• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Worst Part of Your Day?

Ereshkigal

Talking with family on the days I do it. They are not exactly good people, and my coldhearted tendencies are a survival mechanism from dealing with them.

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
Stressing on doing the requirements because it's due date is today. -_-

MechanisticMoth

Eloquent Speaker
I've been told that the family whose pet I take care of during the week will be moving soon - meaning that I won't be able to petsit any more. I'm sad, but I guess I could use the encouragement to try out other things in life and keep moving on.
Petsitting is fun, but at least you can go and explore other stuff that you'll like just as much, if not more!

Talking with family on the days I do it. They are not exactly good people, and my coldhearted tendencies are a survival mechanism from dealing with them.
I'm really close with my core family, a cousin, and an uncle. Other than that, I try not to deal with my family, so I get that.

I've been stressing out about a reason I don't really wanna post on the internet, but it doesn't feel good.
Hope you feel better and know that we're always there for you and so are other people happy to help you!

That's rough. If this is for school, I recommend looking at their grading rubric (if they don't have one, shame on them) or asking any questions.

- - - - - - -
My day has been frustrating at best. My company always seems to have some big issue every Friday, and a lot of the issues fall on me to communicate them. It's aggravating that the responsibilities are put on me when all I do is press send.
I'm applying elsewhere, but right now feels like my master's degree was absolutely meaningless.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
-Knowing someone I'm supposed to be helping out is hesitant of having me despite everything I can do, because of family tension
-Being disowned by half my "family" due to a very petty thing that happened a long time ago
-Knowing something bad is going to happen after having it good for a few months... too good.
I'm going back to school tomorrow... and part of me is actually feeling dread. Homework, boring classes, bullies and having to get up super early in the morning are just some of my worries, and what's more, I haven't been able to find my school bag containing all my books, so I can't find my homework. I'm not feeling great at all right now.
Hey, chin up! Homework and boring classes gives you something to do. I would focus on those two things, getting depressed isn't going to affect anyone but yourself so if you love yourself, stand up for yourself! If you're getting bullied, call them out on their BS and use your intelligence to your advantage. People bothering you care about you too much to even focus on themselves and their own insecurities. If someone's messing with you, tell your parents and teacher. The worst advice my father ever told me back in middle school was to ignore them and let them stomp all over you since apparently asking to be switched out or even a hint of a better solution is running away from your problems. Don't let what they say to you get to you. Coming from someone who's been called every name in the book, I stopped caring what other people thought of me and focus on myself (getting good grades and improving myself in order to get out of my situation long term). If you're respectful and nice to those who never did you harm, it will help greatly. Even if a girl makes a snark remark to you, try to play along with it or say, "What's your beef stranger?! :p" Getting up super early does suck (There were times where I barely got any sleep back in high school), you could take a morning art class to catch some Zzz like I did (I still did my work though.) You're a very good person, show off your personality and try to relate to people. I know most girls just want someone to talk to once they realize you're not like those other attention seeking backstabbing females. ;)
I hope you found your stuff by now.

Got made fun of by one of the tutors in the tutorial center at my school, he then proceeded to give me false directions and then ignore me for the rest of the session :/ Lord, I hate this place.
Your tutor is such a douche. Very uncalled for and unprofessional. Sadly we have to deal with these types of people. Not sure why that guy has to pick on someone just to make themselves feel better. I hope things got better.

Start doing what you can now! You still have time and even if you do it late, it's better than never doing it. Why must school torture us with these things!

My day has been frustrating at best. My company always seems to have some big issue every Friday, and a lot of the issues fall on me to communicate them. It's aggravating that the responsibilities are put on me when all I do is press send.
I'm applying elsewhere, but right now feels like my master's degree was absolutely meaningless.
Good luck on the job hunt! I'm in the same boat (but I don't have something valuable like a master's degree.) It is worth it, actually you've very much qualified seeing that not everyone wants to get a master's degree unless they have to. The time you spent getting it isn't meaningless. You're on the right path ad I hope you find a job that treats you better and maybe with less responsibilities if you can find it. Don't give up, it'll come to you. I'm in the same boat and the waiting game sucks.

