• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Worst Part of Your Day?

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
Saturday overnight at work we were under a bomb threat. A police officer was there so it was a scary situation. Hourly associates that were not supervisors weren't told anything so they wouldn't panic. The only reason I knew about it is because I'm in charge of the front end and also the safety team lead.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Public speaking today.

Only in front of six though so it should be OK but I'm still anxious about it, as I have been whenever I have to do one.

Looking forward to after it's done though. Shiny hunting or Mario Kart, one of the two.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Today I woke up at 7:00am and had to be in my office at 9:00am. I had to wait for my boss to sign my contracts for my internship and then send them back at my university to sign them as well. I expected that they would sign them right away but they rejected and only told me that I will have to wait for a while so I left my documents there. To do all this I had to take the train four times and the bus twice while the troley bus drivers were on strike resulting to more crowded busses making the whole thing unbearable. I returned home at 12:00pm and feel like my body is broken especially my legs. When I think that I have to keep doing my dissertation as well doesn't make things any better. I will probably take the day off and relax because I have to work tomorrow and then go to university to attend my last class.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
I guess worry my mom may throw out my 'sock skates' cuz they're filled with holes o.o

And worry she might think they're too dangerous to skate with now.

Regular socks just don't work so i hope i can still enjoy these just a little longer -_-;

And...uhhh....thats pretty much the only thing today that peeved me.

So far i'm having an awesome day :)

Yesterday I had no motivation to post this, but today I feel a little more refreshed, albeit still emotionally drained.

So yesterday was going by normally, not much happening, and then in the evening I was told by my mum that the school I go to is officially closing down in July. It made no sense, it was extremely abrupt, but it was genuine. I'm lucky enough that I had a plan to be home-educated, but I feel extremely worried for my two closest friends, who didn't want to have to move schools since they've done it so much in the past. Last night was spent with me being extremely upset about how the place that made me who I am today was being destroyed out of nowhere, and that it was affecting the lives of so many people who I respect and care for. I'm more calm this morning, but it's still pissing me off. I understand that schools have to end one day, but not this abruptly.

LadyTriox

I'll just say this and no more:
THE SOUL SNATCHERS. THE VERY IDEA OF THEM IN MY HEAD. AND MY TELLING A PERSON ON THIS FORUM ABOUT THEM.

AND THOSE WITCHES ARE VERY REAL. AND THEY WANNA TAKE OVER MY BODY.

AND I HOPE KORRINA ISN'T ONE IN DESGUISE AS SOMEONE VERY LOVABLE AND 'NICE'.

...my life feels like its gonna end now D:

Maybe i do have scizphrenia

MechanisticMoth

Eloquent Speaker
So I've been sick the last few days. Luckily, I was still able to work from home, but I forced myself to come to work today. I still feel pretty miserable, but at least I'm showing the effort.

Also, I've been diagnosed as bipolar for the last 7 years and was showing signs of it when I was in middle school. I'm going through a manic period right now where my emotions are bouncing all over the place without me being in control. It's lead to me spending an excessive amount of money. Every time I resist buying something, I end up buying something else. My poor credit card and bank account.

LadyTriox

Ahhh...i'd have to say seeing serebiiforums as a 'dead zone' after spending about an hour petting my dog.

AKA, no new posts or messages from other members. o.o At all. After spending pretty much a whole hour with my favorite animal.

...I guess also my distrust twards 'cute' things issue was really bad, too. Though sadly i'm USED to getting that way by now, kinda, sorta. Not sure if i could really be 'used' to something like that, but....ITS BEEN AN ISSUE WITH ME FOR YEARS. Anyways fortunetly that didn't last too long. I seemed to get over it after making a bunch of mlp threads on my forum today :) Go figure.

So far today's been a pretty okay day for me. *snuggle's my cute korrina*

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Were do I start..I just got out of work at 12pm and I have to be back at 9pm..Pretty much I'll be leaving at 8-8:30pm, so I have to wake up way before that so I can get around and eat. I'm barely going to get any sleep because the moron neighbor is upstairs blaring music loud. My body is killing me. I shoveled, hauled, and dumped 50 buckets of Phosphate sludge today. I also shot a high pressure firehose today for 10 hours. I'm hurting so bad, plus I have a damn head cold. I had to skip my breaks today so I could get the job done. It was a nightmare. Just to think I get to do it all again in a couple hours..

LadyTriox

All the confusion i just went through now :<

...till i remembered what surfingpichu told me over skype a few days ago.

Still shaking from the pain though. And i thought i had to stop loving korrina and.

I'm still a crying freaked out mess :<

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I know I need fillings in my teeth. Problem is, my dental insurance sucks and doesn't cover fillings at all, and the dentist I'm going to now thinks I need crowns and wants to charge me up the *** for them. Today, the pain is really starting to get to me.

