• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Worst Part of Your Day?

ChloboShoka

Writer
Finding out my uncle died.

I've been feeling really uncomfortable today, and I can't pinpoint why. Sometimes I'll just be sitting there and then feel a pang of guilt for no reason. And it doesn't feel that nice at all.

MechanisticMoth

Eloquent Speaker
I've been feeling really uncomfortable today, and I can't pinpoint why. Sometimes I'll just be sitting there and then feel a pang of guilt for no reason. And it doesn't feel that nice at all.

I feel that way, too. Normally, I can chalk it up to being bipolar, even when medicated. It really doesn't feel good, especially when you have the feeling but there's no actual reason why.

MechanisticMoth

Eloquent Speaker
Well, today I went to the dentist for the first time in 5.5 years. Waiting that long was a mistake. Have to get 3 of my fillings replaced and 4 new ones. Apparently my insurance only covers fillings on certain teeth. The dentist also said I need to finally get my wisdom teeth removed (I'm 27... I know, I know).

Fillings: $500
Wisdom Teeth: Surprisingly only $150

Thank goodness for my tax return.

Veens

Given I've overall had quite a good day, I'd like to list some bad things as well.

I feel like I've lost a friend today.

Nygma

The person I was working with at work today is bloody useless. I spent the whole day pulling his weight along with my own. Sick of it :(

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Being so lost in Physics and not being able to answer a majority of one of the homeworks that I'm spiraling in sadness and anxiety. This happens once or twice a week.

I'm going back to school tomorrow... and part of me is actually feeling dread. Homework, boring classes, bullies and having to get up super early in the morning are just some of my worries, and what's more, I haven't been able to find my school bag containing all my books, so I can't find my homework. I'm not feeling great at all right now.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Got made fun of by one of the tutors in the tutorial center at my school, he then proceeded to give me false directions and then ignore me for the rest of the session :/ Lord, I hate this place.

MechanisticMoth

Eloquent Speaker
I'm going back to school tomorrow... and part of me is actually feeling dread. Homework, boring classes, bullies and having to get up super early in the morning are just some of my worries, and what's more, I haven't been able to find my school bag containing all my books, so I can't find my homework. I'm not feeling great at all right now.

I hope your day back (today) goes alright. School can be rough, but I'm sure you'll overcome! Don't let people like bullies win; strive to achieve great things, and then that will really show them.

Got made fun of by one of the tutors in the tutorial center at my school, he then proceeded to give me false directions and then ignore me for the rest of the session :/ Lord, I hate this place.

Did you report the tutor? That sounds like they're capitalizing on their position and not fulfilling their job obligations.

I hope your day back (today) goes alright. School can be rough, but I'm sure you'll overcome! Don't let people like bullies win; strive to achieve great things, and then that will really show them.

Firstly, thanks for being really nice and supporting!

The school day itself was alright (although the computing cyber bullying talk was quite deep and shocking), but I've been having tiny stress breakdowns today about other things - mainly a reason that I'd rather keep personal. Just now I went into tears that I have this tricky maths homework in for tomorrow that was set over our week off, and I know that the fact that I'm doing it now is my fault and my fault alone. I'll try and get through this, though.

MechanisticMoth

Eloquent Speaker
Firstly, thanks for being really nice and supporting!

The school day itself was alright (although the computing cyber bullying talk was quite deep and shocking), but I've been having tiny stress breakdowns today about other things - mainly a reason that I'd rather keep personal. Just now I went into tears that I have this tricky maths homework in for tomorrow that was set over our week off, and I know that the fact that I'm doing it now is my fault and my fault alone. I'll try and get through this, though.

No worries about keeping it personal. Just know that you have a whole community of people to support you and there's also professional help, too. Finding a professional person to talk to really works, and it helped me get through a lot of my mental health issues.

- - -

Worst part of my day so far has been catching a cold and still coming to work. I also am getting that dental stuff done on Thursday. I asked my boss if I could work from home that day, and she seemed pretty reticent but eventually acquiesced. Just weird since my former boss was so easygoing about working from home.

Being on an overly crowded bus where I couldn't move, forced to stand right next to a guy eating one of those Jamaican beef patty things. He breathed in my face a lot and spilled crumbs on me.

Other than that I had a pretty good day.

Samayouru

Rabid Dusclops Fan
I've been told that the family whose pet I take care of during the week will be moving soon - meaning that I won't be able to petsit any more. I'm sad, but I guess I could use the encouragement to try out other things in life and keep moving on.