• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Whirl Cup - Signups! (PG-13)

Son_of_Shadows

Well, since my last RP, The Wrath of Regigigas, is pretty much dead, frankly, ruined by god-modders :( I figure now's as good a time as any to start fresh. So, without further ado...

Every year, the region of Johto plays host to a fantastic tournament, held at the legendary and mysterious Whirl Islands, said to be the home of the legendary Diving Pokemon - Lugia, though none have ever seen it. The islands on Route 41, lie between the port city, Olivine, and the island city, Cianwood. The Tournament is known as the Whirl Cup. The Tournament enforces a strict rule though - only Water types can be used to battle, though of course, competitors may own other types. Each year, the winner of the Cup is bestowed a rare Silver Wing, said to be one of Lugia's feathers. This is a highly valuable artifact. and the winners are encouraged to treasure it all their lives. No winner may enter the Whirl Cup again, once they have won. However, this year, there are nefarious forces at work.

A duo of thieves have entered the Whirl Cup, and plot to steal the Silver Wing, the Cup, and every Pokemon they can get their grimy hands on.The Sticky Holders, as they call themselves, utilise their Muk's Sticky Hold ability to ensure they hold on to any treasure they swipe. Billy and Kidd are in their mid twenties, and this brother-sister duo have really made a name for themselves. They are wanted in Kanto, Hoenn and Fiore, and will be entering the tournament under the pseudonyms of "Jack Sundance" (Billy) and "Kat Starl" (Kidd).

A single island has been set aside for the cup, and it has everything necessary. The main arena, complete with Olympic-sized swimming pool and platforms. The stands seat 10,000 patrons, and tickets sell out EVERY YEAR. People all over Johto look forward to the cup - it's their best time to earn revenue from tourism. There is a small village for competitors to stay in, complete with Pokemon Centre, Mart, various cafes and restaurants and cottages. Patrons stay in several hotels, and some are rich enough to commute from Olivine or Cianwood. There are also several smaller arenas, which were used for the preliminaries, and a hall used for the Opening Ball. At the start of the RP however, we will be moving on to the opening ceremonies of the main tournament.

Speaking of the opening ceremonies, they're fantastic. Fireworks aplenty, as the Tournament is officially opened by Water Pokemon master Wallace from Hoenn, and various officials from the Johto Government. The opening ceremonies also include a ball. 32 trainers have made it to the main tournament, each character is one of these trainers.

Now, I'll be assigning each character to a bracket, but I won't decide this until everyone's signed up. I will also decide on the structure of the match (i.e. 1v1, 2v2 etc.) once everyone's signed up, and it will likely vary from round to round. It is recommended that you sign up with AT LEAST 3 Water type Pokemon in your party. When it comes to character V character battles (which are inevitable), I shall flip a coin, and PM the users involved with the results. It is possible for any character to lose, even mine. Heads, the trainer on the left of the bracket wins, tails, the trainer on the right. Once you lose, you are not necessarily out of the RP, unless you wish, but you can stay behind, to watch the rest of the tournament etc. On to the rules and sign-up forms!

Rules:

Follow all Serebii.net forum rules.
Each post must be at least 8 sentences of decent information.
ABSOLTUTELY NO GOD-MODDING. Seriously, my last RP was really ruined by god-modders.
Mild swears are allowed, but nothing too heavy. This is PG-13.
Minor bunnying is accepted, but nothing major. Just to move the story on. Acceptable Example: John ducked under Jack's punch, and hammered an uppercut into his jaw, causing him to start bleeding.

Unacceptable example: John ducked under Jack's punch, and slammed an uppercut into his jaw, knocking him into the air. John followed up by beating the tar out of Jack until he was knocked out.

I operate a three strikes policy. That is to say, I'll warn you for the first two infractions, but on the third, you're out. If your first infraction's REALLY bad, I'll have to give you two strikes. Clear?

SU Form:
Name: (self-explanatory)
Appearance: At least four lines. Tell me what your character looks like and usually wears.
Personality: At least four lines. Tell me how your character acts, thinks, feels etc.
Pokemon Party: Up to six, but at least three. Tell me your Pokemons' names, moves (4 only), how they normally act and where they were captured. Natures are optional.
History: At least five lines. How did your character get this far? Where are they from? What has their journey been like? Why are they travelling? You can talk a little about captures, but not too much.
RP Sample: Sorry, but, since my last RP was ruined, I've decided to request this. At least 8 sentences of good roleplay. Doesn't have to be for this specific RP. Just show me that you're capable.
Introductory Line: Basically, each character, when entering a match, will be announced by the announcer. I want you to give me a custom introduction. For example: "Here he is folks, The Newb from New Bark! John Jackson!"

GM: Son_of_Shadows - Joshua Colquhoun

Accepted:

1. Treespyro - Samantha Hill
2. Seth1789110 - Seth Nightingale
3. Ysavvryl - Vincent Starmie
4. Manaphy Mare - Senshi Kokorono
5. TomDraco - Tom Draco (original, aren't ya... jk)
6. Stabberz - Jason "Topaz"
7. Roy G. Biv - Devon Gale
8. solovino - Dreis of the Geltz
9. Parasite - May Bajie
10. Skillfulness - Michi Faber
11. Buraddo Aipom - Rain Scavio (AKA Rani Viosca)
12. Hyuu - Levi Weiss
13. gaint whiscash 131367 - Koji Mahoki

Well, that's all. Any improvements you think I should make, lemme know. I'll post my character some time soon.

Son_of_Shadows, OUT!!

Last edited:

Torpoleon

Nice RPG! Can you reserve me a spot?

Seth1789110

Is my DS racist?
Hey Son, yeah this happened to my rp, Bounty of Fire...I posted but I get maybe 1 post on it every 3-4 weeks lol...anyways, looks good! I think I want to join up! Here is my form:
Edit: I think my form is longer than yours lol! Lemme edit this quick...
Edit: I edited my persona, and like for the intro thing, I am the previous champion of champions island, from my role play, the Bounty Of Fire. It is really cosmetic, but can I use this? If not I will edit it out.

