• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Whistle Stop! (130)

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Good episode, i loved those Ledyba.

And TR was so mean to them (Arbok) but i was happy to see the Ledyba returning to their trainer.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Kinda bland to be honest, Ledyba had a lot of potential in the anime but it was reduced to playing a small role in this Filler episode. I liked the whole "trained with a whistle" concept, it's just that it could've been planned better. Maybe they could've had several Bug-types featured in this episode and not just Ledyba. A 3/10 because it wasn't a fun Filler.

Last edited:

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
This is my favorite kind of Jouto episode - the kind that makes up for its lack of a decent plot with a lot of funny Rocket-dan stuff. It's got a lot in common with the Kereihana episode in that regard. Right from the beginning, Musashi-tachi steal the show with Nyasu's crude kindergarten drawing-style fantasy of what'll happen to Satoshi-tachi when they cross the bridge (which had me giggling like a fool, I'll admit it). And then they get all the really great scenes throughout the rest of the episode, too. This episode's prerequisite "laugh out loud" moment belonged to them, when the entire swarm of Ledyba buzzes so hard that they spray all their collected pollen onto them, then flies too low through the forest and drags them along the ground.

It's a perfect example of what Musashi, Kojirou, and Nyasu can do to rescue an episode from mediocrity. And this episode was dangerously close to swimming in it, as Mokoto is a rather unengaging character. Though I will give her this, she's got more depth than her Ledyba. Seriously, the six of them act as a single unit throughout the entire episode, and never come close to exhibiting anything resembling a personality. If the aim of each Jouto episode is to take one Generation II Pokémon, show it to the audience, and say "Look how cool this thing is" for 24 minutes, then this episode didn't even come close to pulling it off. Maybe they figured since Ledyba had already been shown off in the Pikachu short from the second movie earlier in the year, they could get away with dumping it in a boring story like this 'cause everyone had already seen it. (That'd certainly help to explain why the Donfan, Kereihana, and Hoho episodes were so dull; I guess the Bull episode was a fluke.)

Still, there was one moment from the Satoshi-tachi stuff that made me laugh. When Takeshi sends out his Zubat to look for the Ledyba, Satoshi says "Zubat?" like he forgot that Takeshi even had one. Again, it's like the show is slyly commenting on itself.

saar

Shiny Flygon
This episode wasn't one of my favorites, but I'm happy Lickitung got screentime in it. Not to mention Arbok, but Jessie used Arbok in almost every episode.
The part I love was toward the end, when Ariellle hugged her Ledyba. Nice.

erebus

LOL "Leo Burnett and 4Kids are the Devil!"????? Someone got rebellious towards the end of their contract!

RickHoenn

Banned
Meh, it wasn't that interesting, like always I loved Brock's flirting <3 6/10

Jorah

What do I put here?
It was an okay episode. I can come up with many episodes that are more entertaining than this one. This was just a really bad episode.

G50

No longer posting
This was an ok episode. This was a really cool way to introduce Ledyba for the 1st time. Too bad this was the only way they could think of to use it.

16/100

Great episode, from a great season, of a great saga! Nothing's wrong with fillers if they are enjoyable! The way the Ledyba defeated Team Rocket was great! Ledyba is one of my favourite Pokemon, and those six baby Ledyba are so f*cking adorable! <3

Last edited:

Blessed

This episode was kinda boring, but I liked how Misty wasn't afraid of Ledyba despite it being a bug pokemon, also When Misty understood what Ariel said, Ash grinned at her saying if he could explain it to her, that was cute lol.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
This episode was kinda boring, but I liked how Misty wasn't afraid of Ledyba despite it being a bug pokemon, also When Misty understood what Ariel said, Ash grinned at her saying if he could explain it to her, that was cute lol.

Misty wasn't afraid of many bug Pokemon like Heracross.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Misty wasn't afraid of many bug Pokemon like Heracross.

Apparently, Heracross doesn't really fall into the creepy category, like, say, Pinsir or Caterpie.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
It's Blissey!
Ledyba flying looked really fun! This was a good episode, even though nothing too exciting happened. At least the way Ledyba defeated Team Rocket was fun to watch!

32er

TM87? I got TM32 :]
I hate this episode, in my opinion it's the worst episode ever.
I literally fell asleep watching it all those years ago, and I really wish they could have introduced Ledyba in a better way.
The episode is just too bland, it just wasn't enjoyable like other Johto fillers such as The Wayward Wobbuffet.
2/10

7threst

While this episode proven to be quite standard, after watching through it all, I was surprisingly quite amused in a way. I think the character of the day was quite good, whereas the Ledyba's were in no way, shape or form different from each other.

I don't know why. But, I felt sad when Team Rocket saw the COTD's Ledyba. Maybe because she had short hair. Lickitung performing Supersonic for the first time was good as well.

zhixun

This episode was quite boring since it was nothing more than a Pokémon debut. The only part I found funny in this episode was Heracros climb on the tree and ate something when Satoshi asked him to help the group of Rediba.