• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Woman in Black(OU Team featuring Mega-Gardevoir)

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
woman-in-black-banner2.jpg

282-m.png
534.png
130.png

472.png
485.png
113.png

Hello and welcome to my latest RMT. For those of you whom do not know, I am CedOmega, as my username suggests. Every one of my past teams has been carefully, and sometimes recklessly constructed in attempts to sometimes make overlooked and underestimated threats to the OU Metagame that reside in lower tiers stand out. My most successful team "Not Gonna Write You A Love Song" struck fear in many teams both on Wifi and Showdown; which surprised many since it was simply built around an unforeseen CM Offensive Meloetta. Another interesting fact about myself is that I adore Psychic types and basing competitive teams around them. Teams like that stay with us as trainers, which is why I began scouting for yet another. This time, my focus was met by the introduction of Fairy typing to Gardevoir and the massive, undermined power that lies within her Mega Form. As we know, GameFreak proposed the buff of Sound-based moves attacking beyond the damage limitation granted in having a Substitute. This fact was what brought me to my intrigue in using Gardevoir from the start; as her access to such an attack could even do well over 40% to Genesect, even in being resisted, before the ban-hammer had its way with them, unfortunately. All this aside, before I find myself rambling on, I introduce to everyone my newest team:
THE WOMAN IN BLACK!!!

loveball.png
loveball.png
964_thumb.jpg
loveball.png
loveball.png

Ability: Trace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind / Focus Blast

Obvious focus of the team and it's featured Mega, Gardevoir has won my heart in battle. Because Gardevoir was so unseen this current transition in the Metagame, I decided to show most other competitive trainers just how powerful; a Fairy with the ability(when Mega) Pixilate, any Normal-type attack becomes Fairy and it then granted a STAB boost. This is the ideal purpose behind abusing her access to Hyper Voice. With such, she can OHKO many of the current OU threats unboosted. After becoming Mega, she reaches a top speed tier of Base 100; meaning she will be tying with otherwise very threatening Pokémon; such as Salamence, non-Scarfed Haxorus, Hydriegon and Volcarona. Speaking of, Psyshock replaced Psychic on her original set due to the utility it provided for removing opponents with mediocre Defense; such as Blissey, Volcarona, Conkeldurr(whom often are seen having Assault Vest). Shadow Ball was debated for quite some time since Fairy could otherwise handle Ghost threats and cause them massive damage in the process...then Aegislash came to mind. Should I somehow manage a +2 CM, I could OHKO. With aid from Gliscor's pseudo-StallScor SubBP set, I very easily were able to set up behind the protection of the Sub and hit back before it had been broken; thus helping handle Aegislash on occasion. Focus Blast is a new option I've recently considered since it has not another use other than removing annoying Steel Types like Ferrothorn or Magnezone fairly quickly; given that it didn't miss.

heavyball.png
heavyball.png
conkeldurrplz.png
heavyball.png
heavyball.png

Derpmeister (Conkeldurr) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

Fearing little from a STAB Psychic with Gardevoir residing next to him and a ready Wish Chansey at its back, Conkeldurr makes its entrance to the team as an amazingly affective Bulky attacker. Being one of the team's physical forces, Conkeldurr is meant to cripple and destroy whenever possible. Mach & Drain Punch help him hit hard and keep himself healthy if the going should get rough. Coupled with Chansey, Conkeldurr need not worry about being too crippled by the likes of being statused with Poison or burn and being worn down over the course of the match. With a Wish and Assault Vest, Conkeldurr can often come in against an opposing team's special attackers and bring itself back to health with the combined ability of Drain Punch and Wish's support. Ice a Punch is there for obvious coverage and Knock Off serves two purposes; dealing with Ghosts & Psychic types alike, while also removing any item they and any other type of Pokémon may have.

netball.png
netball.png
gyarados_by_thebestnightmareever-d3dnnym.png
netball.png
netball.png

Red Rage (Gyarados) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 204 Spd / 56 HP / 248 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