Name: Seth (If last is needed, Nightingale)
Appearance: Seth has spiky blonde hair, similar to that of Cloud from Final Fantasy. He wears a cape, with a small chain on top. He wears chains on his black jeans, which extend from his upper pocket to a small notch. He wears a leather coat which goes down to his knees with a small zipper extending all the way up. On his left arm he wears a piece of some sort of armor, similar to a snag machine, because as a kid, he would watch his favorite show, Pokemon Colosseum, so he decided to make his own. He has blue eyes, and stands at a tall 5'10''. He
Personality: Seth is a very emotional person, at times. He can be very hot-headed, which can interfere with his decision making. He is a very brave individual, fighting to keep his friends safe. He is a very intellectual person, and likes to think things through a lot. At times he was cocky, and sometimes still is. At one point, the fame of being champion went to his head, and he became very zoned off because of it. He still holds onto that bit of fame, although it usually just annoys him. (Sorry, I always hated these...)
Pokemon Party: I kinda don't really like names...only a few...so is it ok if like only 1-2 of my pokemon are named?
Swampert: Surf, Hydro Pump, Mud Bomb, Focus Punch
Swampert was given to Seth as his starter as a Mudkip, and has been with him every since. He has adopted many of Seth's mannerisms, and has taken on the role of a more leader.
Vaporeon: Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Surf, Haze
Vaporeon was obtained as an Eevee, back when Seth entered a competition. The winner received an egg, and the Eevee was hatched from it. Vaporeon has adopted the role of princess in his group, and has sometimes refused to fight against uglier pokemon, for sake of her reputation.
Lapras: Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Sing, Water Pulse
Lapras was found on the beach, as an abondaned baby. Seth hurried it to a Pokemon Center, where it grew close to him as he sat in the waiting room 14 hours for it. Lapras has taken the nurse role of Seth's group. She is very caring, and tries to help all the other pokemon.
Goldeen: Nickname: Frill. Horn Drill, Water Pulse, Confusion, Agility
Goldeen was Seth's actual first caught pokemon, but by accident really. He was attempting to fish for a Finneon, but it bit his line with power and anger. After it came out, it slapped him with her tail, until he battled and caught it. Goldeen is the battler of the group, always challenging foes bigger than it.
Charizard: Fly, FlameThrower, Fire Punch, Iron Tail
Charizard is Seth's only Fire and Flying type pokemon. He caught it as a Charmander, just normally. Charizard is a very angry pokemon, and Seth only needs uses it in emergencies. While Seth loves its strengths, it has not come to respect him yet...
Sceptile: Leaf Blade, Solar Beam, Frenzy Plant, Focus Punch
Sceptile was caught as a Grovyle, and it evolved into Sceptile against a Sceptile. It is Seth's ninja fighter pokemon, and it is his speed monster. He is his only grass, type, and he is a lone wolf pokemon. He fights hard and listens, but at times likes to be alone, to retain his coolness.
History: Seth had lived in his suit in friendly Vermilion City. He decided to leave Champions Island, after being beat, to start a new life. He took a new pokemon and everything, but still has the strong battle skills that made him the champ. He had known about Giovanni, and when the scandal of Rocket was unfolded, Seth became angry at the huge inflow of people. The small, quaint town overflowed with people, so Seth decided to take the exam for a pokemon. He passed with Flying colors, and he headed to Pallet, for his first pokemon. Oak gave him the last pokemon he had, a Mudkip. Seth had always loved them, and was excited to finally get one. He left home, in start of his journey. He conquered all of Kanto, and Johto. Now, he has found out of the Whirl Island Cup, and decided to take out a few of his water pokemon for the tourney.
RP Sample: It is from my new role play:
"But...why? Why doesn't anyone just fight back? Can't we try?"
"No...you know that is forbidden. Do not speak of it..."
"But-"
"Silence! They are coming!" A small caravan drove up the dirt path, with the Rapidash who pulled it looking off, into the distance, without a feeling in their bodies. Seth slid back into his house. His mother held his arm, and his little brothers as well. The caravan slowed as it came into the small village. Seth's father had a buck-shot rifle in hand, ready to fight and defend his family. Banna, Seth's pet Aipom crawled onto his shoulder and hugged his head. Seth slid behind his mother, with fear in his eyes. The caravan slowed to a halt, and shoulders wearing strange uniforms jumped out.
"Out of the houses cowards!" People slowly walked out, deathly afraid of what was to come. The Team Gust soldiers rounded up the men of the village. The lined them up, told them to hold up their arms, and fired upon them. The men slouched to the ground, dead. Some of the children cried, and tried to run out to their late fathers. Seth felt a singe of sorrow and anger shoot through him. A small spark crackled in his hand. The Team Gust memebers then went into the church, and raided the only treasure the poor village had left, sky crystal. They returned, with the crystal in hand.
"Let this be a warning to all you "rebels" out there! Disobey, and you will be shot!" They drove, off, never to seen again.
------
"Can you believe, mom, its been 5 years, since he died? And now, I am leaving?"
"N-no...I am so-proud of you-be safe dear. I don't fully understand-why you have to go but-I love you..." Seth felt a tear in his eye as he hugged his mother. She was worn it it seemed, as she had 2 other kids to take care of. He hugged his little brother and sister, and left the house, with Aipom on his shoulder. He walked into the church.
"Welcome to the Acedia-Welcome Seth. It is time." The pastor had always been nice to Seth, but recently, he was more withdrawn, and more strict. Seth followed him into a back room, where the light was dim. Seth looked at Aipom, and walked in. The other preists were there, and Seth looked at them. A sword, and armor lay on the table. A small red amulet was there, and Seth gazed at it all.
"Seth Nightingale, from the village of Ferra, has been gifted. You have been granted, by the great god Rayquaza, with the power of Fire. Demonstrate this power to us."
"But-I have no idea what your talking-"
"Seth. Just focus your energy, and try to direct it at this peice of charcoal." Seth looked at it, then closed his eyes. He pointed his hand out, and tried to focus it. He was about to give up, when something strange coursed through him. It was a strange power, and he unleashed it in a sudden blast. The charcoal lit aflame, and Seth gazed at his power.
"Ai-pom!" The Aipom looked at Seth, and nuzzled his head against him. Seth saw the high priest get up and walk towards him. He tied the amulet around his neck, merely saying "Pick up the armor."
Seth nodded and fitted the armor. It was heavy, but Seth was able to fit into it. He picked up the sword, and it set ablaze. He gasped at it, and the priests explained everything to him. After a day of sacred training, Seth left the village he had grown up in, to make his father proud.
----
"Son of a *****! What is your ****ing problem!" The beast jumped from stump to stump. It jumped out, and showed its claws. Seth pulled the sword, and tried to slash. The white cat dodged, and roared.
"Zang-OOSE!" It slashed Seth, pinning him to the ground. He felt the world spin, and the cat was about to strike. A fist slammed into it's stomach, pushing it away.
"Ai-AIPOM!" The small monkey challenged the cat. It looked away, and ran off. Aipom fell onto its back.
"Ha thanks Aipom. I owe ya one." The monkey nodded, and Seth stood up. They walked through the woods, until a small gecko appeared.
"Tree! Tree Treeko!" It challenged Aipom. Aipom jumped down, and was ready to battle. The 2 small animals battled, until the Gecko showed its strength. Seth ran to it, before hitting it into the air with a small burst of energy. It landed on the ground. Seth's sword began to glow blue. He swung it at the Treeko, hitting it. Seth felt his sword vibrate wildly. He spun it, trying to gain control. He almost lost it before Aipom hit it with a Focus Punch, giving Seth control. He slammed it into the ground, signaling he caught the creature.
"Yeah Aipom! We did it! All right!" Seth and Aipom and his newly caught Treeko walked out of the woods, into a make shift camp. A small woman walked up to him.
"Are you Seth? Right this way." Seth walked into a hut, with multiple chairs and symbols. He sat down, and a fat man walked in.
"Attention sir, the others will be arriving shortly, if all goes well. Please, make yourselves at home."
Entry line or whatever: "Hoping for another Championship title, the Champion of the Island, SETH NIGHTINGALE!" Or, if I am losing, lol,
"Despite being shot down before, and needing this win to keep going, Seth Nightingale!" Or if I am winning lol,
"Having a solid sweep up the brackets, and attempting a solid victory, Seth!" Haha lol I wanna have all 3, if possible...

