• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Worst Anime Plot

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Inb4 Charizard.

wingzx

Heart-under-blade
Gurren Lagann was pretty lazily written, from my perspective. I mean, killing off Kamina so early and *cough*Simon didn't end up bangin' Yoko*cough*? It would've been more fitting if Kamina died at the end or early on in the second half of the series.

might wanna spoiler that haha its a huge thing

also wat Jb said

Xionea

Half a centaur
Gurren Lagann was pretty lazily written, from my perspective. I mean, killing off Kamina so early and *cough*Simon didn't end up bangin' Yoko*cough*? It would've been more fitting if Kamina died at the end or early on in the second half of the series.

Thanks for spoiling that. And I was planning on watching it soon, too... Guess I'm putting it off until I forget about this...

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior

[img139]http://25.media.tumblr.com/04f07050960a12930e7c75b2ddc4b54c/tumblr_mgrtdwkZo91rshzuyo1_500.png[/img139]

It's kind of amazing how you can miss the point of Gurren Lagann that hard. If they saved something like that until the very end of the series for some stupid bullshit drama effect the entire story along with the majority of Simon's character development would be thrown out the window. And Simon didn't bang Yoko? What are you, 12?

CuriousHeartless

Really Green Blockhead. I've made an insult on your username sometime last year, so I'll skip it this time straight for the rant. You missed the entire point of Gurren Lagann. THe ENTIRE point.
Kamina's death was never meant not to be early. It was a driving factor of Simon's, Yoko's, Kittan's, Viral's, and the whole of humanity's development. Characters are allowed to die before the finale, and frankly I like the guy but Kamina had to die when he did. And Yoko was never, ever Simon's love interest. He seemed to have a crush on her, but Yoko was Kamina's love interest. When Kamina died, Yoko moved on to become a teacher and then Kittan's love interest, while Simon got Nia. I think word of God confirmed that Simon and Nia did some stuff, but him and Yoko never would've done anything.

You are allowed to dislike it, but do not be an idiot about it.

Xionea, I'd still suggest watching it. Too bad someone gave away one of the biggest spoilers of the first half to you.

As for the actual thread, I've watched some crap. There was this one poorly done show on CrunchyRoll called Abunai Sisters. It is absolute crap of the highest calibre. Baka and Test was also pretty bad on pretty much everything except test battles, those are pretty cool. General characters and humor were pretty crap in my opinion. Oh, and I actually like it, but Bleach's plot goes to absolute garbage at times.

****, I had forgotten to spoiler that. I wasn't intending to but decided against it while writing the post. Sorry Xionea and those who have had it spoiled for them. I know how it feels to get spoiled a show (It's happened to me before)

[img139]http://25.media.tumblr.com/04f07050960a12930e7c75b2ddc4b54c/tumblr_mgrtdwkZo91rshzuyo1_500.png[/img139]

It's kind of amazing how you can miss the point of Gurren Lagann that hard. If they saved something like that until the very end of the series for some stupid bullshit drama effect the entire story along with the majority of Simon's character development would be thrown out the window. And Simon didn't bang Yoko? What are you, 12?

Don't tell me you took the Simon bangin' Yoko part seriously. Hence why I put it in *cough* tags. Though it was the pairing I was kind of rooting for while watching the show, but I knew it would never happen anyways. :V

Though I do think that if they did save Kamina's death for the end, they could extend the character development onto another series if they made one. What was a breathtaking and big ending would've been more dramatic if that had happened.

Keep in mind that I haven't seen the two movies, so my perspective still may change. I don't hate the show, it spawned some of the greatest morals and phrases ever (ROW ROW, FIGHT DA POWAH!), but I've definitely seen some better anime.

Really Green Blockhead. I've made an insult on your username sometime last year, so I'll skip it this time straight for the rant. You missed the entire point of Gurren Lagann. THe ENTIRE point.
Kamina's death was never meant not to be early. It was a driving factor of Simon's, Yoko's, Kittan's, Viral's, and the whole of humanity's development. Characters are allowed to die before the finale, and frankly I like the guy but Kamina had to die when he did. And Yoko was never, ever Simon's love interest. He seemed to have a crush on her, but Yoko was Kamina's love interest. When Kamina died, Yoko moved on to become a teacher and then Kittan's love interest, while Simon got Nia. I think word of God confirmed that Simon and Nia did some stuff, but him and Yoko never would've done anything.

