• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Wind of Beginnings! The Eon Path!! (1226)

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic

RafaSceptile

Still doesn't make the gotcha make any sense
If you're gonna blame the executive director for JN keep the same energy lol, the SM comparison wouldn't even make any sense considering how different that is to this
You don't get it. For those guys SM is almost equally as bad as JN even when both series have a lot of differences, which is why the comparisons.

There is a reason why an AU filler episode was "the best episode of the last 6 years"

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
I still can't comprehend why some viewers are shocked that this wasn't the Altomare Latias, given that the setting of the episode had already been glimpsed in the episode's initial preview a couple weeks ago and didn't resemble Altomare whatsoever, and how extremely contrived it would've been from a writing standpoint for Altomare's Latias to appear in a random forest away from the city she's meant to guard.

As for Satoshi not capturing Latias, I can understand the frustration there in the sense that this mini-series would've started off with a bang had Satoshi actually captured it, or at least have been a much more interesting premiere episode. That being said, to me the only thing about the episode that really stood out was that Satoshi proved once again that he can't carry an episode by himself, and really needs traveling companions to bring out the best in his character, from my viewpoint at least.

RafaSceptile

Lmao. Sorry, I'm not aware that you have to worship this series because it's in the rules. This series is going to be dogs*** and you know it!
No, you just have to not use the "freedom of speach" hard to justify your hate speech as you and many other trolls do in the forums

Gingertail24

I still can't comprehend why some viewers are shocked that this wasn't the Altomare Latias, given that the setting of the episode had already been glimpsed in the episode's initial preview a couple weeks ago and didn't resemble Altomare whatsoever, and how extremely contrived it would've been from a writing standpoint for Altomare's Latias to appear in a random forest away from the city she's meant to guard.

As for Satoshi not capturing Latias, I can understand the frustration there in the sense that this mini-series would've started off with a bang had Satoshi actually captured it, or at least have been a much more interesting premiere episode. That being said, to me the only thing about the episode that really stood out was that Satoshi proved once again that he can't carry an episode by himself, and really needs traveling companions to bring out the best in his character, from my viewpoint at least.
Really? I mean in a sense I agree. Ash isn't really a compelling character. But I think he is entertaining enough to carry a few episodes by himself. I feel if they start doing stuff like him and Pikachu pranking each other, and actually giving Pikachu a genuine personality outside of just the everyman and/or mini Ash, it can be fine

I think the issue was moreso the episode premise was rather dull. Yeah it's cool it's latias, but at the end of the day it's the "injured Mon, human saves Mon, Mon likes human" plot point. And that's not even bad if they executed it in a much more interesting way, but they just played it completely straight. Ash reserve didn't even interact with latias really

Why do you think he can't carry an episode? Not trying to argue just genuinely curious

Agility

Bah.
I quite enjoyed that episode. It gave me original series vibes, right down to the TR balloon. It was whimsical, and also entertaining. The Beedrill touching "hands" was awesome. I'm actually glad this Latias is different; there's many Latias in the world, and this one's personality was pretty unique. I liked that it was distrustful, and it even kept some of that aloofness when it left. The taking Ash's hands was pretty neat.

AND! Buizel! Sceptile! Donphan! Noivern! That was awesome. If I can get more of that type of stuff in the next episodes, I'll be satisfied. I really like the OS feel to it, like I'm back in 1999 again. :)

Review:
Opening: It would have been way better if there was moments from all the series distributed evenly in there (RIP AG, BW, SM) rather than it being mostly KANTOOOOO with Infernape vs Electivire, Ash Greninja loosing to Alain (of course that of the scene they choose, great to see AG but it feels like they are trolling fans with showing the scene of the Shuriken that did nothing and we all know what happened immediately after, plus the other battles that were shown were big wins for Ash, that one was a big L), and then Pikachu beating Leon’s Charizard.
Ending: Seriously it’s not anything new wtf.
Now for the episode itself. Happy to see Ash’s reserves, especially Buizel and Noivern. I like the plot of Ash taking care of Latias, but why was this included in the 11 episode epilogue? Honestly most of the revealed episodes could’ve just happened in JN itself, kind of feels like they’re waiting time. Also it’s kinda funny that Ash showed more romantic moments with a random Latias (could be the M05 one) in one episode than with Serena in the whole XY series. Overall this was a good episode, but I’m really not expecting much.
Next time, we get to see Misty, good for her to get an episode but I’m honestly not to thrilled about seeing her again. Great to see Corphish in action but it better stay as a little derp lobster.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
The issue of Ash being by himself is that it means his voice actor is doing nothing but primarily talking to VAs who are saying growls and variations of a name, and three others who are talking to him from an antagonistic angle. Any other variance will exist for two episode max, before going back to the standard. That means the plots are driven by him and all the decisions are deferred to him.

