• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Worst Part of Your Day?

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
The worst part of today was getting written up for something that happened a month ago at work in which I actually did what the assistant manager on duty said to do even though it violates company policy. The assistant manager who wrote me up explained what the process is since I don't agree with it and that he would let the store manager know that I wish to discuss the situation with him.

I know this one isn't that big, but I've been waiting to buy a game for a while now but was too shy to ask if I can buy it since it's a dating sim game. I finally gained the courage to and I was allowed to buy it, but the very day I decide to buy it the steam servers just happen to fail and the money transaction can't go through. Like I said, it's a very minor thing, and I get that. It just kinda pissed me off a little and I wanted to vent.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I know this one isn't that big, but I've been waiting to buy a game for a while now but was too shy to ask if I can buy it since it's a dating sim game. I finally gained the courage to and I was allowed to buy it, but the very day I decide to buy it the steam servers just happen to fail and the money transaction can't go through. Like I said, it's a very minor thing, and I get that. It just kinda pissed me off a little and I wanted to vent.

You don't even need to talk to anyone on Steam, what is there to be nervous about

You don't even need to talk to anyone on Steam, what is there to be nervous about

I meant ask my mum irl if I can buy it, since I'm not yet old enough to access my bank account.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Living on a farm, i've been having allergic reactions to grass all day. As i did yesterday, and as i will tomorrow. Fml.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Just had the interview - it turns out it was the screening interviews. I've passed these and will now move onto the next stage tomorrow - and I'll find out by the end of the day whether I have the job.

Some background information results in me finding out that the job in question is more or less door to door sales with my money paid only by how many sales I make. No sales = no money. Annoyed as it's cleverly disguised as face to face sales and direct marketing. Naive little ol' me assumed that would be pitching ideas to people in offices, not outside their homes.

Would be OKish if I wasn't spending £11 a day for a train - and yes I would have to pay that myself.

Time to apply for more jobs. Feel a bit hard done by.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
Probably telling my BEST friend i considered dropping our friendship X_X Over my own over sensitive personality...

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I got interupted by a customer during my first break at work. I had my vest off, receipt in one hand for a snack I had bought and am carrying in the other and a customer had the nerve to want me to help them. It is so disrespectful to bother a worker when they are clearly on break. I told the customer I was on break and that they needed to find someone else who wasn't on break. I know my manager would've stuck up for me since I was clearly on break. The night continued to get worse when I printed out the schedule and find the front end staffing is absolutely horrible and will not help serve the customer.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Having guests who demand and yell at you over the most ridiculous and entitled of things is tiring and mentally frustrating. I've come to the decision to stop trying to be a people pleaser and learn to enjoy pissing people off instead of empathizing them or make every situation into a "well how would I want to be treated if we switched roles and how do you think they feel" thing. I follow what my body reacts to when getting yelled at (listening to their complaints, finding a solution, staying calm, and never arguing back) but the problem is guests coming to me over stuff that I really can't help them with and when I tell them (wording differently) no. Why do guests expect me to drop everything that I'm doing while I'm clearly doing my work to help them like they're my boss? When I tell you I don't know where your white hat is, to ask Front Desk, and going out my way to ask my coworkers, I don't expect you respond by acting like I'm keeping your precious hat prisoner ("Where is my hat?! I want my hat!") when I clearly told you I don't have it. It just stresses me out internally even more. And don't get me started on the guests who throw a complete temper tantrum, yelling at the top of their lungs about how Housekeeping didn't clean their room when they were gone for 4 hours. Do they not understand this hotel has more than 1 room that isn't yours and housekeepers get 13-18 rooms or even more everyday. No, you're not more important than checkouts. Sorry that we can't read your mind about when you left and what time you wanted your room cleaned.

But on the bright side, a guest said the most nicest response anyone has ever said to me. When I asked if he needed anything, he said, "No, only your genuine smile is what makes my day better." :)

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
Maybe hearing palerus prime time come on XD I still remember how horrified i was by last saterday's episode... :(

satopi

I messed up on a job application for a position I really wanted and I didn't notice until a week later. Even worse is that the website isn't listing the position. I wrote the cover letter and my resume and the only thing I forgot was my first position on my resume which was centered around customer service and one of the longest companies I stayed at. I decided to send in another application just to correct my past mistake and I contacted the company to ask if they were hiring. Fingers double crossed if I even get a chance. I can't believe I screwed up! >_<

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
A group I was raiding with somehow got split in 3 and I ended up without them after just a few raids. Then just about 10 minutes ago while doing a Zapdos raid I beat it with five others. 8 out of my 10 PRemier Balls missed majorly due to server lag. I contacted Niantic Support about it. If they don't respond how I want, then they can face social pressure.

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
So I'm with a group chat with a couple of close friends I have been friends with for about 5-6 years. I recently just checked it and I feel like I'm not even friends with anyone there anymore. I just checked today and these guys were talking about going to a convention, and I had no clue such a thing was going on. I didn't even get invited to go with them. They are even starting a campaign on DND and I never got asked if I wanted to play.

In fact most of the time I don't even get invited over their houses, or get invited to hang out with them anymore. I even try to start conversations with them on occasion, but every time I try to start something I'm either ignored or I'm overshadowed by the inappropriate content they post.

We used to play on Xbox Live a lot too, but then suddenly they stopped inviting me to their games just out of the blue. I even try to get into a conversation with them, but every time I try to start something I'm either heavily ignored or I'm just over shadowed by the innapopritate stuff they post on occasion. The worst part is I noticed this started to happen about 2 years ago.

I know this doesn't really seem like a big deal, but it does to me considering the fact that I go to college and I don't have a lot of friends to talk to IRL in the first place. When I'm not at college or doing work I'm just sitting here alone doing the same things I normally do (I don't go outside all that much unless I have to). Making new friends isn't so easy either (At least in my opinion). Sometimes this stuff doesn't bother me, but other times it really does.

Last edited:
So I caught a cold off my sister a few days back, and while it wasn't too bad for the first 2-3 days of me knowing I was getting it, today it got worse. I've just been feeling disconnected from everything all day, and I can't gather any motivation to draw or write or do anything productive at all so I'm just really bored as well. My throat's been kinda bad, it's harder to hear things because my ears are blocked and my nose is running, so yeah, the joys of illness in the holidays. It may not be the worst thing to happen, but it doesn't stop me from feeling like crap. Haha. Haha. Ha.

satopi

I've been so stressed out by work and not wanting to go, I need a silver lining in all of this. I hope I get a better job soon. :(

^^ I hope you do too, if you're that stressed out by it then it's a really good idea to get a change in job.

I've been feeling worse today. My ears are even more stuffy and my throats is more painful, and I was woken up several times in the middle of the night by my nose running. I also had to have a haircut today, and while I'm lucky enough to have a loose friend of my mum's be a hairdresser so she can come over to our house rather than me having to go somewhere, it didn't stop me from feeling a little dizzy and sick halfway through and forcing myself to stay put until the end. I really hope that this cold clears off a little soon. At least I'll be able to play video games with my sister (who is also ill) later today, which we haven't done in a while.

Edit: turns out I can't do it today now and we'll have to do it tomorrow. Annoying, but understandable.

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Having surgery today. It's a pretty routine one, and I go in the morning and am back by the evening, but it's still a surgery nonetheless, with all the fasting, etc. Also, I hate the fact that it's a LA surgery which means I'll be awake for the procedure.