• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Wormple Factor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just recently begun a new Emerald playthrough and have been trying to figure out what decides if a Wormple evolves into Cascoon or Silcoon.

A lot of what I have read says that it is based on a set of stats that are not viewable thus basically being random, but there are other ideas out there like that time of evolution can affect it. Is this true?
I want Silcoon but most of the time, in general, I end up getting Cascoon. Currently it's not different and I am considering something new. I noticed the Cascoon shape flashing and stopped it from evolving, then raised it up another level to have it re-evolve but twice now have still recieved Cascoon. This last time I change dup the method some, I'd saved while it was an inch from leveling up then let it evolve completely. So when it ends up being Cascoon I can reset the game.

I'm ready to assume this isn't going to have any affect on the evolution, that no matter what I do I'm gonna get effing Cascoon. This makesd me kinda mad because I love this little Wormple, it's pretty badass but I don't like Dustox.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Wurmple's evolution is based entirely on its personality value. The personality value cannot be changed, so if your Wurmple keeps trying to evolve into Cascoon, it will always evolve into Cascoon and will never become a Silcoon.
And since you can't actually see the personality value, you can't know what your Wurmple's evolution will be until you try to evolve it. If you don't get the evolution you want, you will have to catch another Wurmple and try again.

Next time, please use the help thread for questions like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.