You are allowed to dislike it, but do not be an idiot about it.

I understand that, but no one likes to see one idol of a character die so early in the series. My enjoyment of the show began to deteriorate as things like that happened. There I was, about to look forward to shipping a good pairing, but then he dies in the next episode. Pffft. But also, keep in mind that Nia was a loli virtual life form created by the Anti-Spirals. Not to mention, it was Simon remembering Kamina and Yoko's kiss that distracted him, thus he didn't do anything which is part of why Kamina died (Don't forget that Tylimph killed him) so he legitimately thought that Yoko had fallen for him. The same thing happened with Yoko and Kittan. She kisses him, then he goes hero and sacrifices himself.

All in all, I personally thought Evangelion was better.

Ampy

Light The Stars
****, I had forgotten to spoiler that. I wasn't intending to but decided against it while writing the post. Sorry Xionea and those who have had it spoiled for them. I know how it feels to get spoiled a show (It's happened to me before)

Don't tell me you took the Simon bangin' Yoko part seriously. Hence why I put it in *cough* tags. Though it was the pairing I was kind of rooting for while watching the show, but I knew it would never happen anyways. :V

Though I do think that if they did save Kamina's death for the end, they could extend the character development onto another series if they made one. What was a breathtaking and big ending would've been more dramatic if that had happened.

Keep in mind that I haven't seen the two movies, so my perspective still may change. I don't hate the show, it spawned some of the greatest morals and phrases ever (ROW ROW, FIGHT DA POWAH!), but I've definitely seen some better anime.

I understand that, but no one likes to see one idol of a character die so early in the series. My enjoyment of the show began to deteriorate as things like that happened. There I was, about to look forward to shipping a good pairing, but then he dies in the next episode. Pffft. But also, keep in mind that Nia was a loli virtual life form created by the Anti-Spirals. Not to mention, it was Simon remembering Kamina and Yoko's kiss that distracted him, thus he didn't do anything which is part of why Kamina died (Don't forget that Tylimph killed him) so he legitimately thought that Yoko had fallen for him. The same thing happened with Yoko and Kittan. She kisses him, then he goes hero and sacrifices himself.

All in all, I personally thought Evangelion was better.

So... your enjoyment of the show was spoiled by a pairing? Dear god, stick to your shitty shoujo anime.

Simon is everything Shinji should have been

So... your enjoyment of the show was spoiled by a pairing? Dear god, stick to your shitty shoujo anime.

Simon is everything Shinji should have been

No, it just wasn't that good after
Kamina's death. Because come on, he was a ****ing badass, legend, everything, you name it.

Though I agree on that point.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior

No. God no. Planning to develop characters later in a possible sequel? That's terrible.

And again, saving that sort of thing for the end would have changed the entire show. That big breathtaking ending? Wouldn't have happened. It was only possible because
happened first.

What Ampy said.

No, it just wasn't that good after
Kamina's death. Because come on, he was a ****ing badass, legend, everything, you name it.

Though I agree on that point.

[spoil]Don't say a show has lazy writing because it kills off you favourite character, simple as that. If anything that's a sign of good writing, since the charisma of that character shined through and elicited an emotional response from you, the viewer.[/spoil]

[spoil]Don't say a show has lazy writing because it kills off you favourite character, simple as that. If anything that's a sign of good writing, since the charisma of that character shined through and elicited an emotional response from you, the viewer.[/spoil]

[spoil]Actually, I should've said, I was referring to how they introduced Nia. Killing off Kamina wasn't lazy, that's for sure.[/spoil]

You'd do anything to defend your favorite anime, wouldn't you now?

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
Garrun lagan, it's plot was and is horrendous, the only reason why it became so freakin popular was it's theme and characters (which I agree, but the story was terrible).

SAO, had great characters, shitty story, lots of interesting themes floating around, shitty story, it took the theme that .Hack did and did it even better, still really shitty story... eh for and ending, I was very disappointed, I had high hopes.... down the drain.

