• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Wind of Beginnings! The Eon Path!! (1226)

Gingertail24

So watched this a little bit later but nonetheless it was okay.

The photo they used in BW is positioned almost the same with Cilan and Iris in the same place as Brock and Misty and Ash in the middle with Pikachu on his head. The opening did honestly feel like a juvenile AMV from YouTube, I have to be honest here. Although Rica's singing and remixing of that song never gets old + the photo shots were cute so it make up for it.

The episode was okay but the jury is still undecided if this was the correct way to start a limited series concluding Ash's story, depending on what they do with the Latias. I'm going to be honest, once I stopped being biased and actually stopped searching for everything to be wrong with this episode, it wasn't that bad. Ash can hold an episode at limited capacity and while I found some scenes like Magikarp biting his butt to be cringe, scenes like the Beedrill part were pretty entertaining.

The reserves being back were lovely and Noivern being one of the first being used was based along with Donphan. Didn't really care for the fact that Team Rocket was just as a generic catalyst to prove to Latias how good of a person Ash was because that's a plot as old as time but this episode did prove he can hold an episode to himself and I like the take on having a b*tchy legendary.
I think Ash can hold at least a few episodes by himself. But generic plots like this doesn't help

Queen Cynthia

Dignified Queen of Sinnoh
I'd say it was a solid episode.

I liked how Ash is obviously rotating his Pokemon right now. So, his "Sorry, we won't see each other for a while" a few episodes ago hasn't come true after all. Also, what a relief to see that our boy can finally defend himself against TRio now, even if his Pikachu is trapped. We all rememeber those countless episodes in the past where Ash seemed rather helpless in situations like that and depended on his friends' help.

Then we got another "classical moment" as I would like to call it: Ash selflessly protecting a Pokemon regardless of what would happen to himself. This has always been a great character trait that I liked about Ash very much. Plus, it seemed to me like a nice reminder of the good old days.

What could have been better, however, was Latias' reaction to Ash saving it. I mean, that boy stayed up all night, got kidnapped, was suffering from the ice, took a direct Thunderbolt from Pikachu and finally was falling down to earth from a great height. And all that in order to save Latias.
You could expect some form of gratitude, right? That's the least Latias could have done. Let's not forget this typical Ash-like behavior made other Pokemon want to join him in the past. Maybe "To be a Master" is not meant to give Ash new Pokemon after all, but it still would have been nice if Latias had stayed.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Just watched myself. It was mad underwhelming.

This fanmade OP is genuinely better

This one was great too

Speaking of AMVs, i ran into this one today and honestly it would already be better than the OP we got.

Just clean up the editing a bit and we’re gold. Follows the music’s rhythm and the scene selection follows a theme (though yes i get they were trying to match the lyrics for the op we actually got).

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Then we got another "classical moment" as I would like to call it: Ash selflessly protecting a Pokemon regardless of what would happen to himself. This has always been a great character trait that I liked about Ash very much. Plus, it seemed to me like a nice reminder of the good old days.

What could have been better, however, was Latias' reaction to Ash saving it. I mean, that boy stayed up all night, got kidnapped, was suffering from the ice, took a direct Thunderbolt from Pikachu and finally was falling down to earth from a great height. And all that in order to save Latias.
You could expect some form of gratitude, right? That's the least Latias could have done. Let's not forget this typical Ash-like behavior made other Pokemon want to join him in the past. Maybe "To be a Master" is not meant to give Ash new Pokemon after all, but it still would have been nice if Latias had stayed.
eh tbf, after Latias left, Ash didn’t really even question it and only questioned if he’ll see her again (which was the last thing he said in this ep). Which coincidentally, she does appear at the end looking over him.

His last words spoken in this ep:
FmZd8SbXwAEniEv

The “coincidental” ending scene:
FmXlloWXkAUpTXD

From this, it can be assumed that this may not be a one-time thing and that Latias might be a recurring wild mon like Gengar, Gible, and Krokorok; secretly watching or following Ash before capture. (Although the capture part remains to be seen)

Queen Cynthia

Dignified Queen of Sinnoh
eh tbf, after Latias left, Ash didn’t really even question it and only questioned if he’ll see her again (which was the last thing he said in this ep). Which coincidentally, she does appear at the end looking over him.

His last words spoken in this ep:
FmZd8SbXwAEniEv

The “coincidental” ending scene:
FmXlloWXkAUpTXD

From this, it can be assumed that this may not be a one-time thing and that Latias might be a recurring wild mon like Gengar, Gible, and Krokorok; secretly watching or following Ash before capture. (Although the capture part remains to be seen)

I know Ash didn't ask her. Still I would have preferred if Latias had decided to join him on her own as a sign of gratitude.

Frankly, I was thinking the same when I saw the ending scene. But on the other hand, there are only 10 episodes left, so there actually isn't much time left for a recurring Pokemon. That's why I said it would have been better to catch Latias now so that we get to see more of her in the upcoming episodes.

Also. The worst thing. Why does Ash use reserves now when he’s not battling when he couldn’t use them in the PWC when he actually should’ve used them?