• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Worst Part of Your Day?

Platina2000

Getting food poisoning with violent stomach aches and vomiting, no thanks to cooking and eating chicken breast that sat in my fridge for who knows how long (I'd say a little more than a week). Stupid me just didn't want it to go to waste, thinking it'd still be good, but I won't make that mistake again. Also making soup stock using vegetable scraps I've built up for a couple months in the freezer only for the stock to wind up tasting terrible, because I didn't want to waste fresh vegetables.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I've been dealing with a few creepy coworkers (thankfully the other was harmless but the major one, one of my coworkers told him to back the hell off) who take me home and I've always had this creeper problem regardless of gender where I'm too much of a nice guy to get them really into trouble or the authorities laugh it off and don't do sh*t like in high school. I just wished I was taught how to get help or to quit being treated like some submissive toy when internally, I got an altitude and especially when I'm super pissed, I get taken seriously.

Other than that, I've been failing at getting another job (well, I did get interviews but not in my desired field, and I didn't take them). My new manager is also been kind of irritating whereas the person's unprofessional, gets too defensive over something that wasn't targeted towards them, and doesn't listen to me when I need them to. Work's been sucking so much that I dread coming in. The pay is basically minimum wage, my boss is making me leave early, not wanting me to get 7 hours, and we haven't been getting along. I've been trying to get on their good side and bond but out of nowhere, they start nitpicking me and bringing up a mistake I made earlier or the day before with a rude comment like I can't do anything right. I know my coworkers keep telling me to not let a manager treat you badly but I try to stay on good terms and I thought not getting along with a manager would look bad on my record. I just always had this false hope that if I put up with all the initial bad stuff and keep trying to impress them, maybe then they'll like me and treat me better.... even though I know that isn't always true. I should quit whining and land a better job. The "benefits" sure aren't worth it.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I'd tell your manager how your feeling and ask to sit down and have a proper meeting.

I'm not happy with my circumstances and told my boss. She's looking into options but I'm not optimistic anything will be done. But she knows that if nothing is done, then I'll go elsewhere.

I have to work part time at my old job, just to get to work at my new job. Not the one.

Can someone somewhere give me £50k a week just for waking up already

xEryChan

Demon Child
Don’t feel well at all today, the stress that comes with school has been getting to me. I have to take a couple of tests today and two of them are finals. It’s crazy, I need a break.

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
I have pretty sudden, severe neck pain out of nowhere today. Either it's from [Serebii-friendly negative adjective] job and job training yesterday a the previously mentioned [Serebii-friendly negative adjective] job I work at yesterday, or I'm getting the flu again. I guess we'll see in a day or two here.

Plus I gathered the courage to call my manager for more hours and she's not in. Guess I'll try for tomorrow.

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
Getting food poisoning with violent stomach aches and vomiting, no thanks to cooking and eating chicken breast that sat in my fridge for who knows how long (I'd say a little more than a week). Stupid me just didn't want it to go to waste, thinking it'd still be good, but I won't make that mistake again. Also making soup stock using vegetable scraps I've built up for a couple months in the freezer only for the stock to wind up tasting terrible, because I didn't want to waste fresh vegetables.

I live alone, and I relate to this so much. Well, not so much, because I err on the side of caution, so I've never gotten food poisoning, but I just waste so much food and I hate it. I wish it were easier to buy things in smaller portions so you don't have extra sitting around and spoiling -- or paying a premium to get the smaller size. Threw out probably 2/3rds of a bag of spinach today just because it was too much for one person to reasonably use before expiry (at least it's cheap). Also, it was about a month ago, but my power went out for most of the day, so I ended up throwing out a bunch of frozen meat and stuff just because I didn't want to chance it. This qualifies as the worst part of a day, just not today. I totally contributed to the thread!

Deadeye

H(a)unting...
Having to deal with people who change plans with less than 1 days notice every week, which then affects my daily plans. If I have to spend more time on explaining boundaries between personal and professional than actually focusing on carrying out the tasks, I'll get pissed. And I am pissed now. Not sure if the goals are worth this.

Deadeye

H(a)unting...
Having another day when you'd just want to argue about some deep and controversial stuff with someone whom you can trust enough to not twist the sensitive parts of it but knowing no pure enough soul to do that. Probably quite small issue compared to all life-threatening concerns in the world but hey, I'm not the right person to tell about worst parts of someone else's day, hehe.

satopi

Still in the midst of work related drama, the few things I am highly addicted to and looking forward to, the Walking Dead Final Season, only 3 days left of releasing episode 2, it's cancelled. All this crap happened in just a couple of hours. My only hope is learning how Clementine's story finishes even if us as fans will never get to see it animated nor in it's full game release. In less than 3 months, it would've been finished thoroughly and not just that, over 250 talented people lost their jobs in a matter of minutes, the other projects cancelled as well. Companies don't care their employees, fans, feelings, nor the amount of heart, sweat, and effort you put in their work. I was hoping this was all just a bad nightmare, hoping these rumors weren't true, and yet, I woke up. Nothing's changed. I haven't felt this immense pain gutted through me in such a long time. My heart goes out to the TTG employees affected by this drastic tragedy.

pikanewb

WiteMic
This is a old ass thread but I figured I'd vent here.