AU Ash can get away with it because his adventures are shown to us as singular moments with no connective tissue to anything later. Anime Ash can't do that with a long-spanning narrative. He needs constants beside him to keep the momentum going and let them steer the boat at times.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Just watched it with subs. And I don't think it changes my original view all that much. The dialog didn't add too much additional context to the episode. Or at least what I assumed what happening in the episode. It wasn't that complicated of a story while being enjoyable at the same time.

Ash asking if they would see Latias again followed by the shot of Latias stalking Ash makes me think that it will be a recurring character in this last saga. I also think they're setting up TRio to finally succeed in catching Pikachu. They kept talking about taking other things into consideration for their next plan, so I think that they will be part of the final arc of the story.

My kids also watched the subs with me. They were laughing pretty hard at the opening scene between Ash and Pikachu, Magikarp butt, and Mr. Mime's face.

On that note, now that i've seen the subs...Mimey definitely had the "don't you dare hit on my trainer's mom" vibes with that look. I'm pretty sure he used Barrier on Professor Oak...

Guy100

The fact that Latias was introduced the very first episode of this mini-series and was shown to be following Ash, with Ash somehow sensing her prescence, is enough proof for me that its going to be one of Ash's new Pokemon in this series. In addition, to Ash not having very many psychic pokemon on his team.

I just wonder what else he will we catch.

Red and Blue

Just watched it with subs. And I don't think it changes my original view all that much. The dialog didn't add too much additional context to the episode. Or at least what I assumed what happening in the episode. It wasn't that complicated of a story while being enjoyable at the same time.

Ash asking if they would see Latias again followed by the shot of Latias stalking Ash makes me think that it will be a recurring character in this last saga. I also think they're setting up TRio to finally succeed in catching Pikachu. They kept talking about taking other things into consideration for their next plan, so I think that they will be part of the final arc of the story.

My kids also watched the subs with me. They were laughing pretty hard at the opening scene between Ash and Pikachu, Magikarp butt, and Mr. Mime's face.

On that note, now that i've seen the subs...Mimey definitely had the "don't you dare hit on my trainer's mom" vibes with that look. I'm pretty sure he used Barrier on Professor Oak...
If TR does succeed that could be what finally drives them to part ways with Ash. Once they capture Pikachu they'll have completed their goal from the beginning, even after Ash gets him back.

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
Wish the anime staff call this guy bellow to do an OP. His work is already better than anything the current OP did.

This is exactly what the OP and ED should have been along the lines of. Even if the vocals remained the same, the visuals needed a modernization that captured the entire history of the anime in a nostalgic way, not... whatever low effort 90% clipshow AMV and literal copy-paste they were respectively.

Also, am I the only one who wanted Type:Wild over 151? Along with Mezase and Ikuze, it's one of Ash's more iconic themes.

Rune Knight

Haven't watched the episode yet, but I feel like the idea of Ash rotating his team should have been done from the start.

Saddened by the fact that we're a little late in the game now, but I'm looking forward to the episode and seeing how this final arc plays out.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Rewatching this episode subbed. My thoughts:
-Team Rocket using their brains. Where was this in Journeys?
-Ash and Pikachu's rivalry in the beginning was pretty fun.
-Looks like Sceptile and Noivern do watch duty.
-The episode felt kinda empty without anyone for Ash to travel with. But him alone works.
-Latias was pretty random in the sense that it was already injured before and we don't know why she got injured. It was vague.
-So "a random forest in a random region" has Pokemon from all the regions.
-Well the opening still leaves me conflicted: the idea is nice, the execution is bad.

CONCLUSION: 7/10.
Not a bad start for the end of Ash and Pikachu, but it had some weak points.