• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The "What I got from GTS" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlasherRed

West Coast Elite(US)
i was wondering is it normal sometimes when i am looking for a pokemon on the GTS that when i find say a machamp and someone wants a scizor though instead of the machamp picture it has the scizor one, is that normal?

*Picachu&Pichu*

<- I want my milky!
i was wondering is it normal sometimes when i am looking for a pokemon on the GTS that when i find say a machamp and someone wants a scizor though instead of the machamp picture it has the scizor one, is that normal?

It's an increasingly(sp?) common glitch on the GTS. One of the most famous is the Mew with a Gyrados picture.

Arande

It's an increasingly(sp?) common glitch on the GTS. One of the most famous is the Mew with a Gyrados picture.

It happens when you put up a pokemon with a nickname of a different pokemons species, or so I've heard. Figures one person does it, everyone has to do it now...

PokInfinity

Seriously
Picachu&Pichu said:

Hey I've seen that one a million times! I hate that thing.

Dusknoir08

<Insert Title Here>
did some trading, i got a Squirtle and a decent Vibrava, i also put my shiny Graveler up for trade for a Torchic, the one i have is very bad

*Picachu&Pichu*

<- I want my milky!
It happens when you put up a pokemon with a nickname of a different pokemons species, or so I've heard. Figures one person does it, everyone has to do it now...

Actually, that's not the case. When the glitch happens, the pokemon gets the species name and picture of the requested one. This might happen because the game half-thinks that the one they have is the pokemon they want. The nickname is easy for the game to change (to the "name" of the other pokemon), but it can't change the actual species.

SlasherRed said:
so does the glitch mean its a hacked pokemon on GTS?

It doesn't have to be. I think it happened to one of my pokemon once. I think it was one of my MYSTRY Mews (which I got straight from the event); it became a Palkia.

jiang

Toguro-sama's 100%
Is a mining museum lv 20 jirachi off GTS legit? any one can tell?

shiny meta

another haxed mew theyre getting so annoying

RedPeppers

Is a mining museum lv 20 jirachi off GTS legit? any one can tell?

No Jirachi is strictly an event pokemon, I've gotten 2 hacked Jirachi's on the GTS myself. Firewall here on serebii has a gts guardian site with info on all the legit events for Jirachi, Celebi and Mew. I'll mention it because I thought a Celebi I got was hacked, and it turns out it's a UT event.

Isaac

Dragon Master
Yay I just got another shiny rayquaza from GTS to add to my collection of other shiny rayquaza

Status
Not open for further replies.