back Counter Shield.

Greninja should have Night Slash, nuff said.

Charizard gets Seismic toss back in place of Slash. Could see Iron tail replacing Dragon Tail, maybe the Flame on its tail could heat up the rest of the tail when it uses this move.

Swellow gets Steel wing instead of.... Peck.

Maybe Donphan could have High Horsepower in place of Take Down? Don't really see them being any different from one another, except that Donphan gets a move of the same type.

Incineroar gets Darkest Lariat instead of Fire Fang. I could see it working well with Ash's Counter Shield strategy.

Hawlucha gets Arial Ace or Acrobatics instead of Karate Chop, and Steel Wing replaces X-Scissor.

Lycanroc can learn Fire Fang in place of Bite to cover some of its weaknesses. Plus it would give Ash more versatility if he ever wanted Lycanroc to use Inferno overdrive.

Melmetal could learn Ice Punch maybe, and possibly Rest?

Pikachu gets Extremespeed, because why not?

Give metronome to Snorlax in place of Headbutt, because let's give him more than 6 moves! Also Z metronome could be quite useful.

Leonhart

Imagineer
TheCrazyMaster said:
Swellow gets Steel wing instead of.... Peck.

I couldn't remember what Ohsubame's moveset was the last time it appeared, but after doing some research, I'm genuinely flabbergasted by how awful its moveset was. Steel Wing definitely should've replaced Peck, and I think Double Team should've also been replaced by either Twister or Ominous Wind when it returned in DP.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Wrong thread.

But to not make it a waste:

Ash's Greninja should have learned Night Slash.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Wrong thread.

But to not make it a waste:

Ash's Greninja should have learned Night Slash.
Should have, was absolutely never, ever going to. If they're not even going to let Meowth of TRio learn it, no way is one of Ash's Pokemon going to.
---------------------------------------

Raboot should learn Bounce & U-Turn once it evolves (or before it evolves if it can).

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Should have, was absolutely never, ever going to. If they're not even going to let Meowth of TRio learn it, no way is one of Ash's Pokemon going to.
---------------------------------------

Raboot should learn Bounce & U-Turn once it evolves (or before it evolves if it can).
Agreed I think u turn could be fun to see used often.Ember must be replaced by pyro ball and u turn should replace quick attack.I could see his final moves being Flame charge and either court change or double team.