• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Wii U

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCVM22

The WiiMotes cost like, 20 bucks alone (atleast in my home town)
I assume extra new controllers are going to be 30+ plus

A Wii Remote (Plus) and Nunchuck/Classic together cost $60 ($40 for the Remote and $20 for the Nunchuck/Classic) in American dollars, so let's not pretend the concept of modern controllers costing more than past models is something new.

And again, even putting aside the fact that Nintendo, being who they are, is not unaware that they're going to be asking people to buy multiples of these, how can you make any proclamations about the cost when we know none of the pricing yet?

725roy

ambivolent
One of my hopes is that they'll still be able to play Wii games and even hopefully Gamecube games...

BCVM22

As usual, they made full backwards compatibility with the Wii perfectly clear in the presentation materials.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
As usual, they made full backwards compatibility with the Wii perfectly clear in the presentation materials.

Yes, but they didn't touch on Gamecube compatibility.

pokemon player

Sylveon, tho.
That means i'm going to have to keep my Wii, because I quite like my Gamecube games.

Trainer Orange

Pokémon Runner
GameCube wasn't mentioned one way or the other in the presentation, so we may have to wait a bit for all the details to come out. Someday we'll probably be able to download them all, but that's probably another console or two down the road.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Oh well. It dosen't matter that much. I'll have my WiiU and Gamecube side by side.

Blazios

I hope it supports the GC controllers, just so I can play Brawl on it. Blasted dual layered discs...

Trainer Orange

Pokémon Runner
Can't you just imagine a Pokémon game where you're standing in the middle of tall grass and you use the new controller to look up, down, and 360° around you to find Pokémon? Then throw a Pokéball with the Wiimote!

Arsène

Why is there even mention of Gamecube backwards compatibility in this thread? Nintendo isn't going to beat a tired and dead horse any longer.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
I see potential with using your own screen on the controller for multiplayer games in-person. I imagine "PBR2" comes out your pokemons moves will be on your private screen. I like madden and using your own controller to go over your entire playbook while not giving a heads-up to your competition would be great

Trainer Orange

Pokémon Runner
Are you saying Brawl isn't a proper fighting game?

Compared to something like Tekken? Sorry, but no. It's a great game to be sure, though.

I see potential with using your own screen on the controller for multiplayer games in-person. I imagine "PBR2" comes out your pokemons moves will be on your private screen. I like madden and using your own controller to go over your entire playbook while not giving a heads-up to your competition would be great

Exactly! Wii U could become the go to platform for Madden. Drawing your own plays in the huddle would be awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.