Hope this is good enough? Also, dude, did you read Tearen's post? Dude some freaky *** snake thing has attacked us! Its pretty sweet...dont you love that role play? I do...

Last edited:

TomDraco

I'm a /tr/ainer.
I join

Name: Tom Draco

Appearence: Appaerence: Tom is about 5' 7'' on the height scale, and 180lbs on the weight scale. He is a little chubby around the mid-section, but he isn't morbidly obese. He has wavy red-brown hair, and grey-blue eyes, and pale peach colored skin. He also a mole under his right eye, and blueish-blackish spots under his eyes, because of countless nights stargazing. Tom wears a black sports hoodie (if it is a little chilly out). Under that, he wears a blue t-shirt with the Dragonwing Badge symbol on it. For pants, Tom wears either khaki shorts (if warm) or khaki dress pants (if chilly). He also has a white Poketch on his right wrist, and he has black backpack that he uses during travel. He has white tennis shoes, and a khaki fishing hat.

Personality: Tom is a intelligent, deep thinker. He thinks at least 2 steps ahead most people, but that doesn't mean he takes the right step. Most of his judgements are from both his gut and his head, not a good combination. He also is an otaku, and he spends his free time drawing anime/manga. He's been called "nerd", "dork", and other insults because of this, and he holds a grudge against people who are against him. Also, because of his social rejection, most girls don't like him that much, so he's single and looking.

Pokemon Party:
Kingdra (F): Kingdra is Tom's only Dragon-type that he can use in this tourney. She was caught by Tom's father in Hoenn, and was given to Tom when he set out for the Kanto Pokemon League (Tom was age 13 when this happened). Kingdra looks up to Tom and one day hopes to be in Tom's party when he becomes a Gym Leader. Moves: Hydro Pump, Dragonbreath, Dragon Pulse, Ice Beam.
Muddy (Swampert) (M): Muddy was Tom's Hoenn starter when he started his Hoenn journey (Age 11). Muddy is one to question Tom's ideas and opinions, even though they've been through a lot.
Show me Your Moves!: Hydro Pump, Surf, Waterfall, Earthquake
Kamo Gomu (Golduck) (M): Kamo Gomu was caught during Tom's Kanto Journey (Age 13) as a Psyduck. Kamo has a tendency to cling onto people's backs when on land, because he doesn't like the dry ground. He and Swampert are competing for Kingdra's affection. Other features include bite marks on his tail. Moves: Psychic, Surf, Hydro Pump, Shadow Ball
Croconaw (F): The Johto starter Tom (age 15) got when he challenged the Johto Pokemon League. Croconaw is a tomboy, and likes to do everything rough. When she is mad at someone, she just lets loose, and crushes them. This, most notibly, is how Kamo gets the bite marks on his tail. She's jealous at Kingdra for "stealing" Kamo. Moves: Crunch, Waterfall, Slash, Aqua Tail
Dewgong (M): Dewgong is actually Tom's sister, Jay's, Pokemon. Her Dewgong holds the world record for being the heaviest Dewgong. It takes pride in the title, and he makes sure everyone knows it by jumping onto others, Tom being a victim to this many times. Moves: Ice Beam, Surf, Blizzard, Aurora Beam.
Dragonite (M): Dragonite isn't participating in the touney, but he's there just in case he wanted to battle with non-Water-types on the side. Dragonite was only a newborn Dratini, when his father gave it to Tom (Age 8). Tom trained it enough to where it was a Dragonair, but he had to leave for his Hoenn journey. Soon he came back, and Tom took Dragonair along on the Kanto journey. Dragonite looks up to and respects Tom as a master and a friend. Moves: Outrage, Dragon Rush, Flamethrower, Earthquake.

