• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Worker's Thread - what do you do for a living ?

xEryChan

Demon Child
Currently, I work as a Teacher's Aide in a school. I usually supervise the children during lunch and take them to recess after they're done eating but I also use the copy machine to make copies for the teacher's whenever they need it. I also know how to use the laminator.

Right now, we are off for the summer but come Septemeber, I'll be back doing something I enjoy.

Last edited:

ebevan91

I work at UPS. I go in roughly between 2AM - 4AM and load boxes into a truck for 5-6 hours. Most of the times I load semis with returns for Zappos, but sometimes I get moved to load other semis that deal with returns to other businesses or I even get to load package cars.

Ever thought about being a UPS driver? National average is around $80,000/year.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
I am a caregiver *^* lol

Never thought I'll see myself working with the elderly since I am pretty shy about meeting people, but I do enjoy it a lot.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I work at a sit down Diner Restaurant. It's not the greatest job in the world, but it's at least a job. Hopefully soon I can move on to something better.

Well, I'm getting my wish. I start my new job August 1st two days before my birthday. I'll be working full-time for Team Solutions. I'll be making great money. Tomorrow night is my last day at the restaurant.

Vivieeeeeee

I was born around when Pokemon franchise came out, currently still in university but I do work as a private tutor for University level chemistry/biochemistry for some side cash! Also, I've taught ESL abroad in Asia before, for two summers in a row :) Hoping to not end up jobless after I get my degree LOL

~Ace

i can show you how
I work for a fashion retail outlet (Primark) on a weekend and I'm a classroom assistant Monday, Wednesday and Thursday and on Tuesdays I work as an administrative assistant. It's currently a way to make ends meet whilst I save up to pay for my teacher training course.

i also work in primark! i do nightshifts (easy work, no customers, good pay) but absolutely dreadful hours, it messes you up haha

i started there in january however i'm planning to leave to be a student again come september

Strawberrychan

Berry Farmer
My field is Zoology! I've worked as a Zoo Educator for the last 2 1/2 years, but just recently left this job to further my education. Right now, I'm going through an intense degree and training program for future Zookeepers. ^_^

Last edited:

Kikas123

What 'bout My Star?
Last night I had to watch a video about what to do during an active shooter situation.

I remember watching one of those when I worked security. Mine was super corny, it had some dude with a balaclava jump out of a bush and start lighting people up with a long gun. Was yours better?

ebevan91

Last night I had to watch a video about what to do during an active shooter situation.

Ahh yes, the Walmart active shooter video. The group I watched it with laughed at it the whole time. It was kinda corny.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I ended up having to watch it twice. Once just for me and then another with a group of associates because I had to make sure they completed the GLMS that goes with it.

ebevan91

I ended up having to watch it twice. Once just for me and then another with a group of associates because I had to make sure they completed the GLMS that goes with it.

See I wasn't even told we had to do GLMS along with it. Guess I'll do that today.

Anyways, 10 day vacation starts Wednesday! Well, techincally 7 day vacation but I have 2 regular off days before the vacation starts and 1 regular off day after it ends.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
Today someone had a rifle and was in the parking lot and fired a couple shots; I'm unsure if it was at anyone or just straight up. Police were called and person was caught.

Kopis

Unaccompanied Minior
I teach English in Taiwan. Specifically, I work for a chain of schools from a UK-based company. They're basically schools that students go to after school twice a week for hour and a half classes.

It has its ups and downs, but I'm hoping that I can eventually either move up or find another job that's close to my educational background (psychology) and is abroad at the same time.

Konacha

I am currently a design draftsman for Commercial Projects in a Land Surveyor/Civil Engineers Office. While that is my "official job title" I also do a lot of filing, secretarial work and help out the owner/president because the company is so small. Only about 9 people (including myself). Some days I have to put off one job to do another one.

However since the beginning of last month it has become worst for me. One of the people who works for the company quit so now I have to do his job on top of my other jobs. My boss won't hire anyone else because she think it will happen only during the summer (when we are the most busy).