1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Worst Part of Your Day?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by MidnightFennekin, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Hunter Zolomon

Hunter Zolomon Into the Shadows Staff Member

I really hope things get better for her. Prayers sent your way.

Just curious. Does your job have a point system? I know at my job if you're late you get half a point, if you call off you get a full point, and if you no call no show you get two points. If you accumulate 8 points you get fired, but every month at my job half a point gets taken off. You can also appeal points. Like say I get sick, and I go to the doctors, if I have a doctors note I can use it to appeal a point. Is there anyway possible for you to work something out with your management? There has to be some way for them to understand your situation. I know yesterday I was late to work, but my boss understood that the roads were atrocious. If that was my main supervisor I would have gotten marked late for sure. We've had freezing rain all week, so the roads have been a nightmare. Hopefully the roads are cleared off today.

Anyways, I hope there's some way you can work something out with management. If they terminate you for stuff that's out of your control that's pretty uncalled for. It's not your fault that mother nature sucks sometimes. Good luck.

2. Satoshi & Touko

Satoshi & Touko 85 Days Until SwSh!!! :D

I can really relate to this. Because I usually had to walk to the bus stop to go to work (which is over a mile from where I live), inclement weather is detrimental to my ability to show up as well.

3. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Thanks for the condolences. Another thing that's been the worst part of many days is her mother's dementia and being cold. My grandma is 92 and it doesn't affect her long-term memory, but that doesn't change the fact that she gets scared when grandad is out and is somewhat possessive of him. She's recently come down with a cold and we're not sure what it is, plus she's stubborn and doesn't want to leave the house. This has been pretty upsetting for mum. I am worried about grandad. He's in his mid-eighties, but he's in great health for his age and looks like he's in his 70s(maybe a bit younger if it weren't for his snow-white hair). However I feel looking after grandma is stressing him out too much. He's not able to go to church as much as he used to be(he and especially his brother are pretty religious) or see mum as much. To add on to the troubles, the worst wind the farm they've had since they got it since before I was born hit, and broke a number of panes. Further stressing grandad out

Mum is planning to visit and stay with them for some time so as to help grandad and grandma. I hope they feel better from this, ever since dad and mom separated grandad has been like a second father to me

4. satopi

satopi SM Ash is best Ash! All hail Champion Ash!

My brother keeps getting in trouble with the law after giving him chance after chance. :mad:
    I'm so sorry to hear this! :( Your mother is a strong woman and I hope she pulls through this.

5. RedJirachi

My psychological medicine comes with the side effect of making me hungrier, which is a problem since I am currently trying to diet

6. Samayouru

Samayouru Rabid Dusclops Fan

So it appears that my gerbil is dying, which I've been anticipating for a while considering he's just over 6 and a half years old. It doesn't take away from how sad it makes me feel right now. He's practically my best friend, so saying goodbye is going to be rather hard I think.

7. RedJirachi

Sorry about that. I didn't know gerbils could live that long

8. Samayouru

Samayouru Rabid Dusclops Fan

It's okay. Skip passed away peacefully yesterday morning, and in the end I couldn't have asked for him to pass on any other way. He will be missed.

A lot of our pets tend to live longer than average. We're an easygoing bunch who love them very much.

9. Zero1999

Zero1999 Well-Known Member

Nothing special, but the worst part of my day (or most bad days), is not talking to that special person and say my feelings, I don't have that courage that people have.

10. Akkipeddi

Akkipeddi Platinum Mad

Hearing about Sir Alex Ferguson being in critical condition after undergoing emergency surgery. I've been a Man Utd fan for 16 years now, and I just can't imagine football without him.

Wishing him a speedy recovery.

11. Playful Latios

Playful Latios @Soul Dew

Today was super busy at work and two of my cashiers called out leaving me short handed. I had one cashier on a register inside while I was on self checkout. The rest of my cashiers needed to be outside in the garden center because there were tons of people getting plants and the like. I also found out that two of the cashiers I put in garden went on break at the same time and they weren't suppose to so the assistant manager yelled at them for that since I put 5 people over there so one would do the breaks.

After I left work, I missed a Latios raid by just minutes because people were already catching it and it was about done. Luckily they knew of another one not too far away and a group of people were going there so I got to do that one. We easily defeated it, but I didn't catch it.

12. My entire family (immediate household, I mean) freaked out on me and is now in the process of giving me the silent treatment because I wouldn't let my grandmother have her favorite spot on the couch.

I hate elder obedience.

13. satopi

Even though this happened a few days ago, I woke up breathing heavily and in a panic. I hate having surreal dreams/thoughts as they always feel real like it actually happened and there are times where I don't know if it was a dream or not unless it involved someone who I can ask if so and so happened like my brother. I had to check the Internet on the people who I thought died (but actually didn't to my relief), that I wasn't injured, and no one was crazy. I'm terrified of random acts of violence as it could occur at any age any place, and I won't be able to defend myself without any weapons strapped. Maybe it's because it happened to me and my subconscious decided to randomly remind me. I can't stand men who beat on women (not in self defense), to me, they're the lowest of scum next to pedophiles.

14. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ "Christina"

I had to clean up alot of blood in a bathroom in one of the resident's apartment where I worked today; apparently they fell.

15. xEryChan

xEryChan Peace Staff Member Moderator

Something happened at work yesterday that made me realize that there are some people who just suck in general. I wanted to go in and confront this woman so bad yesterday but I decided against it. This is, more than likely, going to be my last year at this school so I don’t need to be getting myself in trouble now. But it’s safe to say I won’t miss this woman when I leave in June.

16. RedJirachi

Learning my mother's heart is barely working on one half, and has issues on the other. Causing her issues with breathing. And they couldn't find a means to cure it, while the cancer spreads. I honestly don't think she's going to last to the next decade. I'm scared most for my grandfather. His wife is in her 90s, he's great for his age. I fear he might outlive not just his wife but daughter as well

17. LadyTriox

LadyTriox SHE'S SO KAWAII NEEEEEEE

My brain feeling all numb and easily annoyed tonight from taking my meds daily again lately is driving me nuts D:

18. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria Shiny hunter

So I had a fall earlier today and got wounds that didn't look too good and it's been a long time ever since I had a fall like that. My mental state wasn't as good as well so overall I didn't have a good day today.

19. Judge Mandolore Shepard

Judge Mandolore Shepard Spectre Agent

My worst part of my day, well yesterday to be precise occurred when my laptop decided to disconnect from the internet no less than four times. To say that I was annoyed was only scratching the surface.

20. satopi

I woke up in a bad mood and I feel all hope is lost. I wish these depressing feelings will go away. Nothing bad happened, just feeling terrible and putting myself down. I also had a headache and stomachache.