• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Worker's Thread - what do you do for a living ?

ebevan91

Right now I'm working as a Reports Analyst at an e-commerce company that sells on Amazon. Basically, I'm responsible for running and maintaining code that generates reports for their QA department, and additionally working with QA to resolve issues with the products. I actually find it fun, or at least as far as jobs go. It's very computer oriented and just the right level of difficulty for me.

That sounds like something I could do with my information systems degree. Right now I'm still stuck at Walmart :\

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
That sounds like something I could do with my information systems degree. Right now I'm still stuck at Walmart :\

That's gotta suck, sorry you're so horribly underemployed. Still, you might even be a tad overqualified for my job, it's mainly working with Excel documents and some light programming. Certainly beats Walmart though.

FYI, I have an AAS in IT with an emphasis on data entry if you're wondering.

TiredButAwake

Im a mom and ive been trying to find a job for months now :/

Missingno.Fan

Right now I'm just a recess monitor. Since I only work 10 hours a week, I need something else to make a living off of.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
So many places are hiring, especially with the holidays coming up. You aren't always going to get the job you really want right away. Getting a job is better than no job.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I have decided I no longer think 40 hours a week is natural.
I don't think people should be working more hours a week than having time to them self.

I am going to start working part time until I can open my own business in bookkeeping (something I barely consider work).

Does anyone else agree that 40 hours a week is something they don't have an ambition for?

If there's something I want to do 40 hours a week, I want to WANT to do it, not because I need money.
I've been grappling with feeling lazy and not hard working because I don't want to work but I have decided after working full time for a few years that it is not for me and I am okay with that.

Also I've heard that in other countries, 40 hours a week of work isn't the norm anymore. Does anyone have experience with that?

XSilverStarboyX

If you are a pokefan right from the start and you were in middle (or even high) school when those pocket monsters came out...

If your college days are already (way) behind you...

If you now have a job that you want to talk about...

This thread is for you, you hard workers!​

I thought to myself "since there's a student lounge, why not a place for people working??"

Furthermore, it would also be a great opportunity for other forum members to ask us about our job, what is it about, what studies we did, if they're interested in it, etc.

@Mods: please let me know if this thread violates a rule or whatever, I read them but I'm not used to being the OP here...

Anyway, I'll take myself as an example: I finished college 4 years ago, and since then I've been working in PR in Paris (my hometown). Basically, what I do everyday is make sure the media talk about my clients, and in a good way. I'm in constant contact with a lot of journalists and I always tell my clients what to say and what NOT to say. I create and distribute their press releases, manage their press events, etc. I really love my job and I'm sure a lot of people in this forum do so as well, so it would be great to share your experiences.

Can't wait to hear your stories :)
I am a food delivery driver. I hung up the chef uniform after 10 years because I was tired of being pushed around by managers and not making money. With food delivery driving, I make my own schedule, I am basically my own boss, and I've made more money than I ever made as a chef;152

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I have decided I no longer think 40 hours a week is natural.
I don't think people should be working more hours a week than having time to them self.

I am going to start working part time until I can open my own business in bookkeeping (something I barely consider work).

Does anyone else agree that 40 hours a week is something they don't have an ambition for?

If there's something I want to do 40 hours a week, I want to WANT to do it, not because I need money.
I've been grappling with feeling lazy and not hard working because I don't want to work but I have decided after working full time for a few years that it is not for me and I am okay with that.

Also I've heard that in other countries, 40 hours a week of work isn't the norm anymore. Does anyone have experience with that?

I do freelance web work on the side and it pays better than my real job. I'd like to switch to web work all the time because I wouldn't need as many hours either.