History: Tom is the son of Robert Draco, a well-known Dragon-type master, with status close to Lance. Robert replaced the 8th Gym Leader spot in Hoenn, due to Norman losing his spot, and Juan/Wallace(?) moving to 7th. The gym is based in Fallarbor Town, because of the proximity to Meteor Falls, and it's Dragon filled caves. Tom decided to train to become a Gym Trainer, and someday a Gym Leader, like his father. So, Tom set off and started various journeys across the various regions. Along for the ride, most of the time, was Tom's Ice-type loving sister, Jay. She has dreams of becoming a Ice-type Gym Leader. When Tom competed in the Hoenn Pokemon League Tournament, he finished in the Top 5, along with his sister, but he wanted to get stronger. So he decided to enter the Kanto Pokemon Leauge. In that tournament, Tom finished in 3rd, and Jay finished in 4th, after an intense battle. Currently, Tom is on his Johto Gym quest, with 6 badges, and he was heading to Cinawood Town to beat the gym there, but decided to rest, relax, and to win a tournament.

RP Example: "Ok, Dragonite, no pressure, it's only my sister's Froslass," Tom said to Dragonite. "Just use Flamethrower, and it'll be all over." Dragonite flapped his wings at Tom's command and flew at Froslass at blinding speed. Dragonite opened his mouth a few feet away from Froslass and unleashed a stream of hellfire from his mouth. The flames consumed Froslass, and after the smoke cleared, Froslass was burned from head to toe. Dragonite flew back to his smiling master, and maintained a defensive position. (Jay sends out her Dewgong, and withdraws her Froslass.) "Dragonite! This one will be a tough one. Dragon Rush, Dragonite!" Tom commanded. Dragonite once again flew at Dewgong, but Dragonite was flying right in a direct course into Dewgong. (Jay commands Dewgong to put its belly up.) Dragonite flys into Dewgong's blubbery belly and bounces back, right into Tom...

Intro: "On stage! The Drrragon Warrior from Fallarbor, Toooommm Drrrrracoooo!"

Last edited:

treespyro

Vintage much?
Name: Samantha Hill

Appearance: Sam has long Dark Chestnut hair which reaches up to her shoulders with an Silver Austrian Crystal Tiara Comb but she likes to vary her hairstyle depending on the occasion for example, a formal occasion wojuld make her hair into a Hollywood-esq bun. Her eyes are of Olive Green colour which works well with her skin. Her skin is of light intermediate colour and also perfect without blemishes. Her Body is of straight body shape with a mix of a petite figure. Her height is high-average and her bust size is moderate but may increased as she may wear a belt around that area. Her clothes consist of Short Sleeve V-Neck Blouse which is in Black, Dark Indigo Relaxed-Fit Bootcut Jeans and Black Leather Flats. Her formal attire for any functions is a Hazelnut Satin-Tie Waist Dress which is a Crossover-style dress accented with a satin tie at the waist and as shoes, she wears formal evening pair which is Silver dressy slingback heels.

Personality: Samantha or Sam as she likes to be called is a girl who likes to shop and battle. She is very competitive and strategic but not very tactical. Sam likes to play the bass as she carries it with her along with her clothes and shoes. She is a very headstrong person but doesn't attack for no reason. Sam is quite calm and is said to be a leader, loyal, smart and fashionable. She spends her time, Reading novels, shopping, training and being a normal girl. She is not the romantic type and doesn't believe in crushes and love at first sight which has given her the title of 'The Heartbreaker' by her friends. She is very popular and loves to interact with the locals which is due to her love of travelling. She is very critical of other people's choice of fashion but doesn't tell them however she is known to be very sarcastic once and a while. Sam will sometimes wear a Blue Solid Linen Wrap which is a scarf.

Pokemon Party:
1): Pelipper:
-Wing Attack
-Water Pulse
-Protect
-Shock Wave

Pelipper (M) is quite the happy pokemon of the group, He likes to act tough but is still trying to learn about herself. He was caught one day as Sam was fishing on a boat with her older sister and younger brother as they both caught Magikarps as Pelipper tried to eat them but Sam caught it to save them.

II): Yanmega
-Bug Bite
-Night Slash
-U-turn
-Bug Buzz

Yanmega (M) is quite the experienced campaigner as he spend a lot of time with Sam. He is very Smart and likes to keep out of trouble. He was caught in a cave when Sam was travelling with her father when she was young

III): Jolteon
-Thunder
-Rain Dance
-Agility
-Thunder Wave

Jolteon (M) is the Competitive one of the group, very aggressive and likes to keep to himself and Samantha. He was caught as an Eevee when Sam's Mother and Sam went to pick fruit at their summer retreat

IV): Walrein
-Ice Fang
-Blizzard
-Brine
-Body Slam

Walrein (M) is the bored and annoyed one of the group, he likes to tease and taunt the oppositition and was caught as Samantha tried to get it off her parent's boat but didn't want to hurt it

V): Slowking
-Water Pulse
-Psychic
-Headbutt
-Flamethrower

Slowking (M) is the Smartest of the team and is very calm, wise and experience. He only clings on Samantha but packs quite a punch. He was caught when Samantha found it, lonely along the reeds of a pond.

VI): Bellossom
-Magical Leaf
-Sunny Day
-Solarbeam
-Sludge Bomb

Bellossom (F) is exactly like Samantha, personality wise meaning that she was her first pokemon, raised from an Oddish. She is quite strong but is too hard on herself.

History: Samantha is the 2nd of a young middle class family situated in the city of Cherrygrove in Johto. Sam's mother was a musician and her father was a explorer who went travelling. Samantha idolised her father and wanted to travel like him but she didn't have the skills. Her older sister, Belinda went into contests and her younger brother went into sports after Samantha decided to go and just battle, train and explore the world. Samantha's journey wasn't the easiest but she met many people and learned a lot of things, just how she wanted it as well as winning battles however she always had her heart set on the Johto league but not the Whirl cup but due to her siblings pestering her about it, Sam decided to enter, to have a go and to gain some experience which can help her in the future. Her first pokemon was Oddish and she when young travelled with her father and mother as well as her siblings.

RP Sample:
Sam looked around, the city had nothing of her fancy. She sighed as she looked at her camera

Samantha was wearing a white plain blouse with black trousers as the light reflected off her camera, "Nothing much" she thought as she touched her hat as she could hear the people taking and the city life

"Next Stop ...." a booming voice echoed around the bus

"What to do" she thought looking at the travelling details,, "This will go well with there, No!, Not that" she frantically said.

