• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Wii's hardcore are getting blessed in 2009

Viva la Vida

Shibuya player
http://wii.ign.com/articles/946/946778p1.html

Look through this article before you post.

Wel, looks like Wii owners are finally getting a bone as third parties set up shop (finally) and Nintendo annouced franchise revivals and has probably a handfull off secret projects in the works. I'm excited for this year.

Your thoughts?

Kabuto

little punks!
I already know this info, but yes, 09 looks better than 08 by miles.

The game I want most is Sin & Punishment 2. I love treasure's games, they never disappoint me.

I also want Conduit and Madworld. The GCN remake series look great too, and I'll be getting most or maybe all of them. I see my Wii library perhaps doubling in the next year, as I only have six games for it now, though there are still others I would get (De Blob, Wario)

BCVM22

IGN doesn't actually cover any new ground relative to the Wii's 2009. We knew about Wii Sports Resort, Pikmin 3, Punch-Out!! and the WiiMotion Plus and while the potentially-worthwhile third-party efforts are nice as well, none of the above is single-handedly going to make or break 2009 for the Wii. There needs to be a constant stream of quality software from Nintendo/their second-parties and third-party developers, not just one game.

Viva la Vida

Shibuya player
Funnily enough, No More Heroes 2 is probably gonna come out next year. ;_;

But then I can finally get an M game, so I will be playin that.

Also, FF: Echos of Time comes out the day after my b-day. Awesome, that gam is at the top of my '08 list

09 looks better than 08 by miles

Got that right.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Well the news of getting a bigger hold for more space in the cards seem pretty good. I've hated to delete some stuff to make space.

I just hope we get way more games this year as last year; frankly just a couple only; mostly coming from the first half of 2008. So far, in 2009, these games Im awaiting:

Sonic and the Black Knight
Wii Sports Resort
Mario & Luigi RPG 3
Pokemon Platinum

Plus, Im still catching up on some games that are already released, and it's still tough to go grab em and buy em everytime. Im probably gonna end up with over 200 games from all consoles I got to find (GBA, DS, Gamecube, Wii)

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Wow lol nice. I think the only non hardcore thing is the beatles. Anyway nothing new was shown but hell it is something that makes us want to go yay. Modern combat 2? So then if we can get a Wii exclusive sequel thing to modern combat then the wii deserves much more. And i think its already showing.

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
I want a couple of those. Such as;

The Conduit
Little Kings Story
Madworld
Deadly Creatures
Pokemon Platinum
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days.

Not much else.

Gizmo Duck

I'm looking forward to Sin & Punishment 2, MadWorld and Punch-Out Wii. I think that's about it for the whole year so far...:(

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Best part is that that is just the first half of 2009. We have no idea what else is in store what is waiting for us and what nintendo is doing with mario zelda or metroid.

BCVM22

Chances are that there COULD be a follow up to Twilight Princess, better yet Majora's Mask.

It's very unlikely, given past history and tendencies, that they would set another game in Termina nine years after Majora's Mask was released. It's far more likely that the next console Zelda title, assuming it releases for the Wii, will be to Twilight Princess what Majora's Mask was to Ocarina - a game using the same engine and the same Link that takes place in some far-off/alternate land and serves to tide us over until the next big thing.

Cobalt_Latios

fatal frame!!!!!! How the hell did i forget that!!!????
I wouldn't put it under such high praise; there's some things about it that may potentially ruin it. Stuff like: no actual use of the "pointer" of the Wii remote is probably the big one. Unless they actually do change it. Otherwise...

*C_L*