This makes me really hope I get that job. Hopefully, their dental insurance will be better, and I can go back to my old dentist and get these fillings taken care of.

MechanisticMoth

Eloquent Speaker
I know I need fillings in my teeth. Problem is, my dental insurance sucks and doesn't cover fillings at all, and the dentist I'm going to now thinks I need crowns and wants to charge me up the *** for them. Today, the pain is really starting to get to me.

This makes me really hope I get that job. Hopefully, their dental insurance will be better, and I can go back to my old dentist and get these fillings taken care of.

I resisted going to the dentist for 5 years, and it was a terrible mistake. Got a bunch of fillings and my wisdom teeth removed. There went the majority of my tax return.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Still suffering from the most horrendous allergy attack I've had in years, simply because I walked inside my grandparents' cigarette smoke stuffed house. I love them to pieces, but they wonder why I don't visit them more often. It's because going to their house just about kills me every time.

TikTok13

Oh, I have a title?
After a great day, I walked home in the rain with my crush. We had some banter about stuff, and played truth or dare. I asked her if she'd ever date this guy, and she said "I don't know." So, yeah. Then we split, she going one way and me the other. When I got home, she started to (text) ask me why I asked her that. I explained, and then, after a few moments, she said "I thought so and so would have been your type." I replied that I've only ever loved one person. She said one person, and I said no, before she suggested herself. I said "...uh...yeah". Then she said the worst.

"I'm sorry [Insert Name Here] but I've never liked you that way and I never will. I'm sorry"

Kill me now.

Please.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
/sigh

Another day, another rejection following a job interview, another sinking feeling of dread because I feel like I'm going to be stuck in my dead-end retail job forever. All because I'm not smart enough, pretty enough, charismatic enough, or good enough of an interviewer and never will be.

ebevan91

Wasn't even 7AM before finding out Chris Cornell died. Day off to a bad start already.

MechanisticMoth

Eloquent Speaker
I'm not actually too bummed about it because I'm out of academia and not chasing down a publication, but I got a proposal for a journal article about radical feminism in the 70s inside the Underground Comix scene in the US turned down. I was disappointed because it's one of my favorite pieces I've written, but rejections don't bother me too much.

Still suffering from the most horrendous allergy attack I've had in years, simply because I walked inside my grandparents' cigarette smoke stuffed house. I love them to pieces, but they wonder why I don't visit them more often. It's because going to their house just about kills me every time.

My grandpa smoked a lot, and I hated it when I was younger. Now, whenever I smell his certain brand of cigarettes, I'm reminded of him. Double-edged sword/memory. Still, crappy that you are feeling awful.

After a great day, I walked home in the rain with my crush. We had some banter about stuff, and played truth or dare. I asked her if she'd ever date this guy, and she said "I don't know." So, yeah. Then we split, she going one way and me the other. When I got home, she started to (text) ask me why I asked her that. I explained, and then, after a few moments, she said "I thought so and so would have been your type." I replied that I've only ever loved one person. She said one person, and I said no, before she suggested herself. I said "...uh...yeah". Then she said the worst.

"I'm sorry [Insert Name Here] but I've never liked you that way and I never will. I'm sorry"

Kill me now.

Please.

That is rough. I hate being attached to liking someone for so long and then getting turned down. I know it's a bummer now, but at least this will help you move on and find someone even more amazing down the road. It took me a long time to find my current girlfriend, and we were basically made for each other. Sometimes it's okay to go through the sh*t because it makes you a better person and prepares you for the right one.

Sorry if that sounded like lame dad advice.

/sigh

Another day, another rejection following a job interview, another sinking feeling of dread because I feel like I'm going to be stuck in my dead-end retail job forever. All because I'm not smart enough, pretty enough, charismatic enough, or good enough of an interviewer and never will be.

It took me months to find a halfway decent job after I got my master's degree. The job search is awful, degrading, and a major beatdown. Use the retail job as a ground base and keep on trying. Also, you're smart enough; you're guaranteed to know something other people don't and you can always teach someone something. Don't know if you're pretty enough, and I don't really care because that shouldn't be a grading for job applications because, y'know, that's discriminatory. I don't know you, so I can't completely judge about charisma, but I believe you can shine through. Also, you're always good enough, you just have to find the right fit, which is really f-ing hard! Overall, don't get too discouraged and take everything as a learning experience.

Wasn't even 7AM before finding out Chris Cornell died. Day off to a bad start already.
Yeah, that was a bummer. It didn't hit me too hard, but I saw some friends seriously affected, and it's hard to watch an artist end their lives.

The worst part of my day occurred earlier today when I was playing Injustice 2. It was when I was doing story mode and it took me more than one attempt to win a certain fight.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
Just a little while ago I tripped in a parking lot and injured my left wrist, right hand, and right knee. I called-in for work since I work in a few hours. Hoping I will be better tomorrow ( which is also my birthday).