• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Wind of Beginnings! The Eon Path!! (1226)

MegaSalamence05

Weird theory but what if Latias got a concussion and has Amnesia after the collision with TR. (Doesn't remember how to use any moves). I know it sounds dumb but have seen any Pokemon use the move Amnesia and not it's more or less a state of mind. As you'd think a Legendary Pokemon would blast off the villains of the day. In this sense TR. Like it's just odd to me that Latias didn't use any moves.

The only issue with this. Did it use Safeguard in the water or just a natural ability that Latias possesses. Think it'd be pretty neat and it calls back a long standing fan theory that Ash has Amnesia after the Pikachu Thunderbolt vs the Spearow. Leading to character for both Ash and Latias throughout the final 10 episodes now.

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
Episode Rating - 3/10

The Good:

Obviously seeing a few of the reserves in Sceptile, Donphan, Noivern, and Buizel was great. As for the OP song, some of the clips were quite nostalgic.

The Bad:

Honestly, the episode itself would have been OK if it was a random JN episode. Not when there are only 11 episodes left. Sure, this might set up for Ash to capture that Latias later in the remaining 10 episodes, but it so was pedestrian. Yet another copy-pasted episode (of literally dozens and dozens) of Team Rocket trying to steal Ash's Pokémon/POTD and getting blown away. The reserves barely did anything. As for the OP song, while there was nostalgia, it was so heavily concentrated on OS clips (and not even the best OS clips mind you)!

I really, really hope that the rest of the episodes will be better.

AARTX

Dead inside…
I’m also disappointed that gary’s question wasn’t in this episode.

So long 11 episode of a continuous plot of ash figuring out what it means to be a pokemon master, while tying up lose ends with the other characters.

Hello 10 episode of inconsequential fluff + 1 cop out ending i guess?
Maybe the episode with the Gary question will come halfway into the series, most likely ep 6. (Maybe we also get a special PV for the remaining half of the 11 episode series)

Then episodes 7 to 11 will focus on resolving the trolley pokemon master problem. It kinda fits:

5 episodes of random SOL + 1 episode to kickstart the "plot" + 5 episodes to resolve it

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

So, it wasn’t the same one from movie 5 than? What’s the point in us rooting for Ash to catch it? Ash had an adorable relationship with the movie 5 one, i don’t get it.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Ah by the way did I ever told you how much this OST sucks?

UnovaMaster

So, it wasn’t the same one from movie 5 than? What’s the point in us rooting for Ash to catch it? Ash had an adorable relationship with the movie 5 one, i don’t get it.

As long as this one falls in love with him I won't really see a major problem, same story but in this case Ash has to work harder for it than M05

Plus it's not like some of the other legendary cases where more than one is frowned, it was established in M05 there are a bunch of these things flying around

doofinc

get rillaboomed
I like this as an introductory episode for the finale. Shows us how Ash is doing on his own. More funny moments for Pikachu and Ash.

Rotation is great - we can see the old mons back in action.

Nitpicking here, but I'm a bit miffed they reused World Domination (10MV vs GMax Wildfire song) when the scene totally didn't justify it.

Hopefully the Latias appearance is setting up for something in the future (Latias wins the shipping wars all other ships BTFO).

I was kinda expecting the Gary scene at the end of this episode TBH.

We'll see how the rest of it goes.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I actually enjoyed the casual "Pokemon" aspect of this episode. After the crazy events of becoming Pokemon World Champion Satoshi is kind of just adventuring like his Everyone's Story counterpart as some form of more wandering trainer-esque figure. Casually meeting a wild Pokemon that gets itself hurt and is distrusting of humans and it warming up to him is like one of the most Pokemon anime things ever. Latias being the one from the movie was always a speculation that felt more as fanboys hyping themselves up for disappointment rather than anything that had a chance in happening especially since this is a common pattern with the anime. I personally liked him being forced to earn Latias's trust here and her personality worked. If this is culminating to the final capture of her, that'd be kind of cool. A female, legendary last final capture and one of a species that was the last to impact OS Satoshi before his first real series change with AG coming after.

Of course TRio's appearance was use to showoff and introduce the reserves back into the story as a bit of fanservice and last hurrah before Satoshi's story is closed. About what I expected in terms of them doing stuff. I have to laugh at them just standing there while Satoshi takes action, reminded me of previous more formuliac Rocket encounters where the trainers and Pokemon have access to their abilities but just..don't do anything until Satoshi or the focus character does lol I liked TRio using their Rotom Smartphone as I found myself wondering where Morpeko was (but then again Satoshi's clothes should be enough, felt like this came after leaving Go and running around a bit). This was definitely still PM2019 as much as people liked to pretend it was going to be something wholly separate and praised it just because they want to pretend it wasn't.

