• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Worst Anime Plot

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Hehe. What series have you seen...or avoided that have the worst plots? Like seriously bad.

Off the the top of my head, it has to be Beyblade. Seriously, saving the world with spinning tops. That's worst than card games on motorcycles.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Define "worst".

errrrr...

I'm not sure.

Most confusing or outright "stupid" (That was on purpose though) is probably bobobo-bobobobo...

I'm not sure on my " worst" yet. I tend to see to much emotional merit from most shows anyway. So smh.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I've never watched it myself, but I've been meaning to but Ghost Stories. Seriously, it says something about the show if the dubbers told the voice actors to do whatever they wanted with it. ._.;

wingzx

Heart-under-blade
I've never watched it myself, but I've been meaning to but Ghost Stories. Seriously, it says something about the show if the dubbers told the voice actors to do whatever they wanted with it. ._.;

Ghost stoires? as in bakemonogatari? that anime has a great plot haha. or r u thinking of another anime

hmm id have to say shows like Eiken that just pure fan service

Last edited:
Any anime that has no plot is the one with the worst plot.

like Lucky Star.

You mean half the anime?

I think any anime that tries to have a plot and miserably fails has the worst plot.

Like................

Night Shift Nurses.

*runs away*

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
Ghost stoires? as in bakemonogatari? that anime has a great plot haha. or r u thinking of another anime
No, Ghost Stories as in Ghost Stories. Bakemonogatari doesn't have a dub.

Most of the shows I dislike have terrible or unsympathetic characters rather than a bad plot. Let's see... Umineko had the main character saying "I'm going to prove that magic doesn't exist, even though I'm clearly only in this situation because of magic!", so I guess that was pretty bad. I know it's explained better in other media, but if you've only watched the anime, the premise just makes no sense whatsoever.

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
Hehe. What series have you seen...or avoided that have the worst plots? Like seriously bad.

Off the the top of my head, it has to be Beyblade. Seriously, saving the world with spinning tops. That's worst than card games on motorcycles.
Yes, bayblade makes no sense at all. "Lets all save the entire world with old toys from the 70's but upgraded and with beasts inside!"

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Yes, bayblade makes no sense at all. "Lets all save the entire world with old toys from the 70's but upgraded and with beasts inside!"

With that logic, Yu-Gi-Oh has the same exact plot with cards, except we all know Beyblade's plot was ripped straight from Yu-Gi-Oh and the art's worse. /possible joke

You guys want worst anime plot ever? Micro Teukgongdae Diatron 5 (a.k.a. Space Transformer). I dare you to try to make sense of its plot. I dare you. Same can go with Psychic Wars, even though I hear Garzey's Wing is the worst. (But I haven't seen it yet, so I can't say for sure at the moment.)

Toxicity

Toxic to the touch
The worst I have personally watched was Sword Art Online. My friend was interested in the series and I was interested in trying out anime. The premise is interesting; 10,000 people get stuck in a virtual reality MMO where dying in the game means dying in real life. Unfortunately, the cartoon does little with that premise and just flails around like a drunken chicken. After 10 episodes, we were pretty much watching just to see how bad it would get, and wow, did it get bad. The main character is completely unlikeable, his love story is vapid Twilight-level romance, and the female protagonist gradually becomes little more than a prop.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
School Days

The characters are either idiots or just plain jerks. The main boy in particular you just want to punch him due to some of his actions.

Special mention to dumping the girl he got pregnant and asking her to abort it when she obviously still wants an relationship with him. Bonus points for kissing the other girl in front of her too just to twist the knife even more.

matt0044

Either Eiken or Project A-Ko. I shudder just trying to remember about them...

Please, at least A-ko wasn't meant to be taken so seriously and worked.

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
From what I have watched it would have to be Fruit's Basket, worst plot I've ever seen