"This is good" she thought looking at a picture of a store, "This would work with how much" she again frantically said

"What to do until we stop" she said not realising the time, "Oh wait, We have stopped that is why we haven't moved" she thought as she carried her luggage to the hotel

"Vermillion City" she thought, "Nice Place, looks modern but could I find a hotel sufficient enough and that has good ideas" she said as she walked around the city looking for a hotel and taking in the atmosphere of the city, "Found it" she squealed in delight in finding the hotel as she entered

"Can I have a room for Miss Samantha Hill, Your best please" she said taking out a credit card and giving it to the lobby, "Yes, Everything is in order, Miss Hill just fill in this and what ever you want on this paper" he said as Sam smiled and got a pen from the table and started filling in.

After the paperwork, Sam looked as she entered the elevator , "Nice Room, Hopefully" she thought as she walked in her room, "Wow It is!" she squealed in delight as she dumped her bag and opened her luggage brought by the bellboy, "I might get something to eat" she thought as she locked her room and walked down the stairs to find something to eat

Introductory Line: "The Glittering Prize from The Cherries, Here she is, Miss Samanthaaaaa Hillllllllll !!!"

Last edited:

Son_of_Shadows

Torpoleon: Reserved.

Stabberz: Reserved. Ah well. Worse things have happened.

Seth: LOVING the RP sample. However, you need another two lines for your personality, regardless of how much you hate it.. So, Pending. Nicknames for Pokemon, btw, are optional. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. And (I can't believe I'm going to say this.) snake?! Snake?! SNAAAAAAAKE!!!

TomDraco: Pending until you get your RP sample in. However, you also need another line for your appearance and personality, as well as two for your history.

Treespyro: Accepted. You always seem to go for the sexy, model-type characters. Still, I'm glad to be working with you again.

My character goes up later today. I've just woken up, and I have school in about an hour.

Last edited:

Parasite

ブラック☆スタ
Can I reserve a spot please? This looks fun ;D

Son_of_Shadows

Of course you both may. Both reserved.

However, I just realised something I forgot to put in the sign-up. Introduction lines!

Basically, each character, when entering a match, will be announced by the announcer. I want you to give me a custom introduction. For example.

"Here he is folks, The Newb from New Bark! John Jackson!" I'll put this into the sign-up form now. I cannot BELIEVE I forgot this!

Son_of_Shadows

Sorry for double post, but here comes my character.

Name: Joshua Colquhoun (You expected something else? Get real.)

Appearance: Joshua has straight black hair down to the nape of his neck, and blue eyes. He stands at roughly 6ft tall and 56kg. Joshua's face would be somewhat pleasant, if he didn't have such terrible acne. He has a slim build, and little muscle. Peach fuzz is also visible on his face, since he usually forgets to shave. Joshua's nose was broken, when he fell down the stairs recently, having forgotten to tie his shoelaces (There's a lesson there, kids!)

Joshua wears black jeans, along with a light blue t-shirt. He wears white, designer trainers on his feet. On top of this, he wears a grey hooded sweatshirt with the words "Does it for the lulz" written on it. This makes people think he doesn't take things seriously. This is incorrect, and he wears it to prove that you can't judge a book by it's cover. An analogue wristwatch is on his left wrist. He has no Poketch. Having been on the road for quite some time, his clothes are a little dusty, and his jeans somewhat faded, but he seems none the worse for wear, due to the fact that he's just become used to travelling.

Personality: Joshua is highly intelligent, but short-tempered. It is extremely easy to irritate him. Said temper is quite nasty, too, it makes him very sarcastic, and causes him to yell a lot, although it rarely results in physical violence, but under extreme provocation, it can. However, when at peace, Joshua is rational, logical, and able to reach logical conclusions quickly and easily. He is afraid of blood.

Joshua prefers to be alone, having a hatred and mistrust for most other humans. He believes himself to be physically weak (and he is), and unable to protect himself. He also lacks the necessary social skills to make friends, somewhat forcing him to be alone. All these things are aspects of his Asperger's Syndrome, a weak form of autism, which he was diagnosed with 6 years ago. He tends to take things literally and seriously.

Pokemon Party:
Aero (Male Espeon) - Aero was Joshua's first Pokemon, raised from an Eevee. It was a gift to him from his mother, and Joshua has favoured him more because of this. Aero's original name was Hairball, but Joshua changed it once he learned that Espeon can read air currents to predict the future (read his Pokedex entry, it's true!). Hairball often took pride of place on Joshua's shoulder. Calm Nature. Aero uses his ability to read air currents to predict the foe's move, then strike.
Moves: Psybeam, Morning Sun, Calm Mind, Quick Attack.

Feebas (Female Feebas) - Feebas is a new addition to Joshua's team, captured on his way to the Whirl Islands. As such, it's battling abilities are very weak, but Joshua is training her rigorously. Bold Nature. She mainly flops about to try and dodge, and strike back with Tackle, or Flail depending on the situation.
Moves: Splash, Tackle, Flail.

Nozzle (Male Seadra) - Nozzle was the first Water type Joshua captured in Kanto, as a Horsea, and it has been a faithful member of the team. Joshua fished him up in Fuschia City. He is an incredibly proud Pokemon, and despises losing more than anything. He has several battle scars on his thorax, due to his tendency to fight even when heavily injured. Joshua found a Dragon Scale in Mt. Mortar, but says it is up to Nozzle when he uses it. Adamant Nature. Nozzle goes all out with offensive moves, and doesn't know any defensive ones. He likes using Dragon Dance though.
Moves: Dragon Dance, Surf, Sludge Bomb, Return

Gem (Female Tentacruel) - Gem hates Joshua's guts. She, like Nozzle is incredibly proud, and was humiliated when Joshua captured her, as he used his Eevee to do so. (Gem was only a Tentacool at the time). He caught her near Vermilion City, while fishing. She rarely listens to Joshua's orders, preferring to spite her trainer, act of her own accord and even attack him if she's in a really foul mood. This is the reason Joshua lost in Indigo Plateau (see below) - Gem refused to listen to him. Sassy Nature. Gem acts of her own accord, and does basically the opposite of what Joshua asks. He rarely uses her because of this.
Moves: Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Poison Jab, Wrap.

