• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Wii is Dead

Derp

[Something funny]
Fine I have not seen or heard much about it thought so thats why I addressed it as "Wii2" but thanks ^_^

ChuckNorris

Seems like it. I wouldn't sell it though, with Skyward Sword coming out soon.

Zazie

So 1991
Irrelevant is the word we're looking for here. Gamecube died in 2006, but there was a sentiment that it didn't mean much after 2004 (I've heard 2003, but that would be nonsense as the Cube got several of its best games in 04'). Likewise, the Wii has done relatively little of late to generate interest to a good deal of the gaming populace.

Well the Gamecube started toi be irrelevant after the DS was released and Nintendo started focusing it s attention on it. Since the 3DS has now been released I can see a similar thing happening causing less notable game to be released for the Wii. Then again I am not all that familiar with the Wii's release schedule this year and E3 is coming up soon, so I am not making a claim as to whether or not the Wii is irrelevant.

Harmonie

♫ Ad vivere
Was the Wii ever alive to die? Lol.

The most gameplay I got out of it was right after the games came out. None of them had lasting value whatsoever. It's very sad compared to the N64 and GCN where games had tons of gameplay value, but there's also the factor that I am no longer a kid. I got the Wii when I was 19...

So yeah, after Skyward Sword comes out and I finish it, the console is dead to me. I'm glad that we are getting SS, though. It has the potential to somewhat justify having got a Wii. Zelda games are that good. And more replayable than any of the multiplayer games that were supposed to be replayable on the Wii. lol

After SS, it can die, hopefully with all of the pain in the rear motion control gimmick stuff with it.

Typhlosionvsworld

Y u mad bro?
The Wii was awesome when it came out. It had lots of commercials, and many games came exclusively for it. I still find amusement in my Wii, but it is soon to be replaced with Nintendo's new console that will send the Wii the way of the GameCube.

As I find amusement in my ii games, I wouldn't sell them or my Wii unless I really had to. If games are no longer made for the Wii, its death will be imminent, somewhat like a looming shadow.

BCVM22

Is there really merit to responding to the first post a month later, after all the points have been thoroughly dissected and countered?

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
wii isnt deaD. theyre just geating beaten by 360 and ps3 all day. personally though, im an x box fan cause thats the console i like playing cod on most

Rezzo

Occasionally
It has DLC : \
I didn't say it doesn't.
Also, the Wi-Fi services are free.
So is PSN.
And um, iirc XBOX 360/PS3 don't have 3D capability.
You remembered incorrectly dawg, did you just fancy trolling?
Also HD Graphics mean nothing.
While I 100% agree with that statement, it's something that Wii's competitors have that it doesn't, so it was worth bringing up

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
wii isnt deaD. theyre just geating beaten by 360 and ps3 all day.

basically this (although I wont say "beaten"). they have different marketing strategies. party and classic franchises vs. competitive gaming. motion vs. HD. consider that the wii version of madden is (was) closer to ps2 in terms of gameplay than ps3. it has done well despite being subpar in terms of specs though. I talked with the guy at gamestop this week and he mentioned how they managed to sell out around christmas for 4 years (thats what you get when kids/families are your targets lol).

I just hope wii2/project cafe is on par with "ps4/xbox 720" tech-wise so it doesnt get passed over by 3rd party developers for games like CoD (no mw2 for wii)/ ncaa football

Chaotic Houndoom

Dark Trainer
Sad But true the wii now dies. I was expecting them to announce some new games at E3, but they didnt. I've noticed in some threads else where, that there hasnt been activity. I'm guessing because of the Wii U hype.

Anyway, now that they're focused on Wii U and 3DS, sad but true, the Wii may not be dead just yet. But slowly it is now.

Enviros

Banned
Was the Wii ever alive to die? Lol.

The most gameplay I got out of it was right after the games came out. None of them had lasting value whatsoever. It's very sad compared to the N64 and GCN where games had tons of gameplay value, but there's also the factor that I am no longer a kid. I got the Wii when I was 19...

So yeah, after Skyward Sword comes out and I finish it, the console is dead to me. I'm glad that we are getting SS, though. It has the potential to somewhat justify having got a Wii. Zelda games are that good. And more replayable than any of the multiplayer games that were supposed to be replayable on the Wii. lol

After SS, it can die, hopefully with all of the pain in the rear motion control gimmick stuff with it.

Something tells me you haven't played many Wii games...

C'mon, seriously, the Wii has tons of amazing games that people just seem to totally overlook sometimes.

Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy/2, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Metroid Prime 3, Red Steel, MadWorld/2, Monster Hunter Tri, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Mario Kart Wii, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Epic Mickey, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Metroid Prime Trilogy, etc.

Rezzo

Occasionally
Something tells me you haven't played many Wii games...

C'mon, seriously, the Wii has tons of amazing games that people just seem to totally overlook sometimes.

Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy/2, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Metroid Prime 3, Red Steel, MadWorld/2, Monster Hunter Tri, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Mario Kart Wii, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Epic Mickey, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Metroid Prime Trilogy, etc.

How did you forget Wii Sports?

Kabutopzilla

En Prócsem
It's not dead, it's just a flesh wound. Now it's going to bleed on you. And it'll bite your legs off!

I think King Arthur the Wii U won this fight, folks... it's just leaving the Wii for dead as it slowly trots away to reach Camelot the public's mass attention.

:D

But seriously. It's not dead. Dying, maybe, but not dead.

(Why didn't Nintendo call the new system the "Uss"? It would've been so much more creative!)