• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The "What Have You Written Today?" Thread

diamondpearl876

I'm glad to hear you're making progress on your fics (presuming that's what the words were for, of course)! I've enjoyed what I've read of Love and Other Nightmares so far, so I'm looking forward to the next chapter of that. The art of getting words out without obsessing over details is something I'm still working on myself, but I think I'm getting better at it over time. Speaking of...

Mostly! :3 What I mentioned was for my fic, Phantom Project, rather than Love and Other Nightmares, though I'm excited to here I have another reader I didn't know about, hehe. Since I posted last, my writing focus has been on getting a bunch of graduate school essays done before my vacation next week, though, which I guess still counts? lol. Still making progress on fanfic, though!

I like how your goals are spaced out throughout the week! Smaller amounts on the weekdays makes sense if you're busier, and I think 275/825 are good, manageable goals. If you went higher, I'd vouch to take one day off a week, probably, heh. Good luck, and keep us updated! Extremely Dark Meowth Story sounds interesting, also - I always wondered what Pay Day would look like in a fic, and I don't recall seeing it before.

The Walrein

I like how your goals are spaced out throughout the week! Smaller amounts on the weekdays makes sense if you're busier, and I think 275/825 are good, manageable goals. If you went higher, I'd vouch to take one day off a week, probably, heh. Good luck, and keep us updated! Extremely Dark Meowth Story sounds interesting, also - I always wondered what Pay Day would look like in a fic, and I don't recall seeing it before.

Thanks, have fun on your vacation! Unfortunately, I didn't quite meet my goals this week. I was able to meet my word targets, and meet my 'done by 11:30' goal on Monday through Saturday, but I didn't finish writing until about midnight today. I'm not sure when I passed 825 words, but it was sometime between 11:30 and 11:45 P.M. So, I guess I wasn't that far off-target. Something like this was probably bound to happen eventually, which is why I'm going to make another change to the rules. From now on, I'll allow words over the target on a given day to be 'banked' and count towards future days' targets. I'll still endeavor to write every day, but that way I'll have a little buffer for days when my procrastination is worse than usual. Anyways, here's how I did:

5/21: 284 words.
5/22: 326 words.
5/23: 318 words.
5/24: 380 words.
5/25: 328 words.
5/26: 1,094 words.
5/27: 877 words.

All 3607 of the words I wrote this week were for the first chapter of Some Average Days In A Pokemon Daycare, which I should hopefully be posting tomorrow! Or at least, posting part of it. It's currently sitting at 17,270 words, so I might consider breaking it up into two pieces published a week apart.

My goal for next week is to write 300 words every weekday and 900 words every day on the weekend, and on Monday, since that's a holiday for me. The more difficult part of my goal will be to finish by 11:00 A.M. every day, but it's a pretty important goal if I want to start getting to sleep on time.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat who writes stories
Ended up discovering and editing a previously unpublished chapter of the 2012 edition of my fanfic! Posted it for... idk, posterity? A send-off? A time capsule? It was fun to do.

mgrgfan

What you're working on

The "Past of the future, future of the past..." fanfic, which combines Pokemon world and an ancient advanced atompunk empire, the emperor of which is completely obsessed with space exploration and exploitation, while the empress tries to both help her beloved husband to achieve his dreams and don't let the empire destabilize.

What, specifically, you wrote today

A scene with kinetic orbital strike on the unsuspecting Team Rocket compound.

How many words you wrote today

No idea.

What you did instead of writing today

Browse the Serebii Forums.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Heh, I finally finished chater 32 of Obsession! Almost a year and a half after chapter 31!

NebulaDreams

A Dense Irritating Miniature Beast of Burden
Welp, I just wrote a scene for The Curious and the Shiny where my main character (a Lucario) rants about the Diamond and Pearl show (which exists in universe) for several paragraphs. It is kind of a paradox in a way, because if it wasn’t for the anime, their character wouldn’t even exist.