Last edited:

MechanisticMoth

Eloquent Speaker
Good luck on the job hunt! I'm in the same boat (but I don't have something valuable like a master's degree.) It is worth it, actually you've very much qualified seeing that not everyone wants to get a master's degree unless they have to. The time you spent getting it isn't meaningless. You're on the right path ad I hope you find a job that treats you better and maybe with less responsibilities if you can find it. Don't give up, it'll come to you. I'm in the same boat and the waiting game sucks.

Thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate it. I know my degree was worth it, but my job does not respect it in the least nor does it challenge me to even want to succeed here. I hate giving in to my corporate overlords when this is the exact s**t I was writing against in grad school. I feel like such a hypocrite.

On that note, the thing that was bothering me at work on Friday only intensified today. Someone messed up which caused me to send the email to the completely wrong people. I just got 'splained by a senior vice president even though I didn't do anything wrong. The way this company runs its business is completely backwards, and I'm surprised we somehow (allegedly) make a profit every year.

satopi

Thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate it. I know my degree was worth it, but my job does not respect it in the least nor does it challenge me to even want to succeed here. I hate giving in to my corporate overlords when this is the exact s**t I was writing against in grad school. I feel like such a hypocrite.

On that note, the thing that was bothering me at work on Friday only intensified today. Someone messed up which caused me to send the email to the completely wrong people. I just got 'splained by a senior vice president even though I didn't do anything wrong. The way this company runs its business is completely backwards, and I'm surprised we somehow (allegedly) make a profit every year.
Oh man I hate it when we have no choice but to give in to the corporate bosses. It's like they feel like since you're a lowly lower leveled position than they are, they can chew you out, step on you, light you on fire, piss out the fire, and still blame you for what happened even when it was never your fault and not in your control as you're licking your wounds. And all because you're reliant on this job.

Of course you have to take the blame for someone else's mistake. It's like they write off your legitimate explanations as "excuses" just to have a reason to yell at you. I'm really sorry you had to go through another rough day. You should find a job that treats you better and appreciate you. You're a valuable member in the business. It doesn't take one man to run a company, everyone in there is a huge contribution. Try to stick it through and not let what they say get to you until you secure another job. It isn't wise to quit without another position to go to unless you really can't stand being there. Lets do our best and cheer ourselves up with something enjoyable! :)

MechanisticMoth

Eloquent Speaker
Oh man I hate it when we have no choice but to give in to the corporate bosses. It's like they feel like since you're a lowly lower leveled position than they are, they can chew you out, step on you, light you on fire, piss out the fire, and still blame you for what happened even when it was never your fault and not in your control as you're licking your wounds. And all because you're reliant on this job.

Of course you have to take the blame for someone else's mistake. It's like they write off your legitimate explanations as "excuses" just to have a reason to yell at you. I'm really sorry you had to go through another rough day. You should find a job that treats you better and appreciate you. You're a valuable member in the business. It doesn't take one man to run a company, everyone in there is a huge contribution. Try to stick it through and not let what they say get to you until you secure another job. It isn't wise to quit without another position to go to unless you really can't stand being there. Lets do our best and cheer ourselves up with something enjoyable! :)

Yeah, I'm on the lookout. Applying at the state school to be an academic advisor. I also found a humanities nonprofit that sounds pretty fun. I just want something where I'm actually making a difference that doesn't involve stuffing my libertarian corporate overlords' pockets with cash.

Again on that note, I got hit in the face with Mardi Gras beads at work. I also had to come into work. So there ya go.

satopi

Yeah, I'm on the lookout. Applying at the state school to be an academic advisor. I also found a humanities nonprofit that sounds pretty fun. I just want something where I'm actually making a difference that doesn't involve stuffing my libertarian corporate overlords' pockets with cash.

Again on that note, I got hit in the face with Mardi Gras beads at work. I also had to come into work. So there ya go.
Hey that's a start! You'll eventually find what you're looking for! :)

Ouch! Talk about assault.

Despite not really much happening today, I've been feeling really drained this evening. I just feel oddly sad, and I can't shake the feeling off. It might be because my sister refusing to continue playing Amnesia: Memories with me after promising to yesterday, but I don't think such a small refusal would leave me feeling like this.

satopi

Despite not really much happening today, I've been feeling really drained this evening. I just feel oddly sad, and I can't shake the feeling off. It might be because my sister refusing to continue playing Amnesia: Memories with me after promising to yesterday, but I don't think such a small refusal would leave me feeling like this.
.... Hormones? Working too much today? Not being able to relax psychologically? I hope your sister makes up for breaking the promise. There's always tomorrow and staying up all night playing it lol!

