• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Wii U

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasholon

my very first impression was "lol wut!?!?!!" but then after watching the demos and watching that amazing 3rd party support, i cant help but think that this new generation of consoles will fundamentally be different based on exclusives. Yes, this is the start of the next generation of consoles. Of course when Sony and Microsoft create their systems, they will be much more powerful than the WiiU but that core 3rd party support, in my opinion, will be there for all three consoles. Look at the multiplats it showcased: Ghost recon, Metro Last Light, Batman Arkham City, and even Battlefield 3 when the EA guy came out. Those are games that wouldnt even be considered for the Wii. Hell, the wii is probably not even mentioned when they decide to create these games. With titles like those coming out and a future for strong 3rd party support, it puts it in your mind wondering "which console should I get?" I can see great features used with the controller if the developers decide to make use of it.

Based on the controller and backwards compatibility with the Wii controllers, I hope they make WiiU specific controllers based around the Classic controller pro. I would probably get a hand cramp holding that thing for hours while playing a shooter.

Aegon

I'm very excited about this. It looks sleek, and offers something unique. Plus, HD-compatibility! That Zelda demo looked beautiful!

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
This shouldn't be funny, but it is.

here-come-the-police.png

paxromana

Goin to camp 7/3-7/9
they said that yes, it is indeed a new console, and it is back-compatible with wii games, but very little else.
The american COO later said, in an interview with G4, that this press release was designed to focus on the controller, and more details on the console would be released later.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
The WiiU looks pretty amazing I can't wait to get my hand on that bad boy.

SmartD

I watched the trailer for the Wii U. The features for the controller is so amazing. I definitely want to buy this.

Dattebayo

Banned
So wait, the Wii U controller doesn't work like a portable console? Well that stinks, the trailer lied to me.

BCVM22

Well that stinks, the trailer lied to me.

No it didn't. Nothing official ever said anything of the sort. You can file that away with any number of the other countless "leaks" and "rumors" we got in the last two months that, unsurprisingly, turned out to be bullpuckey.

dman_dustin

I wonder how extensive the perspective could be with the controller.

Is it at all possible to have some idea of how big these buildings are just using the controller to view the spacious are of the inside of the room? You look up with the controller and you can see how high the ceiling is, turn around with the controller to see where you just came in (most likely of a door).

Or would such a thing consume a lot of space, and wouldn't be practical with something like Zelda?

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
No it didn't. Nothing official ever said anything of the sort. You can file that away with any number of the other countless "leaks" and "rumors" we got in the last two months that, unsurprisingly, turned out to be bullpuckey.

I have no purpose in replying except to express my delight at the hilarity of the term "bullpuckey".

Bullpuckey bullpuckey bullpuckey.

I think I need some sleep...

Last edited:

Kabutopzilla

En Prócsem
Well this looks... different, to be sure. Probably another console I won't be getting immediately due to money problems.

Let's face it, this thing won't cost less than $200. I could save up, but there are games between now and then being released. :p

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
The Wii U. I wonder if they stalk someone at school I know. He says that almost everyday, for the past year.

I wanted better! I demand a better name! They could've named it Nintendo, and it would be better than this! Project Cafe made it sound good! The Wii U is crap! It's bullshit! I wanted something that sounded cool!

It may still be cool, but I wanted a better name!

BCVM22

I wonder how extensive the perspective could be with the controller.

Is it at all possible to have some idea of how big these buildings are just using the controller to view the spacious are of the inside of the room? You look up with the controller and you can see how high the ceiling is, turn around with the controller to see where you just came in (most likely of a door).

Or would such a thing consume a lot of space, and wouldn't be practical with something like Zelda?

Ocarina of Time 3D already has this, at least to some extent, on the 3DS. That the Wii U's controller has the screen, the accelerometer and the gyroscope largely makes it a given that when they're giving us in-depth looks at Zelda Wii U in a year, one of the reps will be sure to stop and say "look, you can look up in the overworld by moving the controller around!"

I wanted better! I demand a better name! They could've named it Nintendo, and it would be better than this! Project Cafe made it sound good! The Wii U is crap! It's bullshit! I wanted something that sounded cool!

Groan.

You'll get over it.

Arceusgamer14

Can't believe some people are bashing the Wii U already! But I am looking forward to Wii U and it'll be nothing like Virtual boy the failure of Nintendo. We're finally getting more HD games from other Third-party companies, (Meaning R Star games like GTAV and Valve games like Portal games may come to Nintendo) I also betting that Kingdom hearts III will hopefully be on as well.

bel9

n3w 2 sppf :3
Can't believe some people are bashing the Wii U already!

Can't believe people are jumping to conclusions and acting all "ZOMG GAMING WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!!!!11!111." Interesting how that road runs both ways.

ReMixMasterMike

Aww man! Don't even get me started! :)

I've been with Nintendo since I was a young boy. The first game I fell in love with was probably Mario 64. I didn't find out about E3 until like 2 years ago. I have been watching the Nintendo E3 conference since then.

I alwaya go on this site now, IGN (I'm sure you have heard about this site). It has been saying that Nintendo is probably not doing too well right now. But, I am not giving up on them now.

In my opinion, I think Nintendo wanted to keep everything a surprise until E3. Once I got home from school today, I get on my Wii. I see a lot of videos that was shown at E3. I saw Luigi's Mansion 2 for 3DS (I want that handheld SOOO bad), two new Kirby games (One of my favorite characters), Super Mario, Paper Mario, Mario Party 9 (Looks pretty cool...).

Then I go on IGN, I find out about the Wii U, IT LOOKS AMAZING!!!!!! Especially the controller. When I saw the video of what the Wii U controller can do, I freaked out. I was like "Oh My God!!!"

I need to start saving up for this new system!!!!

...but first, I need to find a job.... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.