Fritz (Male Flygon) - Fritz forms a direct contrast to Gem. He adores Joshua, believing him to be a great trainer. Caught as a humble Trapinch near Rock Tunnel, Fritz is a very lazy Pokemon who hates the air, so he tends to overuse Roost. He evolved from Vibrava to Flygon in Joshua's climactic final battle in Indigo Plateau, but was defeated by a Lapras. He blames himself for the loss, and constantly tries to make it up to his trainer by battling as hard as he can. Lax Nature. Fritz overuses Roost, and favours his Dragon Claw attack.
Moves: Roost, Dragon Claw, Fire Blast, Steel Wing.

War (Male Houndoom) - War helped Joshua incinerate Erika's Grass types, despite being a new addition (Houndour) at the time. He was caught outside Celadon City. War is quite an aggressive Pokemon, but fiercely loyal to his master, and he despises Gem. This is why he learned Solarbeam, to fight her off if needs be. Brave Nature. He uses Sunny Day to boost his own power, and then fire off mighty Flamethrowers and Solarbeams.
Moves: Sunny Day, Crunch, Flamethrower, Solarbeam.

History: Joshua's life has been fairly idyllic. Born and raised in Cerulean, he lived right next to the gym. As such, he learned to swim early on, and has always had a natural fondness for Water-types. His family are well off. At the age of 10, however, he was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, which explains his behaviour and nature. At the age of fourteen, he travelled around Kanto with his dad, as he wanted his son to "have experience of the world around him". Joshua loved what he saw. He and his dad saw beautiful scenery, magnificent Pokemon, and huge cities. Joshua was enthralled, and decided to become a trainer, so he could see all this again, but this time, he would have a destination - Indigo Plateau, following in the footsteps of Red. However, he believes he will never surpass this legendary trainer.

Joshua departed Cerulean as a trainer at 15. He made it all the way to Indigo Plateau, but was defeated in the finals by an incredibly strong trainer, despite Fritz's mid-battle evolution to Flygon. Humiliated by his loss, Joshua decided not to return to Cerulean for a while. Since his loss, he has been travelling in Johto, trying to become stronger.

RP Sample: Since I'm the GM, I know my own style, and see no need for myself to write one. Nya!

Introductory Line: "Enter the rolling wave of Cerulean... Joshua A. Colquhoun!"

Stabberz

The RPG Godfather
Name: Jason, Friends call him Topaz

Appearance: Jason, has scruffy, spiky, shoulder length hair , that is held back from hanging over his eyes with a black headband that has a golden half circle on it, he wears a large Gray top, which has a golden pattern on it, he wears baggy black jeans which cover up most of his white and gold trainers, he is extremely handsome, and has Topaz coloured eyes hence his nick name. he also wears a large sword on his back, only used when he sees team rocket, if you were to peel back his clothes you would see the scars on his back and torso, he numerous bruises as well as the scars, he has never shown any one these and covers them up when he's asleep, the skin on his torso is darker than his face thanks to the number of wounds.

Personality: Jason is....... cautious he has had a bad past and refuses to let anyone get to close to him, he keeps friends but will stay pretty far away from them emotionally, he gets angry easily, and hates the weak, he has learned that only the strong survive and because of this he will bad mouth people he beats, and gets into a lot of fights, he is good with women, and will flirt a lot with them, he doesn't like to settle with them for reasons concerning his past. He has a strong hatred for team rocket and has killed before, he is often seen glancing into space, he spends this time wondering how his life could have been different. he is a natural born leader, but won't take charge of anything, his Pokémon and friends lives are more important to him than there own.

Pokemon Party:
Feraligatr: Superpower, Ice Beam, Hydro Pump, and Dragon Pulse.
Feraligatr was Jason's first Pokemon and acts exactly like its master. It was caught in Sunnyshore City in Sinnoh.

Octillery : Flame-thrower, Energy Ball, Surf, and Psychic.
Octillery, is a new Pokemon, it is very powerful and proud of it, it refuses to be beaten in battle, and is very big headed.

Milotic: Ice Beam, Mirror Coat, Dragon Pulse and Surf
Milotic, is extremely feminine, it has an extremely close bond with its master and will protect him at all costs.

History: Jason, had an easy life, until he became a trainer at the age of 13, but as soon as he began travelling his life turned harsh, his starter Pokemon was stolen, and he was left for dead, he woke up and vowed he would get his revenge, two years later and he found the people who had left him for dead, and attacked and killed them with his Feraligatr, he then settled down for a bit and got himself a girlfriend, when he was 18 he proposed and she said yes, but on the night of there wedding, the friends of the people who Jason had killed attacked his wife and killed her, Jason later found out that it had been team rocket, he went after them and killed them one by one, after this he left to go into solitude upon the Whirl Islands, he caught his other Pokemon there, he later found out about the competion and decided to chance coming out in the open and participate

RP Sample:
"You battle now!" a voice from behind Ryan roared.

"If you wish to get you *** handed to you on a platter then I guess I will have to comply" Ryan replied a smirk crossing his face.

"Whatever Emo" the boy yelled referring to Ryan's hair and attire," Kong lets go" he said throwing a blue and white orb with a red seal, that burst open to reveal a Nidoking, its purple horn pointed into a wicked point, its muscles rippling as it posed.

"Blade, its an easy one" he muttered just loud enough for his opponent to hear which prompted an outburst of mass proportion.

"Leaf" Blade called running to stand by its master, its scar visible as it sat obidently besides him.

"I think we'll start thing with a quick attack" Ryan whispered to Blade who acknowledged him with a nod before charging at his opponent faster than the human eye could see, and smashing into the rival Pokemon with so much power that it was forced to stagger backwards.

"Fine my move, Body Slam" the boy roared, as the giant purple Pokemon charged at Blade its eyes dead set, its feet stomping high above the ground as it ran.

"Grass Knot" Ryan muttered his hair over one eye a grin on his face.

"Lea Lea" Blade cried glowing a bright green and roaring, causing the grass just in front of the Nidoking's feet to spring up and form a knot tripping the stampeding Pokemon over and sending it sliding face first, coming to a stop a foot away from Blade.

"Now Hyper Beam" Ryan muttered flicking the hair up out of his eyes only for it to fall back in place again.

"Leeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" Blade cried launching a blade of pure energy straight out of its mouth to smash straight into the Nidoking's face causing it to fly up and backward straight into its trainer.

"I guess I win" Ryan said as Blade came to stand besides him,"lets go buddy" he muttered and together they turned and walked along the street.

Introductory Line: He's cool he's cold, he's the Gold Standard, Jason!!!

I Turst this is Satisfactory.

Here is a Pic of Him:
we54aw9495024822-iaza.gif

Last edited:

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Hmm... I have to say that I think writing battles is one of my weaker points. But I'd like to work on that and the challenge of sticking to one type sounds like a good place to start. So here goes.

Name: Vincent Starmie

Appearance: Vincent is awkwardly tall at a little over six foot, with rather long legs and arms. He has short muddy brown hair and light green eyes. He has a slight tan from spending a lot of time on deep sea dive teams.

Due to his body shape, not many clothes fit him well. His shirts are loose-fitting and he really has to search for pants that are long enough in his size. Because of that, he goes with what fits comfortably. He usually wears ‘SIO’ shirts to advertise his school. Vincent’s sight is poor, so he always wears oval-shaped steel-rimmed glasses.

Personality: As a student of the sciences, Vincent is interested in facts. He can be clinical in the way he speaks about things, making him seem stand-offish, boring, or even harsh. But he does care about those close to him. This is easily evident in how much his Pokemon like him. Although he is smart, he’s not too sure what to do in purely social situations. He gets particularly nervous when talking to a pretty woman.

He doesn’t hold grudges when battling. If he is defeated, he is more likely to ask his opponent about strategies and training techniques than to be bitter. Then again, he’ll ask about that when he wins too. He sees battle as ‘case studies’ to see how different Pokemon act and react to various stimuli.

Pokemon Party:
1. Fang (Huntail): Crunch, Water Pulse, Scary Face, Body Slam
One of the Clamperl study subjects, Fang is aggressive. He loves to frighten others. He was captured north of Sootopolis.
2. Pearl (Gorebyss): Psychic, Amnesia, Aqua Ring, Facade
Another Clamperl subject, Pearl is sly. She likes to flirt with Fang. She was captured on another dive, east of Ever Grande.
3. Isis (Lanturn): Discharge, Thunder Wave, Confuse Ray, Take Down
Isis is playful. She helps Vincent when diving, as a light for the murky depths. She was captured as a Chinchou outside of Sootopolis.
4. Captain (Sharpedo): Swagger, Crunch, Slash, Toxic
You might expect Captain to be like Fang, but no. He’s actually quite mild-mannered. He was captured as a Sharpedo near Mossdeep.
5. Minerva (Feebas): Splash
Minerva’s well on her way to becoming a Milotic and it shows. Her fins are fuller than other Feebas and she could be described as pretty. But even if she does evolve soon, she’s not ready to participate in the Cup. She’s a bit of a princess. She was captured after a month of searching and observing specifically for Vincent’s research.

History: Vincent is a top student of the Slateport Institute of Oceanography, and thus is quite capable of giving hour long lectures on how Water Pokemon function. Does that mean he’s a good battler? Maybe, maybe not. He got into the Water-type, in particular deep sea Pokemon, by choosing to study deep-sea ecosystems when he was in high school. Clamperl was his first in-depth subject, as evidenced by his team. At one point, he owned six Clamperls for sake of this study.

Doing research on Pokemon means eventually getting around to studying how they perform in battle. After observing many battles, Vincent built his own team and has been testing them. His school sends representatives to Johto for the Whirl Cup preliminaries and this team has managed to get through the school and Cup qualifications. Vincent is a little surprised to have made it this far, but now that he’s a contender, he will do his best to help his team go far.

His most recent in-depth study is Feebas. Other researchers may have deemed them worthless, but Vincent knows people used to think the same of Magikarp. He learned of the Beauty evolution from the Slateport Contest Hall, and thus is study her carefully as they work on building to that.

Introductory line: Representing the Slateport Institute of Oceanography, here's the deep-sea researcher, Vincent Starmie!

(Although you'd think that they'd come up with new lines for each battle.)

RP Sample: Rain pattering on the plastic tent and plipping into the lake had long since become a background noise. The cup of black tea had gone from hot to lukewarm with hardly any sips. Vincent’s attention was centered on his laptop. It was waterproof, an absolute necessity of his job. Still, the constant rains of this area was enough of a hazard to warrant the shelter.

“Subject 04-19-28,” he said to himself. “Male. Looks like part of his tail fin was bit off. Settled into the mud. Not sure if he would be useful, but marking location.” He brought up a screen with a map of the lake and touched a point on it. Then he swapped back to the main screen

This was linked to a small aquatic robot with a camera. It was something he’d borrowed from the university. But if he came up with nothing from its use, he’d have to pay a hefty fine for it. He had already taken a risk in using this technology to study wild Feebas, something SIO wasn’t interested in. Still, if he could demystify the Coordinators’ methods of obtaining a Milotic, it would be very valuable information.

He felt a bump from a wet nose on his foot, so looked down. The pink face of his Gorebyss looked back; he had set himself up near the lakeside, so that his Pokemon were free to swim or visit him. He reached down and patted her. “Hey, Pearl. I can see why they suggested getting one from a breeder. This is just mind-numbing. I’m even using a camera and it’s taking forever. Still, the behaviors are more natural from a wild-caught specimen.”

He turned back to the screen and saw that the robot had found another Feebas. He had heard they needed to evolve through Beauty. It sounded unlikely at first, but observations on Milotic seemed to uphold that. For his attempt, he wanted to start with one that already cared for how it looked. A Feebas like that was proving hard to find.

“Okay, Subject 04-19-29... Female. Her scales look worn, but she’s rubbing against a rock, presumably to remove the dead ones. Hmm... that’s the most promising sign I’ve seen yet.” He leaned down and snapped his fingers. “Isis!”

Pearl slid aside as the Lanturn came up to the surface. She flicked her glowing antenna. “<Are we gonna play a game?>”

“I’ve got the camera on the one I want. Go find the robot and paralyze the Feebas. And stick near her so that the Carvanhas don’t attack. I’ll be there in a minute.”

