• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Wii is Dead

Rezzo

Occasionally
Today I just sold all my Wii games ...Except Wii Sports. To me, it seems like the Wii is dying quicker every day. It lacks game update support, HD/3D compatibility, and its rivals are rooting in triumph in its face whilst bragging both of these abilities. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those folk who think that the Wii is horrible and it never should have been invented, it's just that I feel like a fool sitting down playing it when I could be playing on something that supports the multitude of things that it doesn't. It's now entering a phase in which there is nothing interesting at all (in my opinion) about to be released for this underachieving little thing, which makes me a little tearful.

So discuss, is the Nintendo Wii a dead console?

BCVM22

this underachieving little thing

Now hold on there. I know you're talking from a technical standpoint, but all things considered, didn't the Wii overachieve tremendously if anything?

So discuss, is the Nintendo Wii a dead console?

Not as long as Nintendo and the major third-party developers still have upcoming releases on the schedule. If those get moved to this rumored new system or cancelled outright, then you can mourn the Wii.

Rezzo

Occasionally
Now hold on there. I know you're talking from a technical standpoint, but all things considered, didn't the Wii overachieve tremendously if anything?

Can't argue with that. It did overachieve from a Nintendo point of view. But it still sucks.
Not as long as Nintendo and the major third-party developers still have upcoming releases on the schedule. If those get moved to this rumored new system or cancelled outright, then you can mourn the Wii.

Don't like any of them. It's dead for me.

ForeverFlame

Not if Nintendo releases Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower in North America. That would end the drought, at any rate.

Skyward Sword would rejuvenate the Wii, but I have an uncanny feeling that it'll be Twilight Princess'd.

Slick

Banned
I've known that since I beat NMH2.

BCVM22

But it still sucks.

Don't like any of them. It's dead for me.

OK, and that's all well and good, but you not having a very high opinion of the titles left on the schedule is apropos of nothing.

That such titles are still scheduled is what matters. "Dead to you" is not at all tantamount to actually dead, which is ostensibly what you created this thread to ask.

2006-2011

2011 isn't the death knell yet. Depends entirely on when Nintendo intends to get this new console out.

And even if it does end up being this year, five years has been the standard for Nintendo's last two consoles. It's not as if the Wii died prematurely.

woot21

super noob
Uh huh. Moving on.
I C WAT U DID THERE

As for it being a bad control scheme go play Wii Sports Resort and say it isn't good. Personally I'm excited about Skyward Sword.

woot21 out dawgs

Dattebayo

Banned
The Wii isn't dead, yet. You've just lost interest and became one of those goofballs who believe HD is the most important of all when really it isn't. The GCN had superior graphics back then, but the PS2 still outsold it. That means the console with the most horrible graphics has some of the best games out there.

Rezzo

Occasionally
OK, and that's all well and good, but you not having a very high opinion of the titles left on the schedule is apropos of nothing.

That such titles are still scheduled is what matters. "Dead to you" is not at all tantamount to actually dead, which is ostensibly what you created this thread to ask.

I did mean to ask more from the opinion side of things though, even though my OP didn't state that very well. Of course the Wii isn't actually dead yet as you have previously stated, as there are some... possibly good games left in its dying days to come.

The Wii isn't dead, yet. You've just lost interest and became one of those goofballs who believe HD is the most important of all when really it isn't.

Wrong. I just think that the array of games that are actually on the Wii aren't as good as what the PS3/360 has to offer. As far as graphics go, both Super Mario Galaxy and SSBB look fantastic on the Wii, especially since it doesn't support HD resolution.

Last edited:

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
Yeah, the Wii is dead. That's why they're coming out with Wii 2.

And instead of posting a link, I'll just let you search it on Google.

BCVM22

No system is dead until the notable software stops and its successor is released. Neither is the case with the Wii yet. It's that simple.

Dying? Maybe, but dying isn't dead. Yet.