Gyarados was added to the team as a Scizor resistance; seeing as it can honestly wreak my team if using Thief(especially in Mega Form). Also an old favorite set I mine, I find setting up Sub adds just a bit of longevity when setting up to Gyarados' already bulky stature. Intimidate benefits the team's entirety; lowering the opponent's Attack and allowing Gliscor and Chansey more switch-in opportunity. This also helps avoid being hit by status(when faster) and follow behind in racking up Dragon Dance(s). With dual STAB, Gyarados is able to hit both hard threatening opponents like Ferrothorn and opposing Gyarados(-M) without having to resort to Waterfall. Bounce is a very useful niche, as it lets Gyarados stall for a single turn and heal itself; even moreso behind a Substitute. Simple and standard this set appears. Without needing much support, this set takes a single Ice Beam from Bulky Politoed and can set up on it with ease. Perish Song variants scare this set little to not at all, due to Bounce avoiding the move and being able to set up on the following turn(often Protect). Gyarados has great synergy with Heatran and Gliscor, forming somewhat of a solid core.

premierball.png
premierball.png
doohickey06.jpg
premierball.png
premierball.png

Caelli (Gliscor) (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 184 Def / 252 HP / 72 Spd
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Baton Pass

Gliscor is by far a staple to the team as a gimmick set. This set was changed in a simple way, but had a great impact on its stalling variant counterparts. This set often comes in on the likes of opposing Gliscor, sets up a Substitute in their face and Baton Passes its Substitute to any willing recipient that suits the moment. Sometimes I find the lack of recovery outside of Poison ahead to be slightly annoying and concerning, though I'm often able to maneuver around many close encounter situations that would otherwise cost me Gliscor in a match. For those whom know Taunt, I carry EQ, though it also helps allude that I have a StallScor set of EQ/Toxic/Substitute/Protect-Roost-Knock Off. Honestly, I find Baton Pass to be much better for man situations, since the presence of Gliscor on the field often lures Ghost types and the likes of Skarmory, etc. Toxic is great for crippling anything that is not immune or gain a boost from it; especially with all the new Bulky Pokémon introduced this most recent Generation. Gliscor and Chansey have somewhat of a core formed since Chansey takes little from Surf, Ice Beam, etc., and can Wish-pass to Gliscor; which often makes up for the lack of a recovery move on its set.

duskball.png
duskball.png
heatran-plz.png
duskball.png
duskball.png

Heatmortar (Heatran) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Heatran serves a very important role on the team. Seeing as it is the team's hazard setter, Heatran's health is very important. Because its most prominent threats range from Excadrill to Rotom-W, Heatran heavily relies on Gliscor and Chansey to maintain its health and aid it in sustaining its ability to set up Stealth Rock and perhaps Toxic or burn anything needed for the moment. Rotom-W doesn't OHKO even with Hydro Pump, so Toxic acts as a great utility to remove them; if not, cripple their bulk. Specially bulky as it may be, Heatran doesn't handle well enough super effective attacks, so Protect is essential in taking out a turn to heal. And while I have been set up upon before while using Protect, but I'm often able to maneuver around the situations that follow. Obviously Protect also helps stall out as much as possible with Toxic; seeing as it gives Heatran an extra turn to recover and build up recoil in the process.

healball.png
healball.png
chansey_11_20776_6586_thumb.gif
healball.png
healball.png

DoIScareYou? (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Wish
- Thunder Wave
- Aromatherapy

As the cleric of the team, Chansey maintains balance while in battle. All the while, she can handle herself against anything not Ghost-type. Threats like Goodra, Sylveon & Gengar that lack Substitute are easily walled by Chansey and set up upon; allowing Chansey time to set off a Wish and potentially pass it along to her switch-in. That said, I notice that having Poison Heal Gliscor and Aromatherapy is only a bit redundant, but it works out more often than not. Thunder Wave helps outpace faster opponents, ofcourse. Seismic Toss makes great coverage in guaranteeing a set amount of damage regarless of boosted defenses on the opponent. Chipping down the foes Hp, they often get very "switchy", allowing me to set up and counter them in the best way for the situation.