MechanisticMoth

Eloquent Speaker
Well, today due to some "emergencies," I got to work a 10 hour day. It doesn't help that my train ride is 45 minutes both times a day. Luckily, I have my tablet to read comics on. Nevertheless, my partner put it correctly that it's one thing to work late and another thing to work late for something you don't like.

I hate diagnosing people, especially strangers over the internet, but that kind of describes how I felt before I knew I was bipolar and was unmedicated; my moods fluctuated for no real rhyme or reason. I'm also the type of bipolar where I have mostly mids and lows rather than any highs, so the idea of bipolarism being extreme opposite emotions that can change in an instante is a little exaggerated. I also overreacted or even underreacted to a lot of what was going on around me. One hour you can feel totally disassociated with reality and another hour be completely transfixed yet utterly upset.

Just some food for thought!

.... Hormones? Working too much today? Not being able to relax psychologically? I hope your sister makes up for breaking the promise. There's always tomorrow and staying up all night playing it lol!

I hate diagnosing people, especially strangers over the internet, but that kind of describes how I felt before I knew I was bipolar and was unmedicated; my moods fluctuated for no real rhyme or reason. I'm also the type of bipolar where I have mostly mids and lows rather than any highs, so the idea of bipolarism being extreme opposite emotions that can change in an instante is a little exaggerated. I also overreacted or even underreacted to a lot of what was going on around me. One hour you can feel totally disassociated with reality and another hour be completely transfixed yet utterly upset.

Thanks for the support! I'm hoping to ask my mum about the whole stress thing and see what she thinks about it, and my sister said she's gonna try and play more Amnesia with me if her homework this evening isn't too much. I'm just thinking that hopefully everything will go up from here :)

satopi

Well, today due to some "emergencies," I got to work a 10 hour day. It doesn't help that my train ride is 45 minutes both times a day. Luckily, I have my tablet to read comics on. Nevertheless, my partner put it correctly that it's one thing to work late and another thing to work late for something you don't like.
Stay strong!!

Thanks for the support! I'm hoping to ask my mum about the whole stress thing and see what she thinks about it, and my sister said she's gonna try and play more Amnesia with me if her homework this evening isn't too much. I'm just thinking that hopefully everything will go up from here :)
It's no problem! I'm glad to hear you feeling better. Don't try to stress over the small things, it's smart of you to ask your mom about it. Keep your mind off of what's bothering you temporarily and relax for the time that you have. :)

MechanisticMoth

Eloquent Speaker

The hardest part of being a teen and going through bipolar stuff (when I was misdiagnosed for regular depression) was talking to my parents about it. To tell someone that I was hurting while being a teen was really difficult to do. It takes a lot of courage and it's hard, but overall after some stops and go's, it turned out for the best. My parents were one of my biggest supporters, even if I still have a hard time talking to them. Plus, they've never dealt with what I do, so the conversations can still be awkward, but it helps to share what I feel with them every now and again.

ChloboShoka

Writer
Some of my friends in another anime community are involved in real drama and conflict right now. I don't know which side to go on, but I want to support both sides and hope it gets resolved soon but I can't see it being a peaceful ending. They keep telling me not to be silly, but I just want to stand up for and to my friends.

satopi

I've had a massive headache since I woke up today. I don't think it'll wear off soon either.
What a coincidence! I was suffering a major headache all day yesterday (my forehead wouldn't stop twitching!) It didn't go away until I went to sleep. You can try a bag of ice or some aspirin (I took neither).

MechanisticMoth

Eloquent Speaker
What a coincidence! I was suffering a major headache all day yesterday (my forehead wouldn't stop twitching!) It didn't go away until I went to sleep. You can try a bag of ice or some aspirin (I took neither).

I've had a chronic daily headache 24/7 for the last 14 years despite the numerous professionals I've seen and crazy concoctions of medications, so I totally get that. Hope you and vanillite1 feel better and headacheless!