• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Wind of Beginnings! The Eon Path!! (1226)

AARTX

Dead inside…
The Opening was exactly what I expected.

Focus mainly on the OG starters of Ash: Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charizard. + Obviously Pikachu

Focus mainly on OG Trio: Ash, Misty and Brock

Focus mainly on OG Scenes: Ash's gym battles, the snowstorm episode (One of the best), Hollywood Episode

Others got a collage picture, but that was the right way. To become full circle, you have to take that route.
It started with them, it will end with them.

Just wished, that they rotated his pokemon team like this in Journeys as well. All fans would be happy.
And that one clip of Ash-Greninja for some reason

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I wished we’ve gotten a newly animated opening instead of a slideshow. It makes it feel like Ash permanently leaving was a last minute decision.
If that's the case, it's well-deserved. They had so many chances to give Ash a respectful departure, but they flubbed every single one. If they were gonna keep him around for another saga, then I'm glad the show got axed rather than continuing further.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
- Fiend magikarps and a friendly beedrill? Things really started different!
- At least Ash learned swell with Iris how to swing with vines.
- Funny. Team Rocket learned to make thunderbolt+iron tail proof nets. Ash learned how to counter the counter.
- Oak & Delia banter really reminscing from movie 2!
- I'm shocked. I was right about latias be hitted by TRio mid blasting off. She was already hurted, I guess?
- "Charizard chills" feelings.

In general, a fine starting. I agree that a latias wasn't specifically needed to this plot, it could be any pokemon, BUT, she'll apparently be around a little more, since Ash noticed her in the end. Not sure yet.

Yeah, Ash’s aura sensibility is still in play, deal with it.

I'm glad he didn't get her (and I'm not sure it's happening in the future, anyway), but still hoping he gets something until the very ending.

Oh, the "new" OP and ED sucks. What a lazy staff...

Last edited:

nuzamaki90

Something that was funny, weird and maybe creepy was Mime being like "what the hell are you doing here? leave my women alone!" to Oak.
Right, since when did Mr. Mime not like Ash lol?

Also man I really just loved the interactions in this episode and everyone just playing a role in the plot. Noivern staying up to guard over Latias and co. was so cool for some reason?

sutellakiara

Shirona, my beloved...
Honestly, the highlight of the episode was seeing Noivern, Sceptile, Donphan and Buizel doing stuff. It's truly ridiculous that it took until now for something like this to happen.
Noivern stayed up all night on guard duty. He's all grown-up now.
Ash staying up all night and giving Latias treatment was also a highlight.
Seeing Ash just traveling and walking through forests and nature and stuff was nice, too. Quiet and peaceful stuff.

Not gonna lie, that it is not Altomare Latias is a big bummer and I couldn't help think "oh boy typical PM click/hypebait that underdelivers at the end".
Looks like there's gonna be some long-running thing with the new Latias. Maybe. But let's be honest the second the Latias appeared on the previews all everyone could think was "No way could it be Altomare Latias!?" no one was asking for a new random plotline with a new random Latias when there's already a Latias with a connection to Ash.
Rockets really could have been gone and stayed gone. They're the most boring and tiring thing of them all.
Returning to the usual PM music after Blue Sky reminded us how good the OG music used to be gave me whiplash.
OP was lazy as hell. You'd think they would re-animate the entire first OP while re-adapting it to the current age. Crazy that the let the frog be on i with how hard they've been trying to bury it.
I hope that they're at least cycling through the most iconic EDs or something like that. Just the first one would be ultra lazy.

Was okay overall.

AARTX

Dead inside…
If that's the case, it's well-deserved. They had so many chances to give Ash a respectful departure, but they flubbed every single one. If they were gonna keep him around for another saga, then I'm glad the show got axed rather than continuing further.
Ending Ash not because they want to conclude his character arc but because the show has become too convoluted is hilarious ngl.

They have exhausted the other options already and a hard reboot would pretty much be another AU Ash XD.

UnovaMaster

Latias sees Ash's potential as a Pokemon Master, perhaps Latias knows of the Pokemon Master handbook and sees Ash is a perfect fit

Fantastic start, always love an Ash handles an epic scale TR trap plot

But it must be said.....

Goh would have tamed that Latias much faster even if Ash catches it later

AARTX

Dead inside…
Honestly, the highlight of the episode was seeing Noivern, Sceptile, Donphan and Buizel doing stuff. It's truly ridiculous that it took until now for something like this to happen.
Noivern stayed up all night on guard duty. He's all grown-up now.
Ash staying up all night and giving Latias treatment was also a highlight.
Seeing Ash just traveling and walking through forests and nature and stuff was nice, too. Quiet and peaceful stuff.

Not gonna lie, that it is not Altomare Latias is a big bummer and I couldn't help think "oh boy typical PM click/hypebait that underdelivers at the end".
Looks like there's gonna be some long-running thing with the new Latias. Maybe. But let's be honest the second the Latias appeared on the previews all everyone could think was "No way could it be Altomare Latias!?" no one was asking for a new random plotline with a new random Latias when there's already a Latias with a connection to Ash.
Rockets really could have been gone and stayed gone. They're the most boring and tiring thing of them all.
Returning to the usual PM music after Blue Sky reminded us how good the OG music used to be gave me whiplash.
OP was lazy as hell. You'd think they would re-animate the entire first OP while re-adapting it to the current age. Crazy that the let the frog be on i with how hard they've been trying to bury it.
I hope that they're at least cycling through the most iconic EDs or something like that. Just the first one would be ultra lazy.

Was okay overall.
I mean if they cared at all, then Ash’s Riolu would’ve been the woodcarver’s Riolu from DP but nope it was a random Riolu egg

Rohanator

If the Latias does follow him this was fine but if not it was pretty bad, not enough time spent together and no real goodbye, but I'm pretty sure it'll return I mean when a Mon is the feature of an ep you're supposed to show its powers yet we didn't see Latias do anything, if it was a one off it would've at least been the one to blast off TR not Noivern lol.

Studio might simply be struggling still but I assume they're putting most of their efforts into pre-production of the next series at this point to not repeat the more long term issues JN went through. Sad for Ash but I guess you gotta focus on the future. The battle next ep looks pretty solid though.

nuzamaki90

Looks like there's gonna be some long-running thing with the new Latias. Maybe. But let's be honest the second the Latias appeared on the previews all everyone could think was "No way could it be Altomare Latias!?"
What makes it so odd is that it’s legit Altomare Latias in everything but the personality. It uses the invisibility technique, it knows Safeguard, and it has the same voice actor (Megumi-chan). It’s like a tsundere version of Altomare Latias.

Edit: Megumi isn’t voicing Latias, Kei Shindo is.

Last edited:

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Heck I can make a better opening with random clips than whatever this was.

Like the episode wasn't bad by any means,but it was like "Look at this ****!"

Eevee903

You are awesome!
I mean no disrespect when I say I legitimately could make an OP like that in about a week, save for the last shot obviously.

It’s not even a good overall montage of the show it was 90% OS clips
Maybe the clips will change each week? Just wishful thinking.

At least the dub can't **** it up more.