• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Wondrous Cauldron of Miscellaneous Effects

Xashlei

probably elsewhere
It's back, with a fanciful name that makes little sense!
Add 5 random ingredients. Who knows what may commence?
Taste test. . . but at your own risk.
If you die, well, I'm sure you will be missed.
But look positively, the future may be bright!
You might be granted the ability of flight!
Dare you peer at the components within?
Okay, enough poetry. Let us begin!

So this is how it goes: it's basically "Add an Ingredient 2.0"! Each poster adds an ingredient--it doesn't even have to be something edible! Then after at least five, taste-testing!
Bless the brave soul who eventually tests it out, s/he decides what it does! Maybe you've invented a lethal potion, or a taste of heaven on Earth, and everything in between. Have fun!

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Hmmm, after a bit of mixing, I think I'll add some of my rotten eggs into the mixture.

cantab

YO DAWG, I HEARD YOU LIKE TO STIR POTIONS, SO I PUT A CAULDRON IN YOUR CAULDRON SO YOU CAN STIR WHILE YOU STIR.

(Sorry. Couldn't resist.)

cantab

I dip in my spoon. It clatters about, banging off the diamonds and cauldron, and getting bits of rotten egg and crocodile toe stuck to it, before it touches the Stunfisk, which Thundershocks me.

As I pick myself up, having been hurled clean across the room, I realise the shortcoming is obvious. Too little liquid ingredient has been added to the cauldron.

kuriboh361

Bearer of Peace
I spray the foam from a fire extinguisher into the cauldron to put a stop to the fire. Fingers crossed. ;)

kuriboh361

Bearer of Peace
I peer nervously at the contents of the cauldron and I shudder at the revolting green colour the concoction had turned. But unfortunately, it was my duty to taste it and I took my duty very seriously. Muttering a prayer, I grabbed a ladle and dipped it in. Immediately, the ladle is covered in a thin layer of green ice. I squeal and take a step back, shocked to have being touched the mixture.

To make sure people didn't face the same fate I had met, I carefully disposed of the liquid, forcing the stickiest of the stinking goo off with a fork. After cleaning it throughly, I add in a little soap so the next mixture would look much more cleaner.

Mr. Marowak

was wrong about Gen6
Though I don't want to, I must taste the cauldron.

*Dips spoon in*

Yum... It's not bad if you avoid the soap. Mmm... is that cilantro?

*Slaps a "Real Food Only" Label on the Cauldron*

Now I add a bunch of carrots.