My favorite scene by far was the most "Satoshi-esque" one of using himself as a conductor for Pikachu after getting himself trapped in an effort to save a Pokemon and Latias witnessing the lengths he'd go for her safety. Escaping alongside falling to "save" her and his unwavering will reaching her to save them both from crash landing. God, I love that PM2019 resolution music and it made the scene feels so epic and charming. Some good personality from PikaGOD himself here that took me back to his more boisterous OS-self instead of his more "everyman" type vibe of modern series. If I could change anything it would be having more personality/character from the reserves and them acting more as character since we had no humans around to share the screentime with.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
What makes it so odd is that it’s legit Altomare Latias in everything but the personality. It uses the invisibility technique, it knows Safeguard, and it has the same voice actor (Megumi-chan). It’s like a tsundere version of Altomare Latias.
Eh, I don’t mind much. Ash's lucario have the same voice actor that movie 8's lucario and they aren't the same character. I'm glad they're subtly linking pokemon that Ash meet/own with their counterparts from the movies.

Oh, it turns out latias' voice actress is different? Even better.

good episode! Ash rotating his pokemon from different regions is what JN should've been from the jump, but glad to see it happening now at least. TR was funny, enjoyed the extra personality/facial expressions for everyone across the board

I don't get the big deal with this being a completely random Latias....did they say/show anything about the movie and this mini series (idk if they did)? If not, then are people just upset that their assumptions were wrong? interesting lol it'd be weird if they don't do anything with Latias following Ash throughout these eps. I bet they'll be BFFs by the end

OP and ending criticism is fair, but other than that, this episode was solid. enjoy the ride ppl!
Same. It's ok be a random latias (as random as a legendary can be). Dunno of It's becoming part of Ash's team in the future, anyway.

Latias aside, it was a refreshing episode. Even TRio here brings a lighter mood. I like how Ash's interaction with beedrill indirectly have a tip on how to deal with latias.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
First brush is that it was entertaining, and I was able to follow the story without the dialog, and Ash appears to have used his Pokemon well. It definitely felt like an OS episode with TRio doing their usual thing. It definitely plays to the shows traditional tropes and themes, but…that’s not a bad thing.

I really liked the beginning of the episode. The bit with Ash and Pikachu fooling around was cute AF. And yeah, I’ll admit that we should have had this in JN.

I know it’s not the Alto Mare Latias and that it didn’t result in a catch. That doesn’t bother me. I think we’ll see Latias throughout the last 11 episodes.

Can't believe the official ending of my childhood begins today.....
Your childhood only ends if you let it.

Look at me…I’m in my 40’s and my wife says I’m a child.

The episode itself was a run-of-the-mill Pokemon episode with no new insights or developments for Ash.
The show has been on the air for over 25 years and has over 1200 episodes. At that point, there is very little they can do that wouldn’t be run-of-the-mill or offer new insights/developments.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
The show has been on the air for over 25 years and has over 1200 episodes. At that point, there is very little they can do that wouldn’t be run-of-the-mill or offer new insights/developments.
Considering a huge part of the promotion for this show is "answering what it means to be a Pokemon Master", which is absolutely a new development/insight, and the first episode of this 11-episode mini-series did nothing to set that up, I'm gonna count that as a negative, sorry.

Furthermore, even if the show has been on the air for over 25 years, the writers should absolutely be capable of writing something more interesting and/or entertaining than 'Ash saves a wild Pokemon from Team Rocket', which is about as generic as it gets.

Last edited:

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Eh, I don’t mind much. Ash's lucario have the same voice actor that movie 8's lucario and they aren't the same character. I'm glad they're subtly linking pokemon that Ash meet/own with their counterparts from the movies.
Kinda hard for them to be the same character when the OG one is dead ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Also random but is Ash just seriously gonna have an empty slot and only have 4 reserves per episode? Because that’s very random and pointless and might potentially leave some mons out???
If he gets his released 'mons again or catch something new like he's trying next episode, maybe.

Kinda hard for them to be the same character when the OG one is dead ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Indeed.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Maybe Kasumi will get Udeppou, Takeshi will get Brimuon and Satoshi will get Latias.

One blue boy for the girl and two pink feisty pink ladies for the boys.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
but really this is how you do a big celebration opening for a long running merch driven series (I know it wasn't the last one, but still)