Work. I'm like 95% of every adult ever. It's the bane of my existence. I do front desk at a hotel aka get cursed at and berated by people for things that are out of my control. Prices for rooms and snack/drinks. Room floor plan design. Location. etc.

It's like I'm a dart board that has to smile while getting darts whipped at me. Most nights I get off from work i go home with a headache and the urge to drink myself into a coma. Fortunately I don't drink so i just eat junk food until I feel like trash... which I probably even worse than drinking.

And before people say it, yes I can go get another job. The problem is in New Orleans the only other jobs that aren't fast food is bar jobs which I did for 10 years of my life. I DJ'd for 8 and bartended for 2. I hate alcohol. I hate loud music. I hate crowds. The reason i quick out there was because the air out there started affecting my lungs and almost killed me. So i took a job outside of the french quarter. My physical health is better but my mental health is slipping away from me. I have to play games and ride my bike to escape my reality.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I was running late to the train today and as I went onto the station I accidentally bumped into some guy when the train just arrived. He returned with abuse without regard for my situation. There’s definitely something wrong with him. But regard the urgent situations of others, for the sake of others! I was going to be late for that fricking train! Thankfully it didn’t get any worse. I could’ve gotten a fractured skull from a punch, get knocked out or even killed.

satopi

Took 2 driving lessons so far and it feels like the driving school isn't a match for me but I already paid so much money for them to teach me. I feel like I suck at driving and will never get better because of my anxiety affecting me. Driving is so hard and yet I have to learn it. This sucks so much, I wish I could just be this confident person who is like everyone else and drive like it's no big deal but I can't. It makes me question how everyone can drive like they're riding a bike yet I'm over here getting a near nervous breakdown.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The hot water tank in my house leaked and there isn't as much hot water in the house, especially for a bath or for washing the dishes. Fortunately it's getting replaced tomorrow.

Deadeye

H(a)unting...
Deciding to do something productive on my day off, yet doing nothing productive today due to complete lack of motivation.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yesterday, I dropped my 3DS while I was charging it and it made a popping sound and the top screen flashed after three seconds every time I tried to turn it on. That meant I wasn't able to play Pokémon 3DS games as well as other 3DS games until I get it fixed.

Br0k3n s0Ul

Br0k3n sOUl
Woke up to another day of stuffy nose and sinus pressure. With a possible ear infection and the promise of a busy schedule. Like, seriously, how are we supposed to be busy on Thanksgiving week? (I'm not going to say break because online college classes don't acknowledge breaks.)

satopi

Had a crappy couple of days at work and have been dreading going to work as each day passes. Now, I'm in the midst of doing a triple shift. FML!

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
We had introduced a cat a while back to our house, but he didn't get along with the other cats.

Today, my brother and I try to get a cat in the cage. After my hands were cut up pretty good, we manage to get him in.

My brother decides to go by himself to the animal shelter (my mom is at work), so that I can tend to my cuts.

After a while, my brother called back saying they wouldn't accept the cat, and that we would have to pay $100 to get him in.

My brother came to the house and gave some more details about the story:

Apparently, he got some details inconsistent to what my mom told them over the phone (which he doesn't live with us).

After his explanation of the cat's story, he offered to phone to them to talk to our mom.

The receptionists told my mom on the phone that they could have my brother put in jail over this.

My brother refused to say anymore after his words were misconstrued and got indirectly threatened by the owners.

So TL;DR, we tried to give the cat a new home where he could be a happy cat. Instead, my brother gets threatened with jail time.

Last edited:

Deadeye

H(a)unting...
Noticing how stressed I've been recently and having its effects show in my life! Not only I've probably been bit of an *** to few people for annoying me, but also worrying about some silly possibility that my lastest attempts to have fun would have consequences as in someone trying to embarrass me instead of the other people sharing this same genuine wish to have fun, plain and simple. I can't keep ensuring that forever, gotta take risks and enjoy the thrill of maybe getting caught a way or another but... guess some wounds never fully heal. I even annoy myself for questioning other people's motives so obsessively during times like these! What is done is done though.

Wonder how much one can truly trust good will of other people in this world. I want to stop worrying, but I don't want to be framed as bad person if I'm rude, taken advantage of if I'm nice or be bullied just because I don't want to waste time being toxic... nor become a stalker to ensure that good will in others.