• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Worst Part of Your Day?

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I've had a chronic daily headache 24/7 for the last 14 years despite the numerous professionals I've seen and crazy concoctions of medications, so I totally get that. Hope you and vanillite1 feel better and headacheless!
It's time for you to break off your relationship of 14 years. It seems strained. That's terrible that you have to deal with one daily. I don't think I could handle it. :(

Yes I'm doing much better! But I'm awaiting for a callback for a position I really want.

Superteletubbies64

MAHINA-PEEEAAA!!!
Well, yesterday I got a massive nosebleed and it lasted for about 10 minutes

MechanisticMoth

Eloquent Speaker
Today I was told at work that I need to "limit" my watching of video games at work. My job is very feast or famine in terms of receiving work, so I mostly watch Mario Maker to pass the time. I don't get it because so many people are constantly on YouTube or Netflix here. I sit near some execs, unfortunately. I'm slightly suspicious because it's a video game rather than a talk show or drama.

Today I was told at work that I need to "limit" my watching of video games at work. My job is very feast or famine in terms of receiving work, so I mostly watch Mario Maker to pass the time. I don't get it because so many people are constantly on YouTube or Netflix here. I sit near some execs, unfortunately. I'm slightly suspicious because it's a video game rather than a talk show or drama.

Well, that's kinda rude. Hopefully you won't need to limit your watching too much, video games are much better than most dramas nowadays :p

Four homework assignments for tomorrow. Need I say more?

Veens

So, I feel like I'm getting out of touch with one of my (used to be, I think) close friends. It sucks and it's been going on for a while now. I'm pretty much at the point that I want it to just be over. The uncertainty about the friendship is what's killing me.

MechanisticMoth

Eloquent Speaker
So, I woke up late today and showed up to work 30 minutes late. Luckily my boss wasn't here, and I have a flexible schedule, but it still sucks. It means that I have to stay late to make up that time, which is more frustrating because I take the 45 minute train ride back and forth to work everyday.

I also had my every 6-10 week check up with my psychiatrist yesterday. He's nice and knows that I'm a pretty easy case (I found just the right combo of meds early after being diagnosed with bipolar disorder), but it's frustrating when I talk about stuff that's bothering me and he doesn't really respond to them. For instance, I talked about how I've dated my girlfriend for a long time now and am still not at the point of saying "I love you" because I want to be absolutely sure and not make the mistake of saying it too early. He then just talked about how dating was in his day and how it differs today. It's kinda weird, but I mostly just need someone to write me prescriptions every three months.

satopi

So, I woke up late today and showed up to work 30 minutes late. Luckily my boss wasn't here, and I have a flexible schedule, but it still sucks. It means that I have to stay late to make up that time, which is more frustrating because I take the 45 minute train ride back and forth to work everyday.

I also had my every 6-10 week check up with my psychiatrist yesterday. He's nice and knows that I'm a pretty easy case (I found just the right combo of meds early after being diagnosed with bipolar disorder), but it's frustrating when I talk about stuff that's bothering me and he doesn't really respond to them. For instance, I talked about how I've dated my girlfriend for a long time now and am still not at the point of saying "I love you" because I want to be absolutely sure and not make the mistake of saying it too early. He then just talked about how dating was in his day and how it differs today. It's kinda weird, but I mostly just need someone to write me prescriptions every three months.
Once you're done with work, you can always preoccupy yourself with the 45 min train ride. I used to commute 2 hours to and from school and then go straight to work where I'll work 8-9 hours. Though I couldn't take it after a while.

I never saw the point on why couples would constantly say "I love you" to each other or celebrate 1 week, 1 month, 3 month anniversaries like that's something. Sure celebrating your 1 year is great. You should tell your girlfriend "I love you" when you feel it is time. To me, it's much believable to show that you love your significant other by treating her right, doing little things to show you love her, be there for her, and such rather than saying it. Action speaks louder than words. I barely, if ever say "I love you" to my brothers or anyone else who I love but that doesn't mean I don't. There's other ways to say "I love you" besides actually saying it.

MechanisticMoth

Eloquent Speaker
Once you're done with work, you can always preoccupy yourself with the 45 min train ride. I used to commute 2 hours to and from school and then go straight to work where I'll work 8-9 hours. Though I couldn't take it after a while.

I never saw the point on why couples would constantly say "I love you" to each other or celebrate 1 week, 1 month, 3 month anniversaries like that's something. Sure celebrating your 1 year is great. You should tell your girlfriend "I love you" when you feel it is time. To me, it's much believable to show that you love your significant other by treating her right, doing little things to show you love her, be there for her, and such rather than saying it. Action speaks louder than words. I barely, if ever say "I love you" to my brothers or anyone else who I love but that doesn't mean I don't. There's other ways to say "I love you" besides actually saying it.

I read comics off my tablet on the train ride... or fall half-asleep in the mornings.

Yeah, I've never been much of a celebrate every weird anniversary date (7 months, yay!) or show too much affection in public and what not. I agree that actions are better than words. I just want to be absolutely sure so I don't get trapped. I just over-rationalize everything, and I'm super cautious after being in other long-term relationships.

waking up to more snow after days of high temps and sunshine... the weather is just crazy these days...

I saw that that's hitting the mid to eastern US. Thanks to the good ol' global warming, our weather patterns are changing and it really sucks.

Veens

So I think some people have started gossiping about me and now I get treated weirdly by some friends.

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
Hated the fact that the schedule defense was moved again. This really prolongs the agony.

pirate555

Word.
Receiving a declaration of love from an ex who I'd broken up with because he hadn't uttered that phrase or any similar one (a symptom of bigger problems) in the three years we were together. Kindly received one year too late. Boom.

Receiving a declaration of love from an ex who I'd broken up with because he hadn't uttered that phrase or any similar one (a symptom of bigger problems) in the three years we were together. Kindly received one year too late. Boom.

Oh my god, that must be awkward for you. Since I'm a complete doofus when it comes to romance, all I can say is best of luck.

I caught a cold from my brother and sister today. It doesn't feel that great.

MechanisticMoth

Eloquent Speaker
So I think some people have started gossiping about me and now I get treated weirdly by some friends.

It's best just to ask your friends what's up. It might be a bit nerve wracking since you're delving into the unknown, but if you notice something's different, you should find out why.

Ugh, that's awkward. It's probably a desperate way to win you back and they don't actually mean it. I would just tell them to screw off, but I'm a little more brash.

remembering the log on to this account
i've been trying to ignore this place for like 5 years

Well, we're happy to see you back, even if it's slightly begrudgingly.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Sat in my reading group/seminar bored out of my mind. Mentally I'm just thinking of the train back home (to what will be the bestpart of my day, seeing my cats again in 2 months)

Doesn't help that I hate the unit and the course in general and I'm only continuing because it's my last year and the other modules are worse. Although I would appreciate it if my seminar lead turned up so I had stuff to do.

Complaining mainly about something small (compared to other stuff here) but I needed to get it off my chest.

satopi

Sat in my reading group/seminar bored out of my mind. Mentally I'm just thinking of the train back home (to what will be the bestpart of my day, seeing my cats again in 2 months)

Doesn't help that I hate the unit and the course in general and I'm only continuing because it's my last year and the other modules are worse. Although I would appreciate it if my seminar lead turned up so I had stuff to do.

Complaining mainly about something small (compared to other stuff here) but I needed to get it off my chest.
Stay strong, you'll get through this! At least you got to see your cats again and the course won't last that long. It's only temporary.