• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Wii U

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasholon

lol, i started saving up when project cafe was rumored. :D I knew i was going to get this system since I always get the nintendo consoles (owned all US releases) because i love all the first party titles.

2D Thom

Im a tombsone
The Wii U WILL have Sega CD and Saturn games on it. i hope....

Chaotic Houndoom

Dark Trainer
-Taken from the other thread, she had no idea bout this one-

Wiiiiiiii U.

I was somewhat disappointed. Not because of the system, looks awesome!

But from what they talked about.

I was confused at first on how the thing worked. They should have showed the system in there too, and not just left it out. Left alot of people hanging and ????????

I was expecting more games that were gonna be released. I'm glad they announced SSB4. That's one game I would get for it for sure.

I wish they said a price. But I'm guessing it will be 300-400, possible little more, I hope not.

Wouldn't be surprised if they said all of this next E3 like they did with the 3DS. They announced it, and this E3, they gave games and stuff.

So that's my only downer about it, other than that. I'm excited to see Nintendo in HD. :)

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I don't exactly know what exactly to think about the methodology of showing off the controller. There were some neat things like using it like another screen, or even taking it as the entire screen itself. However, there seems to be a lot of needless gimmicks, like the golf demonstration.

I say this because I want to know the creativity that Nintendo, its second parties, and the third parties will put into it. I don't know if they would really take advantage of elaborate gimmicks.

All of that aside, I will be eagerly awaiting the promise this system seems to show. It will be great to play the games that people will think of, but here is one thing: How much will developers use the potential?

ZekromV

Light Sage
looks awesome, but it may be too expensive for me. Nintendo needs to start making big technological leaps like from gameboy to ds to 3ds. The DSi and possibly this seem like excuses to reuse old technology and just adding a little extra stuff each time. I'll still probably get it though. 3ds comes first though.

dman_dustin

I can't wait for a Pokemon game to be on the Wii U, with something similar to that Zelda prototype action, a Pokemon game would look straight up awesome. Of course with 649 Pokemon + the likely next gen, I'm not entirely sure how extensive they'll be able to make it.

What else would I like to see? Well hell, the Wii U is probably capable of any game possibility, so there's loads I like to see, though most being unlikely so yeah.

Sasholon

im just glad that the controller has a gyroscope rather than motion controls like it was used on the wee. seriously, i HATED motion controls.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
im just glad that the controller has a gyroscope rather than motion controls like it was used on the wee. seriously, i HATED motion controls.

They can still use the Wii remotes, though.

Sasholon

They can still use the Wii remotes, though.

yes, but it wont be the main focus of it, i think. those things they showed in the trailer are just applications that may or may not be used by developers. due to the complexity of a zelda game, i highly doubt that a game like that would require both the Wii-U controller and the wii-mote.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
yes, but it wont be the main focus of it, i think. those things they showed in the trailer are just applications that may or may not be used by developers. due to the complexity of a zelda game, i highly doubt that a game like that would require both the Wii-U controller and the wii-mote.

That is true.

Who doesn't want a screen on a controller?

Ok, I know people here have been saying otherwise, but I watched Nintendo's entire presentation, and I'm pretty sure I heard them say that the Wii U will be compatible with Gamecube games and will have 4 Gamecube controller slots. I will try to find some confirmation on this when I can. I hope I'm right; I may need those controllers for SSB :)

Edit: Nevermind, no Gamecube :(

But anyway, I'm extremely excited about the Wii U. I think it'll be much better than the Wii, though I'm a little worried about price.

Finding it hard to imagine Smash Bros. without my trusty (albeit slightly worn out) Gamecube controllers but I guess we can't have everything.

But anyway, I would love it if there was a new Rogue Squadron game that used the 'point-at-the-TV-to-see-through-the-controller' thing as a targetting computer. I can see the Death Star run now...

Chaotic Houndoom

Dark Trainer
They confirmed that there will be no GameCube game played on the Wii U, or no GC Controllers.

Enviros

Banned
looks awesome, but it may be too expensive for me. Nintendo needs to start making big technological leaps like from gameboy to ds to 3ds. The DSi and possibly this seem like excuses to reuse old technology and just adding a little extra stuff each time. I'll still probably get it though. 3ds comes first though.

How is this a small technological leap for Nintendo? The controller has a screen on it! Not to mention it's well sized and can output 1080p. It also seems like Nintendo is trying to appeal more to the hardcore audiences as well. I like the Wii, but I think Nintendo made quite a few mistakes with it. This looks impressive, and honestly, totally blew the other companies out of the water.

centipede2000

How is this a small technological leap for Nintendo? The controller has a screen on it! Not to mention it's well sized and can output 1080p. It also seems like Nintendo is trying to appeal more to the hardcore audiences as well. I like the Wii, but I think Nintendo made quite a few mistakes with it. This looks impressive, and honestly, totally blew the other companies out of the water.

Damn you beat me to it!

But yeah. The Wii was only slightly more powerful than the Gamecube, while this one will be more powerful than the PS3.

How is that a small technological leap? o_O

bel9

n3w 2 sppf :3
How is this a small technological leap for Nintendo? The controller has a screen on it!

That doesn't equate to a "technological leap."

Not to mention it's well sized and can output 1080p.

It is about time...

It also seems like Nintendo is trying to appeal more to the hardcore audiences as well. I like the Wii, but I think Nintendo made quite a few mistakes with it. This looks impressive, and honestly, totally blew the other companies out of the water.

Not so fast. Reception has been extremely mixed for the Wii U, especially since people have had a day to mull it over. And "blew the companies out of the water" is quite an overstatement considering Nintendo used footage from the other companies' consoles.

BCVM22

So can we conclude, perhaps, that in lieu of any exact system specs and/or actual in-game footage from Wii U titles, it's too early to leap to any conclusions, positive or negative, about that the Wii U can do?

Sabonea_Masukippa

^Share holders are typically dumb, panicky, morons though.

Killer Freaks from Outerspace has my interest, especially since those screens are pre-alpha on non-final dev kits 12+ months out from release (and probably rushed to be done in time for e3 too).

Status
Not open for further replies.