What I see a lot of on here is themes and elements of a story, not the plot, what the character has to deal with, what they're doing with the other characters in relation to the main story, themes and elements spice it up, yes, but they have nothing to do with the premise of the plot overall because that's mainly done between the main character and the characters around them, which is the main thing in anime in how they write they're series.

Garrun lagan, it's plot was and is horrendous, the only reason why it became so freakin popular was it's theme and characters (which I agree, but the story was terrible).

Want to be friends?

I hope you've brought a rock type with you. That Charizard is gonna come flying and it won't be too happy when it hears what you've said...

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Sword Art Online, any remnants of an interesting plot is overpowered by the annoying, angst that they continually try to convey between the main character and the many different chicks he encounters every episode and the fanservice.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
[spoil]Actually, I should've said, I was referring to how they introduced Nia. Killing off Kamina wasn't lazy, that's for sure.[/spoil]

You'd do anything to defend your favorite anime, wouldn't you now?

Well yeah. 'Course I would. Fight a bear even. Saying you're wrong isn't really going to far.

Can't tell if this is trolling or not. Kinda sad if not, can't even spell the name of the show they're insulting.

[spoil]Gurren Lagann is about how humanity can achieve anything. The story is centered around people who start off in a small village underground who then go to conquer the surface world, the Earth, the Moon, the Galaxy, and then the Universe. The exponential rate at which the story advances, the way the plot is set up, the mechas themselves, the spiral, and the "human spirit" are all used with a drill as a metaphor. The drill is the driving force that keeps pushing and eventually breaks through i.e. humans can achieve anything if they try their best. This point is hammered home and straight on told to the viewers so how anyone can miss it is beyond me. The over the top presentation and charisma that eminates out of this show along with the straightforward uplifting and inspirational theme/message is why it's my favourite. The character designs, mechas, killer soundtrack, great dialogue and cheesy one-liners, dynamic animation, story arcs, and just general badassery all suit my own personal tastes as well.[/spoil]

I hope you've brought a rock type with you. That Charizard is gonna come flying and it won't be too happy when it hears what you've said...

Hey now.

Don't steal ParaChomps jokes. He works hard on those.

Gurren Lagann is obviously terrible because *snore*

And I know you're trolling.

CuriousHeartless

I will admit Gurren Lagann is not the best story ever, but I do still love it. I have seen some lazy parts (Rosius' (Howerver your spell his name, it's the only one I can't get right) character development for example was absolute garbage) but Nia's introduction was not that poorly written and while it wasn't amazing I don't see how it could drive you off.

Also, I am deciding to be like everyone and add SAO on my list of crap animes. Too bad, I was looking forward to it and looking forward to Sym-Bionic Titan and Thundercats being retired (Don't get me wrong, they were okay, but they really didn't feel right on Toonami to me). But it was pretty junk in my opinion with the characters being rather plain. Actually, I started hating it second episode when they said that there were limited enemies and XP and I just felt that it was a stupid plot point. It didn't surprise any characters, so they had to know that. Who would ever play an MMORPG where it was known that the XP base was set and you had to be fast to get XP or you could never level up since it is lost to someone else. Sure it is possible that they learned it off-screen, but it was neither shown nor told (Maybe it was, actually. I just care so little it is possible I'm forgetting it.) Just that fridge logic set me off the show some early on, but the main character interested me as a character. He went anti-hero way to hard and way to fast, I lost any like of him immediately.

Now excuse me while I go watch some still flawed but entertaining Trigun (Watch it, you know you want to!) to get some quality back in my life.

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I'm surprised no one said Digimon Xros Wars Young Hunters yet.
Xros Wars is awesome, but no one will ever know why it ends with a plot-less garbage known as Young Hunters arc.

And yeah, add me to the list of anyone who think SAO's plot is bad.
It's so bad and bland I already knew how bad it is from just reading the summary of the series, without needing to watch even a single episode.
It's yet another "story of two lovers" anime, they didn't really explore the online game aspect like what the .hack series did. SAO is basically a more popular version of Ragnarok the Animation, yet Ragnarok the Animation has better characters and plot.