<~~~~~Conclusion~~~~~>

Out of boredom, I decided to do a conclusion for the team. Also, it's simply formal in closing a thread, I'd like to think. Anyway, Garchomp is surprisingly a threat if it has Swords Dance, though I'm able to work around it as I have done in the past. Variants with Stone Edge and Iron Head are only moderately dangerous. Knock Off users are annoying, yet still dangerous to the team overall, as they can remove either Chansey's Eviolite or Conkeldurr's Assault Vest at any time. As said before, Gardevoir's Hyper Voice deals with Substitute users; Barr those faster like Gengar and Garchomp. Aside from those specific two, I can handle others with standard maneuver and ease. In closing, if you plan to use the team, please keep the nicknames. I'd appreciate accurate and beneficial suggestions or compliments.(If you think the team is trash, that is your opinion and I accept that. No need to flaunt it in the comments and take up needed space below.) Also, if you make a suggested change, know that I will be testing it and returning with results.

Thanks for reading my latest RMT and I hope you enjoyed it. HAVE FUN WITH THE TEAM!! ;)

Black Bride (Gardevoir) (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind

Derpmeister (Conkeldurr) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

Red Rage (Gyarados) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 204 Spd / 56 HP / 248 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

Caelli (Gliscor) (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 184 Def / 252 HP / 72 Spd
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Baton Pass

Heatmortar (Heatran) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

DoIScareYou? (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Wish
- Thunder Wave
- Aromatherapy

Last edited:

Amaan

Banned
Try taunt on Gyra, sub disable Gengar is an ******* to this team. Other than that, overall solid team.

In your replays, I noticed that Conk was taking a lot of damage from Rotom W. If you move the HP EVs into. Special Defense, he takes special hits much better. Since his HP hits 341 uninvested, he's not losing out on much physical bulk anyways. Try it out and I can almost guarantee you that it will work better.

Amaan

Banned
In your replays, I noticed that Conk was taking a lot of damage from Rotom W. If you move the HP EVs into. Special Defense, he takes special hits much better. Since his HP hits 341 uninvested, he's not losing out on much physical bulk anyways. Try it out and I can almost guarantee you that it will work better.

This, since Conkeldurr's special defense is god level high to begin with, its best to invest at least somewhat into special defense to better take special hits.

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
I'll try it out, but the current set is mainly a scare switch if nothing else. Nothing really wants to take a hit from him to begin with, but making a small change could never hurt. I'll try it out.

Xenevix

Some Guy
I love this team's composition. It fits well with the style of something I would use. ;3

I second that some EVs should be moved into Conkeldurr's special defense, as it'll scare switches even with Attack uninvested lol. I'm not saying to not to invest in Attack, but 252 is not terribly necessary. I would suggest trying maybe an Adamant +200 HP +164 Attack +144 Special Defense spread and see how that suits your fancy.

May I also suggest Hidden Power [Fire] for your last move on Gardevoir, as it would destroy Steel types that felt like being jerks and resisting all your hits. I feel as if Calm Mind could be the better option but I can see your team having problems with the likes of Aegislash, Skarmory, Scizor, and Ferrothorn after Heatran is removed. Conkeldurr can hurt them but as they are usually physically defensive he may have problems knocking them down.

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
When I was using this team, HP Fire was somewhat unnecessary due to my changing Hp-Fire to Focus Blast. Aegislash struggled with Gliscor and Scizor struggled with Gyarados & Heatran. Skarmory & Ferrothorn feared Heatran alone due to Lava Plume. Ferrothorn also has to worry of Focus Blast to an extent. As for Scizor V Gardevoir, Focus Blast does a clean 2HKO behind sub. Scizor couldn't safely switch in on a Hyper Voice either, as even it does the following. Behind a Sub, she can almost secure a 2HKO after rocks.

252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Scizor: 71-84 (40.1 - 47.4%) -- 46.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(71, 72, 72, 73, 74, 75, 75, 77, 78, 78, 79, 80, 81, 81, 82, 84)

Thanks to the suggestions though. I sort of moved onto a newer team, but when I use this one again, I'll take into consideration these changes. :)