“<Roger.>” Isis ducked back under the surface. Vincent took control of the robot to follow the target until she got struck by Thunder Wave. Then he took his raft to the spot marked by Isis’ glow.

Manaphy Mare

1000 Words
Here's my SU:

Name: Senshi Kokorono
Appearance: Senshi's build is best described as a mix of a martial artist and a cross-country runner. His hair is naturally mint green and teased up to resemble the style that Odd Della Robbia from Code Lyoko has. His eyes have a golden hue to them with pupils that are flat on the top and bottom and curve outward at the sides. He wears a log sleeved, white shirt that resembles that of Takuto from Fullmoon and a pair of gold-hued jeans. He will occasionally wear a white, short sleeved hoodie with gold-hued trim on the hood and sleeves. He wears a gold, rectangular earring on his left ear, it is about 1cm long and hugs the ear. It is along the lower cartilage and has the emblem of St. Michael inlaid in pearl.
Personality: Senshi is one of the wisest people anyone will ever meet. He cares about all life, and will often put someone else's safety before his. His most obvious qualities are his extremely strong sense of justice and his strong faith. He is always kind and caring. His tendency to be emotional often gets annoying for anyone who doesn’t know him well; however this also makes him more sensitive to other’s emotions.
Some of Senshi’s faults are his tendency to be easily distracted and the fact he has a major inferiority complex when it comes to singing (despite his beautiful baritone (nearly tenor) voice). He also can be a major klutz. He has also been known to be scatterbrained at times. He is often described as a dreamer, because he is so often hopeful even when all hope seems to be lost. Senshi is often described as a calm crybaby but at the same time he can be very energetic. He is an absolute pacifist and will only fight if he or a close friend is in immediate danger.
Pokemon Party:
Cupid (Luvdisc)- Senshi’s starter and most trusted companion. Like his name would imply, he tends to be a matchmaker at times. He is more used as a contest appeal round, but he will occasionally battle (usually in 2v2).
~Aqua Ring
~Water Pulse
~Blizzard
~Ice Beam
Omako- A smaller-than-average, shiny Omanyte. Matsu hatched her himself. She tends to act spoiled and can occasionally be a brat. She is used solely for contest appeals.
~Bubble Beam
~Protect
~Ice Beam
~Aurora Beam
Gabi- A fairly typical Wingull, she has a darker-colored beak. She tends to be fairly loudmouthed. Senshi caught her on route 134.
~Mist
~Aerial Ace
~Twister
~Swift
Azu- A typical Azumaril, she is one of the few pokemon Senshi has that has no quirks. She tends to worry about others and can be protective of Senshi, she occasionally borders on being overprotective. She is one of Senshi’s powerhouses. She was caught, as a Maril, on Route 120
~Aqua Tail
~Hydro Pump
~Aqua Ring
~Ice Beam
Gargar- A typical Gyardos, she is the only pokemon—on Matsu’s team—who can speak English. Unlike most Gyardos, she is a peaceful pokemon. She is calm and stoic, not easily angered. She is one of Senshi’s powerhouses. She was caught, as a Magikarp, while fishing off Mt. Pyre
~Dragon Dance
~Water Pulse
~Blizzard
~Icy Wind
History: Matsu was born in Evergrande City. Despite growing up where the Hoenn league championships were held, he did not like battling that much. On his 10th birthday his father gave him several things things: a wood rosary, a pokenav, a good rod, and six pokeballs. He was fishing of the coast of Evergrande when he reeled in a beat up looking luvdisc. He threw one of the pokeballs at it and caught it with little effort. He then took the pokemon to the local pokemon center. After his Luvdisc, who he decided to call cupid, was fully healed, the two of them set out on a journey together. The two met many new pokemon and had many adventures on their way to the ribbon cup. Senshi managed to obtain the five necessary ribbons, and placed in the top eight of the Hoenn Grand Festival. He was traveling in Johto and heard about the Whirl Cup after his second contest ribbon on one of the Whirl Islands.
RP Sample: A young, strawberry-blond werecat was walking in a graveyard. Her white bow fluttering in the light breeze. Her lavender eyes welled with tears. In her hand she held a white rose. She approached a grave with a peculiar emblem engraved in it, a bat with angelic wings. As she laid the rose atop the grave she paused, tears flowing down her face. 'It's been two years now.' she thought. She then turned and left the sea of graves and went into the town.
The town had started to recover from the fires that ravaged. An explosion sounded somewhere in the distance. She walked past a manor house that seemed to be abandoned. In one of the windows, however, she caught a glimpse of someone in the window. She walked up to the door and opened it slightly. "Hello," she called, "Is anyone in here?"
A twig snapped behind her. Nyanko wheeled around on the spot, her heart was racing. "Who's there!" she demanded, her voice started to squeak with fright. No one answered. "I'm warning you, my mother taught me how to fight."
An elf leapt from a hiding spot and shouted, "Die, halfbreed scum!"
Nyanko dodged the attack and retaliated with a punch. She quickly ducked inside the building and barricaded the door. She sprinted up the stairs and turned the corner. She then saw, standing there, a woman. She wore a bikini top and pants. Covering those was a black cloak. She was, at first, scared because she was facing another purebreed, but then sighed from relief when she realized that she was a vampire.
She then heard the elf's shouts echo from downstairs. There were now several more shouts echoing after his. She turned to the vampire and said, "It looks like we'll have to fight our way out of here if we want to leave. I'm Nyanko, by the way."

Introductory Line: A coordinator from the Hoenn League Championships’ hometown, Senshi Kokorono takes the stage!

Other: Senshi has mastered the rabbit style of Kung-fu.

Last edited:

Son_of_Shadows

*cracks knuckles* Okay, here we go...

Seth1789110: Fine. Accepted. You may well end up using all three, as people are welcome to submit new introductory lines at any time in the RPG Cafe Thread I'll put up. It will start once we have enough people. Be patient.

TomDraco: You need another line for your appearance, and you're good. I feel like you're overusing "Tom told Dragonite" in your sample, however. Still pending.

Stabberz: Another line for appearance and personality, and you're fine. Pending.

Ysavvryl: Accepted.

Manaphy Mare: Um... You completely skipped appearance and personality. Also, Gyarados does not learn Aqua Jet. Otherwise, it seems fine, so, pending.